Arturia Collection Speculation thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spark 3...

Maybe some updates on the sound engines for the B3, Wurli and Rhodes emulations. The Farfisa and Vox emulations sound fantastic. In all honesty the other 3 sound good too, but could do with just a very small improvement in the underlying tone.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

How about an emulation of the Behringer DeepMind?

https://youtu.be/zO53NsjLPys
Last edited by zzz00m on Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:10 pm
Roman Wisniak wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:00 pm Alesis Andromeda sounds like most modern substractive virual analog vsti's. Nothing interesting at all. Usual stuff.
Please point me to the VST that sounds like the A6 and I will buy it right now.
IK Multimedia Syntronik Galaxy

Stefken wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:23 pm
Roman Wisniak wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:00 pm Alesis Andromeda sounds like most modern substractive virual analog vsti's. Nothing interesting at all. Usual stuff.
Except it's not a synth. It's a rompler.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:53 pm
But technically...it can sound like it.

nvm

Examigan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:57 pmnvm
Fine, whatever. Not going to argue. I have no use for a rompler. I want a genuine A6 emulation, not that it's ever going to happen.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:59 pm
Fine, whatever. Not going to argue. I have no use for a rompler. I want a genuine A6 emulation, not that it's ever going to happen.
Omnisphere has a hardware profile with many presets and waveforms etc., you can use even with out the hardware synth.

Examigan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:17 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:59 pm
Omnisphere has a hardware profile with many presets and waveforms etc., you can use even with out the hardware synth.
Except it's not an A6 nor can it do everything an A6 can do. I know because I own Omnisphere. It's no A6.

That would be cool to have a full emulation of it, but I just wanted to suggest Omnisphere if you didn't have it already.

Funny, playing with the IK Syntronik after their last give away was one of the reasons I decided to buy Analog Lab...
Syntronik really didn't impress me at all. Either in sound or playability.
I sure don't think buying it or Omni will improve or expand Arturia AL.

I'm sure A/B it's nowhere close (and this is pre-Core Reaktor), but considering it's pedigree, and probably because of some ridiculously great preset design (the very first snap has always been one of my favorites) - I imagine I'd be in love if this heard this out of some hardware instead of my laptop. Also does vintage keys really well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuaGMb3_X8o

Now - let's move on to a real CS-80 emu...

OT - but regarding the Photone:

A lot of those early Reaktor synths were either designed with interesting harmonic workflow / structure (like SubHarmonic - duh, or Akkord) or presets that played with interesting harmonics - a lot of Photone, Carbon stuff). Not sure where the influence was (maybe 90's Berlin techno scene?). But I always found it inspiring.

Ok - edit so I don't hijack this thread any further with another post, but came across this:

http://cdm.link/2019/03/inside-the-esot ... connector/

You can hear that common sound - probably not just the shared DSP of the early Reaktor stuff, but the influence of those sound designers that were probably common to a lot of that library. A less modern sound, that fresh again because its vintage, and because so much new sound design (IMO) is geared towards the most current EDM genres.

Back to Atruria...

I'm pretty happy with all the current Arturia stuff.

Only thing on my wish list would be that they add release velocity capabilities to all the stuff that doesn't have it now.
An Andromeda emulation could be interesting, but mostly because I don't have mine anymore.

Examigan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:57 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:53 pm
But technically...it can sound like it.
No. Majority of those galaxy presets are quite bad. Half of them are just raw waveforms wich are useless without the other components that make a synth to be THAT synth. I had bought it and it was such a disapointment i thought even having it for free is a waste of HDD space.

Return to “Instruments”