Bass guitar plugin suitable for reggae?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all. I'm looking for a (preferably cheap) bass guitar vst plugin suitable for reggae. Something fairly realistic sounding.

Thanks.

Ample Bass P Lite II is free, and will get you started although the range of tones and options is limited.

I do some dub stuff and use Scarbee's Rickenbacker when I want a more realistic bass sound. It comes with the free Kontakt player. Plenty of tonal variations and sound shaping via the Amp, TapeSim, EQ, and Comp, and useful articulations.

Scarbee do a range of bass instruments if the Rick is not to your taste, all around £60-£90

Steinbergs ancient VB-1 is a virtual Bass which is more flexible than any sample based vst can be. Just add some amp and fx from your DAW and off you go...
And its free... https://www.kvraudio.com/product/vb-1-by-steinberg

You could probably find (shock horror) a real bass relatively cheaply...

MODO Bass.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:24 am MODO Bass.
While I agree that MODO is a great sounding instrument, I wouldn't say that it was "preferably cheap" at €359.99...

neverbeeninariot wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:49 am
While I agree that MODO is a great sounding instrument, I wouldn't say that it was "preferably cheap" at €359.99...
What???? How much???? I picked mine up for $150. Holy crap, talk about a price hike.

Trilian

Any + bass amp from the free guitar rig player.
Though I recommend you to buy a real bass guitar.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:12 am
neverbeeninariot wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:49 am
What???? How much???? I picked mine up for $150. Holy crap, talk about a price hike.
Yeah, kinda rude at the full price... that's direct from IKM at full whack though, I suspect that in the sales you'd get a much better deal via AudioDeluxe (or similar). $150 sounds more reasonable

I happily use Scarbee Jay Bass or Orange Tree Samples Evolution Flatwounds.
Both reasonably priced. Getting a real bass is preferable although perhaps not as convenient.

I got MODO for $71 direct from IK. They had one of their very common sales, where the crossgrade from any IK product was $99, then I was able to use jam points to knock it down further. It's good to own at least one IK plug since they don't do upgrades and everything over $99 or whatever makes you eligible to crossgrade to everything else at a discount. Then combine that with [pretty frequently occurring] sales and suddenly the prices are great.

You can get an extra 30% off today using the coupon code EASTER30
https://www.waves.com/plugins/bass-slapper

UJamm got a series of very good realistic bass guitars. Also check out this guys site he got a ton of free sampled bass guitars along with other instruments in SFZ for Plogue SFZANDO but the wav files are included
https://www.karoryfer.com/karoryfer-samples

Scarbee Jay or Pre-Bass for Kontakt, $69. Pre- is 'fatter', grittier.

Return to “Instruments”