Wusik X42 BETA (Windows only for now) - Instrument/Effect Bridge and more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wusik X42 BETA (Windows only for now)

Use the Downlaod URL you got when you pre-ordered it. Or use the following form to retrieve your download information.
https://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/support/find-order-s

File: WIN_Wusik_X42_BETA_000.zip

------------------------------------------

Mar 22 2019 - V1.0.0 BETA #001

- Initial BETA Version

------------------------------------------

This is the INITIAL BETA, so there's a few things missing and some problems that I'm still working on. Be nice with me as I finish this product. ;-)

How to use Wusik X42 (I will create a complete manual once new features are finished up and the interface is freezed).

1) If you are on Windows 64 Bits, open "Wusik 42 64 Manager" otherwise open "Wusik 42 32 Manager".
2) Click "Source Plugins Manager", this will open the plugin's window. Here you will scan and add all the plugins you want to use with Wusik X42. Now, keep in mind that those plugins should be in a separated folder that your DAW/Host won't see. Otherwise you will end up with duplicated plugins your your DAW/Host and Wusik X42 may not work.
3) To start adding plugins click on Options at the bottom left and select either VST or VST3 scans at the bottom of the menu. The scan can detect both 32 and 64 bits plugins, so you can add both types in your folders.
4) Now you can edit the list. You can also rename and hide plugins. Click on each for a popup menu with those options.
5) Once you have the list the way you want, you can create the new list to be used with your DAW/Host. Close this window and select the target you want: VST and/or VST3, and the bit format: 32 or 64 bits. Both formats will load 32 and 64 bits plugins (if your OS supports).
6) Click on Update Target Plugins to create the new list of plugins. Those will be stored in .\Wusik X42 Data\Plugins\ with two folders, VST2 and VST3.
7) Now you can open your DAW/Host and add the folder above to be scanned. Again, don't forget to remove the original plugin's folders so you don't end up with duplicated plugins.

Now all your plugins are bridged. So you can use 64 bits plugins in 32 bits hosts (as long as you got Windows 64 bits) and also 32 bits plugins in 64 bits hosts. Plus, you can cross use VST2 and VST3 files depending on the settings you have set. If the target is VST2, you should be able to host VST3 files as VST2 in hosts that only supports VST2 format.

Last update for today. :cool:

Wusik X42 - Mar 22 2019 - V1.0.0 BETA #008

- Improved the code.
- Now you can click on a plugin and select it not to be bridged. When compiling the final list of plugins and the code finds plugins that has not been selected to be bridged, it will copy the plugin's file instead of creating a bridge plugin.
- Added Options to the main screen with: Auto Reload On Crash (not working yet) and Editors Always On Top.
- Updated the Plugin's Scanner: added isInstrument option to each plugin.
- Fixed a crash in the Plugin's Scanner, when selecting bad plugins and using the show/hide options.

This solution seems about 4 times as expensive as Jbridge, an existing bridging solution.

Could you please explain where the difference comes from/ what we can expect as being better than existing bridging solutions?

Hello, the product page has complete information on what it does. ;-)

https://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/produ ... /wusik-x42

New Wusik X42 BETA

Mar 24 2019 - V1.0.0 BETA #008

- Improved the code and fixed several problems.
- The editor will now follow (or try to) the host window position.

New Wusik X42 Beta

Mar 26 2019 - V1.0.0 BETA #014

- Fixed problems in the set paths screen. Improved the alerts and settings of non-empty paths.
- In the plugins manager: renamed the Instruments tab to Type.

Cheers, WilliamK

New Wusik X42 Beta

Mar 26 2019 - V1.0.0 BETA #016

- Fixed problems in the set paths screen. Improved the alerts and settings of non-empty paths.
- In the plugins manager: renamed the Instruments tab to Type.
- Auto-Load on plugin crash should work now. Is not bullet-proof just yet, but works great.
- Fixed some GUI stuff.

Cheers, WilliamK

Mar 28 2019 - V1.0.0 BETA #018

- The Main Application now requests administrator rights so it can write files to protected folders. EG: X:\Program Files
- Renamed Hide to Ignore in the plugins manager. Ignored files won't be copied/bridged.

New Wusik X42 BETA

Apr 04 2019 - V1.0.0 BETA #022

- Added Oversampling to plugins.
- Added the program's list with load/save fxp/fxb files.
- Fixed several things.
- Improved the UI/GUI.
- Added an option to hide/show the top menu. Click on options in the manager to set the default option (which is show the top menu).

Cheers, WilliamK

New Wusik X42 BETA

Apr 05 2019 - V1.0.0 BETA #024

- Fixed several UI/GUI problems.
- Improved the Oversampling code.
- Several internal fixes.

Cheers, WilliamK

Good news, Wusik X42 is not fully coded and just remains to be tested. :-)

Apr 06 2019 - V1.0.0 BETA #026

- Added MIDI Processors, fully functional.
- Improved the Auto-Reload code on plugin crash. Also, if you set it to not-auto-reload it will inform when the plugin crashed and you can click the GUI to reload the plugin right away.
- Fixed several internal problems.

Cheers, WilliamK

Hi William,
two things I noticed while testing the latest version:
- The plugin appears always Top-Most, when the host is minimzed or any other window is in front.
- It seems there is no briding for plugin-parameters at all?

Thanks. I just fixed the parameters problems. :dog:

As for the Top-Most. There is an option in the X42 Manager, click on Options. So it doesn't show always on top. Also, if you have any ideas on how I could handle windows better, please, let me know. :hug:

Apr 06 2019 - V1.0.0 BETA #028

- Added MIDI Processors, fully functional.
- Improved the Auto-Reload code on plugin crash. Also, if you set it to not-auto-reload it will inform when the plugin crashed and you can click the GUI to reload the plugin right away.
- Fixed Parameters Editing.
- Fixed several internal problems.

Cheers, WilliamK

Ok, parameters are now listed, but it seems to me that changes made to parameters in the plugin are not reported back to the host?

I didn't notice that option for disabling Top-Most, but this way it's nearly unusable for me. I don't know how they do it, but the built-in briding in Reaper allows embedding the plugin-window. Maybe you can have a look at that. When disabling embedding the plugin just uses a separate window.

Return to “Instruments”