Brainworx SEM Synthesizer??!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think it’s just a matter of playing the bx waiting game. They did the same thing with their consoles (N and E). They asked what I thought was too much at the onset (like, $150 Heavy Hitter price), and I think I saw them going for $39 earlier this week.

W23 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:25 pm I think it’s just a matter of playing the bx waiting game. They did the same thing with their consoles (N and E). They asked what I thought was too much at the onset (like, $150 Heavy Hitter price), and I think I saw them going for $39 earlier this week.
Yeah it is insane. I have a pick pack and pay roughly 80 per plugin. This is how we get rewarded!!
it is a bit sickeing to be honest. When my pick pack is up i am out of there.

But, purely on the merits, i really like this synth. it is addictive and fun (if a little simple)
Most synths i use nowo are on the complicated end, with this one you just dial it up in seconds. There is barely anything to it.

but yes as a company their practises have been frustrating. Proably amazing if yu aren't a pick packer or loyal customer - then you are getting a great deal. it is only the pick pack and heavy hitters that are getting screwed here. Paying thousands for plugins that are now worth 29 bucks just over a year later.
Oh well

$249...

... meaning $100 more than Arturia's SEM V.

Totally absurd.

Even if the quality were a bit better on the Brainworx emulation (which remains to confirm) than on the Arturia's one... I doubt that they sell a lot of copies.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:21 pm Also Xils has a really good Oberheim type synth (though completely different to SEM)...
Gnéé ?

Which one ?

Syn'X ? I would not say that Syn'X is an Oberheim type emulation. And yet I love it.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:13 pm $249...

Totally absurd.

Even if the quality were a bit better on the Brainworx emulation (which remains to confirm) than on the Arturia's one... I doubt that they sell a lot of copies.
Who the f**k pays full price for PA products?

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:51 pm
BlackWinny wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:13 pm $249...

Totally absurd.

Who the f**k pays full price for PA products?
Morons pay full price.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

i think a lot of synths are disgustingly overpriced including uhe etc , i mean there good ( arturia sem v is really good actually dunno about bx ) but i choose to get good deals second hand now like $25 -$30 for the same synth used im sure you get a lot more money coming in at this price , range maybe why waves and izotope always do these cheap deals , but then when they raise the price the impatient people with money to burn waste there money , i mean is this how you repay loyal customers ?
most funny thing lately was reason studios telling me i couldnt sell there product anymore , as they suspected i was selling for my own gain , how can you make a gain your never gonna sell over rrp are you ? who would buy it unless you buy cheap licences and sell them but at the current market prices you would pay for a second hand licence the profit wouldnt be there , silly people ,

so yeah look cool quality synths like this the uhe ones ,all synths should be no more than $80 in my opinion
i mean they do know if we choose not to take the moral high ground we could freely download them in seconds ?
also freeware is getting amazing these days
so come on stop pricing thesr things out of the reach of the basic punter 🙂 rant over

howtobecalm79 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:38 pm
i mean they do know if we choose not to take the moral high ground we could freely download them in seconds ?
what a total prick you are

you do realise, when ppl do that companies go bust! Ppl lose jobs!

quality goes out of the window and you are left with a bunch of half baked freebies by amateurs :roll:

AnX wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:54 pm

quality goes out of the window and you are left with a bunch of half baked freebies by amateurs :roll:
i dont download cracks im just saying and no theres plenty of great free synths that are as good as paid ones ,
what im saying is they dont need to sell things at high prices to keep there buissness afloat its called squeezing as much capital as they can put of people , because some people will pay for shiney toys
we all know lots of companies sit in board rooms thinking how they can squeeze another pound or dollar out of a customer , some big companies care about there customers keep prices low and deliver most sadly do not .
i only buy things second hand now from big names, i prefer to give my money to the better smaller companies like
frozenplain

https://frozenplain.com/

just bought phoniex and wraith from the young guy that runs that , both run in his own made sampler
but under $60 quality products
im also using donationware and freeware , i dont crack , so dont jump to conclusions mugface 🙂
i was just saying i could and because of the high prices a lot of people do
if the prices were lower they probably wouldnt after all everyone would rather the lastest version right ?

