Steinberg VB-1 vs. Modo Bass

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is heresy I know, but wouldn't a VB-1 combined with a good amp sim and some extra fx be sufficient? I would prefer it over any sample based monster anyway...
VB-1 came out 2000 btw. but vintage is always fashionable...

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:03 am This is heresy I know, but wouldn't a VB-1 combined with a good amp sim and some extra fx be sufficient? I would prefer it over any sample based monster anyway...
Sufficient for what? As far as I recall it doesn't have anything in the way of articulations and would be prone to 'machine gunning' for repeated notes.

Normally, for guitars, I never recommend that someone asking for a vst goes out and buys a real one, but for bass...come on, it's easy! :hihi:

Yeah, it doesn't slap as my Peavey...

Vb1 vs Modo Bass - like a sine osc vs a full synth ? Seem only slightly related ... not comparable IMHO

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:03 am This is heresy I know, but wouldn't a VB-1 combined with a good amp sim and some extra fx be sufficient?
Not unless you really don't give a shit.

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:03 am This is heresy I know, but wouldn't a VB-1 combined with a good amp sim and some extra fx be sufficient? I would prefer it over any sample based monster anyway...
as someone who actually plays bass, you should slap yourself!

Yes. It would be perfect.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

This is typical KVR mentality. Suggest something that is pure horseshit either because you don't know any better or because you want people to THINK you don't know any better.

I pity people who come to this forum looking for advice given some of the things I've seen mentioned in these threads. Hopefully, they have enough of a brain in their heads to realize they're either being punked or just the victim of total stupidity.

Dis a typical KVR mentality Suggest sup'm dat a pure horseshit eitha cuz yuh nuh kno any betta or cuz yuh wa people to tink yuh nuh kno any betta mi pity people who cum to dis forum looking fi advice given sum of di things mi seen mentioned inna dem yah threads Hopefully dem ave enuff of a brain inna dem heads to realize dem eitha being punked or just di victim of total stupidity

I came just to look at the replies.
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

wagtunes wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:57 pm This is typical KVR mentality. Suggest something that is pure horseshit either because you don't know any better or because you want people to THINK you don't know any better.

I pity people who come to this forum looking for advice given some of the things I've seen mentioned in these threads. Hopefully, they have enough of a brain in their heads to realize they're either being punked or just the victim of total stupidity.
haha...couldnt agree more...Love it...
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

i tried loving it, but it's buggy.

in Cubase Pro, notes would get stuck, and other things i can't recall right now.
make sure you give the demo a proper workout to check if it behaves properly.

Steinberg VB-1... wow... i remember i used that once. Old plugin. :)

if you remember vb1, you weren't there man!

or something :shrug:

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:15 pm Steinberg VB-1... wow... i remember i used that once. Old plugin. :)
You may be confusing this with your first vibrator. VB1.

Return to “Instruments”