One Synth Challenge #121: Any One Synth (Rellik Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... ge-121-any

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #121 and 10 year anniversary! OSC is a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

Pick any synth to your hearts desire. Some ideas: Try a synth you've been wanting to learn, but never got to it. Bought too many synths? Use one of those. Most importantly, have fun!

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
FXB Project, Soundemote, Ridan, JRR Shop (Uncle E) are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize).
Spotify: If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.

USD via Paypal : Anonymous: $100 (or about 87 Euro) prize to one lucky winner! Thank you anonymous person!

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Sonimus : Any one Plugin (This prize may be chosen no more than three times)

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik SQ200 and Wusik P2000

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Soundemote : PrettyScope (beautiful analog oscilloscope), you may choose this as a secondary prize on top of your regular prize.

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
Last edited by bjporter on Thu May 16, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Happy Birthday to OSC :band2: :band: :harp: :violin: :wheee: :party: :party: :party: :hyper:

Yay! Happy Birthday OSC! :tu: :tu: :tu:
It'll be my 60th entry in a row, since OSC #61, so happy 5th year to me too! :party: :hug: :tu:
dB

Bon anniv'!
I bet there are people here who have acquired so many synths throughout their lives, that it might take them the whole month just to decide which one to pick^^
i'm hesitating beetween two.

Hey, happy b'day OSC!

60 in a row is amazing, @doctorbob! One-year anniversary for me, more or less - I think my first was Feb. 2018.

This is brilliant - I know exactly what I'm going to do :)
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! That's awesome! :hyper: :party: :hyper:
I think, hmmm....how long have I been with y'all?....3 years, I think. :shrug:
Any one synth, hmmm... oh, yes, I know what I will do, too! I missed out on one of my favorites and might finally just go for it!

I like that we kept the fx rules in place for any synth. Going to have to make time for this month, got a few ideas from the idea bin kicking around. It is going to be very very tough to decide on which synth to use.

Edit : thinking realtor blocks
Last edited by generaldiomedes on Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last any synth challenge, I went with Synth1, then Sytrus for my actual entry. This time, I want to use Harmor, but I don't know how far I can take it before I end up cheating.
It's very tasty, I swear!

That is awesome! :D
Happy Birthday OSC :party: :tu: :love: :phones:

One little question: commercial plugins for delay, revebs etc. allowed too?
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

:party: :party: :party: :clap: :wheee: :clap: :party: :party: :party:

I think about a Sonic Pi piece. I'm not yet 100% clear about it...
Does Sonic Pi count as 1 synth? I mean it supports a number of sound generators. Check out the list here:
https://github.com/samaaron/sonic-pi/bl ... /synths.md
If I restrict the track to the "none sample based" ones. Would this be o.k?

Oh, even commercial synths? Huh, didn't even realize. But still, I know which one I want to give a go and it's a free one. 8)

I will probably use VECTO in demo mode. I want to pick up a purchase for myself. This competition will provide an opportunity to explore the synthesizer.
:phones:

Such a hard decision......

I see why last month wasn't Any Synth - we were waiting for the OSC anniversary!
This will be my 6th, so half a year. Best hobby ever!

I haven't made my mind up, I come under the category of owning too many synths.
While I'm making my mind up, I'll start with Zebra2/ZebraHZ :D

Return to “Instruments”