Arturia V6 package

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wasn‘t aware that a point of an OP is of any relevance for the following comments here on KVR... :wink:

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:44 am I wasn‘t aware that a point of an OP is of any relevance for the following comments here on KVR... :wink:
But some credit is due to the OP for sticking around after the first post!

BBFG# wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:13 am
martinjuenke wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:44 am I wasn‘t aware that a point of an OP is of any relevance for the following comments here on KVR... :wink:
But some credit is due to the OP for sticking around after the first post!
Yes, that‘s not common practice...

Common practice is self entertainment of a bunch of KVR junkies...

Thanks and yes I am disappointed,it's expensive software,I can compare the quality with recordings I've done previously and to my ears it's not there,too thin

Yes I have Diva,fantastic kit,I also have the Korg legacy pack,the Poly6 is amazing,and Some Superwave plugins,Equinox,P8,Performer,value for money and fantastic sounds

Synths are different, and each synth can be used for a particular sound.
And if we talk about convincing: the synclavier and the dx7 is quite "convincing" (of course the dx7 is high on cpu - arturia should refine that)

I like most of the synths in the bundle, including older ones like the Prophet and Jupiter. I also have Diva and Repro, but sometimes the Arturia synths fit better in the mix. They tend to require less EQ and processing to stop them from taking over the entire mix. The presets aren't as drenched in effects as some other VST's (the Prophet only has chorus and delay available, for example) , which might be one reason they sound "tinner".

Martkorg wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 am Thanks and yes I am disappointed,it's expensive software,I can compare the quality with recordings I've done previously and to my ears it's not there,too thin
Some synths are quite old. From the SEM on, the quality is there for me.
They do sound somewhat thin. Some processing is required to beef the low end up and then it's fine.
The presets are also always very musical.

There are definitely synths out there with more beef and a more wow factor when you play a single preset but that are less inspiring as a whole. I find the Arturia package always inspiring, albeit in need of some processing on the low end. The older synths are showing their age though.

For me the package is not expensive if you calculate the amount per synth (even if you disregard the oldest synths) and they have a great loyality program. As an existing user, I typically get new releases for 70 euro instead of 200 or 300 (normal price on release).

Also, the quality of their synths has been steadily improving. Their GUI's used to be weak but are of the best around now IMO. Their latest synth Pigments makes a complex synth quite easy to grasp and has tons of visual feedback.
Last edited by Stefken on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not saying they're all rubbish,the Sem is good,I am only comparing it to Arturias V2 my recordings using the V2 sound much better and a lot of the great presets from there have been taken out especially Minimoog,Prophet5,Arp2600,that I used in my projects have gone,maybe the Authors wouldn't allow them to be used in future editions dunno

Can't you just import the old presets? Maybe just the presets have changed....

Martkorg wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 am I'm not saying they're all rubbish,the Sem is good,I am only comparing it to Arturias V2 my recordings using the V2 sound much better and a lot of the great presets from there have been taken out especially Minimoog,Prophet5,Arp2600,that I used in my projects have gone,maybe the Authors wouldn't allow them to be used in future editions dunno
Yes, v2 and v3 are different. Yes, the presets changed too. They are not worse, they are simply different, because the parameter ranges also changed between versions, and all presets had to be reprogrammed. But you have a converter to get your v2 presets into v3: https://www.arturia.com/faq/vc5presetup ... -questions

Beware though that they will probably sound different. You will have to edit further after the conversion to have the same sound. And for that you will need the older instruments to check the sound. But if you liked so much the old sounds, why don't you install those that you used? They can even coexist.

You don't need to install the whole collection. If you just used the Minimoog, the Prophet and the ARP 2600, just install those.
Last edited by fmr on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

People who used to use the hardware say often, they are really close to the original and good enough. People who never owned the hardware say sometimes that they are thin and weak :shrug:
I cannot say something about about the accuracy of their emulations but I use the Arturia synths and V6 very often and like the quality of the emulations. In the mix with other synths from other developers like U-He, they work great.

Fmr
I wasn't aware of the conversion of presets or that you could run 2versions of the same instrument
I mentioned earlier the Phil Collins Prophet 5 preset for "In the air tonight" a pad in V2 it's very good and that preset is in V6 by the same author but it's nothing like as good as previous
Thanks I will look into your suggestions

Return to “Instruments”