As I have said tons of times, the downside of technology is the entitlement it comes with.

I would be fine if you say you wouldn't buy software over $80, that is your choice, always.

But come on..... Developers have families, children to put thru college, food to eat etc, employees to pay.. I am going to bet that for you this is a hobby... For many this is their livelihood. They and not you, know how much time they have invested to develop and maintain a product.

Not all developers are hobbyist, living in their parents house, and coding in the attic.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:08 pm As I have said tons of times, the downside of technology is the entitlement it comes with.

I would be fine if you say you wouldn't buy software over $80, that is your choice, always.

But come on..... Developers have families, children to put thru college, food to eat etc, employees to pay.. I am going to bet that for you this is a hobby... For many this is their livelihood. They and not you, know how much time they have invested to develop and maintain a product.

Not all developers are hobbyist, living in their parents house, and coding in the attic.

rsp
If the Software enables me to work double as fast as before the extra 100$ spent are back in within 2 Days.

I have just spent "Billions" I could not have imagined before for really awesome FX that really changed my Workflow. The whole Game. I choose a Sound, set up the FX Chain and I´m done. I would even dump my (already RIPped) ASR10 against that Flavour. Unfinished was yesterday. bx_rulez!

howtobecalm79 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:02 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:54 pm

i dont download cracks im just saying and no theres plenty of great free synths that are as good as paid ones ,
what im saying is they dont need to sell things at high prices to keep there buissness afloat its called squeezing as much capital as they can put of people , because some people will pay for shiney toys
we all know lots of companies sit in board rooms thinking how they can squeeze another pound or dollar out of a customer , some big companies care about there customers keep prices low and deliver most sadly do not .
i only buy things second hand now from big names, i prefer to give my money to the better smaller companies like
frozenplain

https://frozenplain.com/

just bought phoniex and wraith from the young guy that runs that , both run in his own made sampler
but under $60 quality products
im also using donationware and freeware , i dont crack , so dont jump to conclusions mugface 🙂
i was just saying i could and because of the high prices a lot of people do
if the prices were lower they probably wouldnt after all everyone would rather the lastest version right ?

business not your strong point then...

i didnt think all of them are hobbyists living in the spare room because all those ones are cheap or free , you dont get rich by giving people good prices and having amazing customer service , oh wait amazon do ,
you guys are all moaning about how much it costs then when i say its too expensive you all jump on me , get your own opinions and stop going with the crowd on this ,
i have bought renoise , two frozen plain instruments and a second hand sem v this year , so if anything im giving money to the bedroom coders or spare timers more , and those people probably need it more
im pretty sure a lot of people running these software companies have a nice house ( and im not talking about tge people that work for them ) im
talking about the owners , people that work there aint getting a cut you fools are they , if i work for a gas company does it benefit me if the prices are high or low , no it just benefits the owner , so having lower prices wouldnt put people out of a job it would generate more sales and more work for the employees you cant tell me serum is worth that much , anyways im out peace

If something is too expensive, I just dont' buy it or wait for a sale. Or weigh how much it would help my workflow etc.
I come from the days of hardware when a Roland Synth would be $1600+, software is cheap, and so much more flexible.
And as a professional musician I respect or try to respect the value of other people's work especially those that are important in my workflow, that is me earning my own living.

I think you have no idea of how much money is made from music software. I have been testing software for decades and have gotten to know a few developers on a non professional level.
I speak from those experiences.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:13 pm If something is too expensive, I just dont' buy it or wait for a sale. Or weigh how much it would help my workflow etc.
I come from the days of hardware when A Roland Synth would be $1600+, software is cheap, and so much more flexible.
And as a professional musician I respect or try to respect the valuing of other people's work that are important in my workflow.

I think you have no idea of how much money is made from music software.
rsp
me too i wait for a sale dont buy it or get it second hand
your missing the point here
i dont really know how much money is made
but then i know some
people will buy a pair of socks for £1 and sell them for £2
making a pound a pair , some people will realise that they can sell the same socks for £5 a pair with a logo on it go figure !!! people pay
thats the cruel way of the world
ill leave you with that thought .

Return to “Instruments”