what synths are there that emulate oberheim synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the dave smith one sounds awesome but looking for a vst one :)
might go for the behringer hardware later.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

There will be one from Plugin Alliance that looks like it may be an Obie emulation of some sort. Not sure though... :shrug:

Besides the ones already mentioned by Wagtunes, you have:

disco DSP (2DAT) OB-Xd: https://www.discodsp.com/obxd/ (already mentioned by Teksonik)

Arturia Matrix-12 V: https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... v/overview
Last edited by fmr on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Examigan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:19 pm There will be one from Plugin Alliance that looks like it may be an Obie emulation of some sort. Not sure though... :shrug:
Interesting. Do you know who'll be writing the code ? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks I completely missed that thread. Seeing Brainworx doesn't give me a warm feeling though. That means it might be high priced (but the the PA discount will bring it back to where it should probably be priced. They just did that with Thorn).

But I've never tried the Brainworx plugins so maybe their SEM will be high quality..... :shrug:

The only one of theirs that I have is the bx_rooMS reverb which I really like. Hopefully the new synth is of that same quality.

Fingers crossed then. But seeing their reverb lists for $199 I wonder what their synth will cost ? :o

That’s what I was just thinking... :?

Maybe they will have an intro price?

Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:43 pm Thanks I completely missed that thread. Seeing Brainworx doesn't give me a warm feeling though. That means it might be high priced (but the the PA discount will bring it back to where it should probably be priced. They just did that with Thorn).

But I've never tried the Brainworx plugins so maybe their SEM will be high quality..... :shrug:
When it comes to emulating outboard gear , brainworx is on par with softube
The brainworx ''vertigo sound'' emulations are top notch .
I wouldn't be surprised if their synth emu's are equallly as good
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I have a hard time believing even Brainworx is going to be able to surpass the audio quality of OP-X II in any way that matters. But they will certainly make a UI that isn't clunky, and non-obvious, so there's that.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:04 pm When it comes to emulating outboard gear , brainworx is on par with softube
The brainworx ''vertigo sound'' emulations are top notch .
I wouldn't be surprised if their synth emu's are equallly as good
I've never been concerned with emulating outboard gear and the BX plugins always seemed way over priced so I've just given them a pass over the years. I think part of it is I've tried all the freebies that come with the PA account and didn't like any of them so I guess that tainted my view of the rest of their offerings (pre Thorn).

Here's hoping the BX Oberheim is high quality but I wonder why yet another SEM ? I would think there are other models that could be emulated but it is what it is........ :shrug:

Wasn’t Richard from Synapse going to create one at some point or was that a rumor?

Return to “Instruments”