Brainworx SEM Synthesizer??!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pluginbug wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:31 pm :o
wagtunes wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:43 pm BX waltzes on in and thinks it can chareg whatever, having never done any synths before, never earned a reputation.
BX waltzes in with TMT & the room gets quiet :hyper:
I don't know where you got that quote from but I never said that.

Sorry you’re right, it was DavidCarlyon responding to your post. Sorry bout that.

Still, TMT on a synth (though I was hoping for a channel selector also, for some reason) will be interesting.

Who is using Arturia SEM V2?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:50 pm Who is using Arturia SEM V2?
I am

electro wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:50 pm Who is using Arturia SEM V2?
i am
and i like it

Guess what’s coming tomorrow? I just got the announcement with my $50 voucher. The Oberhausen looks like it comes with a couple of stompbox style bx (and maag) effects too. I think it’ll be pretty cool. I tried to add a screenshot here but, KVR says it’s too big, and I am frankly not competent enough with an iPhone to resize the image
Last edited by W23 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just check the other bx synth thread for a pic:

viewtopic.php?p=7366530#p7366530

It is finally coming! I really hope this turns out to be good. Their last few releases didn't quite seem up to their normal standard (just my opinion)
I really hope this is a good synth!

the arturia one is indeed very cool. Also Xils has a really good Oberheim type synth (though completely different to SEM) and also sonic projects has a really good Oberheim type synth

The thing that i find a bit odd with PA at the moment is their pricing. So called 'heavy hitters' will get an intro deal tomorrow, but then in a couple months time it will probably sell for 29 bucks.

truth is if it is any good i will probably get it anyway.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:21 pm
The thing that i find a bit odd with PA at the moment is their pricing. So called 'heavy hitters' will get an intro deal tomorrow, but then in a couple months time it will probably sell for 29 bucks.

It is an odd thing but, I’ve quit worrying about it. I have a feeling with the heavy hitter discount and my voucher, I’ll probably pay $50-75 for it (maybe more) only to see it drop to $29 in 6 months. It’s alright, I guess. Waves has done the same thing too. PA manages to get me to spend $30-50 per month. I like some of their plugs more than others but, they’re all pretty good

W23 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:51 pm
DavidCarlyon wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:21 pm

It is an odd thing but, I’ve quit worrying about it. I have a feeling with the heavy hitter discount and my voucher, I’ll probably pay $50-75 for it (maybe more) only to see it drop to $29 in 6 months. It’s alright, I guess. Waves has done the same thing too. PA manages to get me to spend $30-50 per month. I like some of their plugs more than others but, they’re all pretty good

yeah i think i am in the same boat. It is a shame, feels like they have lost a bit of credibility of late, but they do still make some great products - 2098 eq is brilliant. In fact, a number of their things are brilliant. but i know Rei (fuse labs) left the company, and he is one hell of a dev...so i don't know who is making the plugs now....
The last couple have been slammed on the forums. I found Iron to be ok, really didn't like Magnum.

We will see. I do hope this is a return to form for them, that would be great.

My perception and my take from talking to developers in the space is that the money is not flowing. They are all doing whatever they can top make a biz model pay enough to pay the mortgage...

Maybe plugins have become too much of a commodity/cheap.

I mean plugins at 29 dollars?
The biggest dumb ass in construction asks this for about half an hour of work.

Stefken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:29 am Maybe plugins have become too much of a commodity/cheap.

This makes it sound like everyone is making $58 an hour and this is simply false. Many people make much less than that.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:50 am
Stefken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:29 am Maybe plugins have become too much of a commodity/cheap.

This makes it sound like everyone is making $58 an hour and this is simply false. Many people make much less than that.
I didn't say that. I just said if you have new flooring done, these people work around 58 dollars an hour.
How long did it take to learn their job? If you see a guy like WilliamK live programming....
That takes a bit longer to learn. Plugins are not a commodity...

Stefken wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:44 am
ATS wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:50 am

I didn't say that. I just said if you have new flooring done, these people work around 58 dollars an hour.
How long did it take to learn their job? If you see a guy like WilliamK live programming....
That takes a bit longer to learn. Plugins are not a commodity...

Yeah I think I may of misread what you said.

But wouldn't you agree the market is somewhat flooded?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”