One Synth Challenge #122: Surge (schiing wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Hey, put on your retro sports jacket and get in my spaceship for a bit of action before we watch another episode of "30something"!"

Okay, here goes nothing - time to wrap it up and start a new Surge project: My entry this month :D

I call it Floating in Space (Cocktails) - I strongly considered adding a '90 at the end, but I really gotta stop naming all my songs after the period they sound like! Anyways, some jazzy stuff this time.

I don't know why, but the last two months have been the most fun I've had making music in a long time. Love the synths and I really feel like I'm getting somewhere with my mixes. Oh, well - enough with the self-congratulatory praise - here's the tune!

Oh, and Surge is a wonderful synth - thanks for keeping it alive and well, guys!

https://soundcloud.com/terjefjelde/floa ... -cocktails

DAW: PreSonus Studio One Professional
Instances of Surge: 34, all from scratch - no waveforms for drums or perc.

Efx:
ProEQ (25)
BootEQmkII (17)
Slax (7)
IVGI (3)
DD Delay (1)
DD Autopan (4)
DD Reverb (1)

Master chain: BootEQmkII -> DD Reverb -> TDRVos SlickEQ -> ProEQ -> TDR Nova -> ProEQ -> Unlimited
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

Way to set the bar high!

Get it? Bar... high as in space.... :cry: I'll get me coat

But really, sounds fabulous :)

Guenon wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:24 pm Way to set the bar high!

Get it? Bar... high as in space.... :cry: I'll get me coat
Got it! I'll see you sooner than Ken Olin can put on some Steely Dan! (too obscure for a reference in 2019? Never!)
Guenon wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:24 pm But really, sounds fabulous :)
Thanks! :)
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

I'll be able to tell my grandkids that I knew Terje before he was famous
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:41 pm I'll be able to tell my grandkids that I knew Terje before he was famous
Yeah, it's like I always said: Middle-aged Bob James-wannabes are the future of music! :D :lol:

Future Mangione is on the horizon!

TheNeverScene wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:18 pm Future Mangione is on the horizon!
Aah, a fluegelhorn connoisseur! I knew there was a reason why I like you so much! :hihi:

Oh, don't think I didn't catch that! haha

Oooh I can't wait to try the stacking lfo thing.

TheNeverScene wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:41 pm I'll be able to tell my grandkids that I knew Terje before he was famous
Haha.

Sweet, I wanted to see a one synth challenge with this synth. Also, a one synth challenge with some old rob papen plugins (Albino?) would be amazing

I think Guenon's street rave spilled over into my middle school orchestra concert.
*goofy band concert test deleted*
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Awful, Michael, simply awful! Try again! Heh, the only thing missing is the conductor frantically hitting the music stand with his baton at the end :-D

Man, cut em some slack! They haven't even hit puberty yet!... well, except for the bass drum player (held back a few times) and completely missed his cue!

:hihi: :hihi: I got a laugh from this :clap: :lol:

Return to “Instruments”