Arturia Collection Speculation thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Others already created mellotron plugins, so maybe Arturia is the next

Perhaps an emulation of Omnisphere?

Synergy would be a candidate. And Technos Acxel. Arturia had always been recreating ancient monsters unaffordable for normal humans back in the days...

I doubt they will recreate a UPIC ever, though its a french company, but the french had always a problem with their greek refugee Xenakis... (I just happen to be in the same room with one of the last working units...)

They might pull out some sort of physical modeled church organ (including the space). That would be an interesting project anyway...

Ondes Martenot and Trautonium would fit as well...

I’d love a good Andromeda emulation. Mostly because I don’t have the space to keep mine set up, and pulling that heavy beast out of storage for an afternoon is too much of a nuisance.

I’d like them to refresh their older emulations, personally. I’d love a CS-80 that actually sounds somewhat like the real thing.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:53 pm
Stefken wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:23 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:10 pm
Roman Wisniak wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:00 pm Alesis Andromeda sounds like most modern substractive virual analog vsti's. Nothing interesting at all. Usual stuff.
Please point me to the VST that sounds like the A6 and I will buy it right now.
IK Multimedia Syntronik Galaxy
Except it's not a synth. It's a rompler.
No, it's in between a rompler and a synth. And you asked for a vst. Which it is.

Stefken wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:47 am
wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:53 pm
Stefken wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:23 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:10 pm
Roman Wisniak wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:00 pm Alesis Andromeda sounds like most modern substractive virual analog vsti's. Nothing interesting at all. Usual stuff.
Please point me to the VST that sounds like the A6 and I will buy it right now.
IK Multimedia Syntronik Galaxy
Except it's not a synth. It's a rompler.
No, it's in between a rompler and a synth. And you asked for a vst. Which it is.
That's bullshit, they are romplers, nothing else. Have you ever seen a synth oscillator with no possibility to change the waveform?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Syntronik is technically a rompler, but it is not like other romplers - it's a lot closer to a synth than a lot of other romplers.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

That's why it is of no use as emulation of old hardware. The filters/envelopes/modulations are different and always the same...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:46 am That's why it is of no use as emulation of old hardware. The filters/envelopes/modulations are different and always the same...
filters are certainly different - there are various filter models on offer. however, i would agree about envelopes/modulations. then again, the target audience for Syntronik is not necessarily people that care about authentic reproduction of nuances of the envelopes and programming their own sounds. it's more about easy access to classic sounds. so, yes, still a ROMpler, but quite a bit more advanced.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:24 pm:hihi:
:hihi:

IMO, what Arturia did with the DX-7 was fantastic. They nailed the core capabilities and timbres, and added a ton of additional bits. It is backward compatible to the original, but goes well beyond. I owned a DX-7 for years.. and the emulation is spot-on. I'd love to see them do that with other classic synths (most already mentioned).

That said -- what I would REALLY like to see Arturia do, is add functionality to Analog Lab to allow owners to connect up their hardware synths to it's engine. Let us split, later, Arturia presets with our own (external) instruments.
/wishlist off

Mellotron seems like the most obvious hole in their lineup, and I think by GForce not updating their GUIs, they’ve given them a good opportunity. Sure will be hard to compete with the MTron library though!

Are the synths that have been mentioned so far a little too obscure to get the OK from Arturia’s marketing dept? I would love too see an Arp 2500, or a great sounding Moog Model 15 (damn I wish Moog would release Mac/PC versions). Something from EMS? Wasp? Pipe organ? Harpsichord? Electric grand? Emulator? Linndrum?

Or maybe Pigments shows that they’re done with emulations and are moving to original instruments?

They are probably busy making "Three delays you will never actually use".

Without getting into their full blown workstations -
Kawai K3/K5 and Emu Morpheus/UltraProteus, might be nice to have.
And still looking for a good emulation of the YC-45D.

I actually hope they don't get lost down a rabbit hole of pianos and harpsichords though. Maybe RMI/Elka. But don't really need them.

Return to “Instruments”