Why Can't We Get A CS-80 VST That Actually Sounds Like a CS-80?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:10 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:09 pm also, lush 101 has a good starting point. i'd bet you could get real close with lush.
Dasheesh, please, stop talking.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:09 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:06 pm "not good enough" was the answer. because no matter how good it gets, there will be something someone will see as missing. because, you can't exactly reproduce an analog machine played and recorded 40 years in the past. too many variables. that's what made them special. each one was unique and special.
No, no, no. Again, listen to The Legend and the PolyM.

Please, just STOP.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

OP is unsatisfied with a reply, OP threatens to lock the thread:
wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:11 pm This has nothing to do with time. This has to do with accurately emulating a piece of gear.

But by all means, keep dodging the question until I just get fed up and lock this thread.

I could go on but enough of that. Read carefully and read it all and read between the lines.

Well, {reading carefully} tbh you very much cherry-picked the best goalpost you could in order to make wanting the sound of the CS-80 in emulations to be better than say Arturia's appear suspect, & this in order to play out a beef against a person.

jens, stay out of this thread please, your intents have no valid purpose but to troll...post again and I will suspend you
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:25 pm jens, stay out of this thread please, your intents have no valid purpose but to troll...post again and I will suspend you
I thought jens posts were postive and constuctive. It calls out some abhorrent behavious that plagues this forum and really needs to stop.

On topic: I use the Arturia CS80 quite a bit. it sounds very close to the hardware synth - close enough that the dna comes across. it helps to sweeten it up with effects and production. But if someone doesn't like it dont use it. Apparently there is no better emulation out there. So... use it or not. whatever. it's not really that important. :phones:

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:06 pm "not good enough" was the answer. because no matter how good it gets, there will be something someone will see as missing. because, you can't exactly reproduce an analog machine played and recorded 40 years in the past. too many variables. that's what made them special. each one was unique and special.
This would not change the fact of say Arturia's Minimoog V or whatever it was not being a very good emulation. It strikes me as almost sophistry to make this the whole criteria. It also sounds like parroting a myth to say you never could rely on the sound being the same the next time. There is a little truth to that (the funny thing is there is the same truth as regards reproducing a complex sound design in a DAW render as well, owing to complexity and variabilities in its methodologies) but in my experience which was recording with a Minimoog fulltime for more than one summer, it was close enough to not be a disruption.

A lot of work here is going into making wanting a particular emulation seem like a stupid idea, just saying.

plexuss wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:31 pm
Hink wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:25 pm jens, stay out of this thread please, your intents have no valid purpose but to troll...post again and I will suspend you
I thought jens posts were postive and constuctive. It calls out some abhorrent behavious that plagues this forum and really needs to stop.

On topic: I use the Arturia CS80 quite a bit. it sounds very close to the hardware synth - close enough that the dna comes across. it helps to sweeten it up with effects and production. But if someone doesn't like it dont use it. Apparently there is no better emulation out there. So... use it or not. whatever. it's not really that important. :phones:
no, if you dont care for someone's posts move on...flaming is not acceptable...anyhow enough babysitting for me...people want to play this game and not stay on topic I lock the thread and take names
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Instruments”