Brainworx SEM Synthesizer??!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It looks very much like Brainworx are about to release a clone of / synth inspired by the Oberheim SEM

I just got an email with my monthly voucher which also announced an upcoming line of virtual instruments. I could see a picture of Thorn by Dimitry Sches, along with an unfiltered audio syth (yessss) and a brainworx synth which had the same kind of oscillator modulation mixer as the SEM.
This is going to be interesting. it said the first release is tomorrow.

Dammit, with the U-He sale, Massive X on the horizon, waves doing a 50 percent off sale...It's hard to know where to go at the moment. Also there is that really interesting looking synth from Kiloheartz,
as well as a very very special synth i have been beta testing. This month is going to be insane for synth heads.

So many synths, so little time (and money). If it helps, Massive X’s release keeps getting pushed further out. The Waves sale will be back soon enough. You aren’t missing anything you won’t be able to get later in the year. Same with Kiloheartz. You missed the sale this month? No problem! Another sale in 60days. I’m hoping that Unfiltered Audio’s synth will be out before the end of the month. I just got my $50 voucher from PA, and I definitely don’t need another EQ or compressor. The U-he deal sounds the best, even though it’s still a lot of money. I own a lot of their synths already, and I don’t have a Maschine but, if I did, I would look very closely at the U-he stuff. They don’t discount too often, except under certain circumstances.

W23 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:15 pm So many synths, so little time (and money). If it helps, Massive X’s release keeps getting pushed further out. The Waves sale will be back soon enough. You aren’t missing anything you won’t be able to get later in the year. Same with Kiloheartz. You missed the sale this month? No problem! Another sale in 60days. I’m hoping that Unfiltered Audio’s synth will be out before the end of the month. I just got my $50 voucher from PA, and I definitely don’t need another EQ or compressor. The U-he deal sounds the best, even though it’s still a lot of money. I own a lot of their synths already, and I don’t have a Maschine but, if I did, I would look very closely at the U-he stuff. They don’t discount too often, except under certain circumstances.

Oh yeah, i forgot the sale was through native instruments. To be hinest, i have a maschine and komplete kontrol and that hadn't occured to me. If im honest i really don't use them as much as i should/used to
I find with the bitwig browser i have everyhting i need - and on the topic of U-he, their plugins come up specially in bitwig browser anyway, so you have super fast access to them above all others.

That said, NKS has the preset preview, which is genuinely really awesome...if you use presets. I make all my sounds from scratch, which is probably why i have never used it as much as i should.

Anyway, yeah im feelin you on the UA synth by the end of the month. Just got my voucher and there is nothing else i want (well, i do actually want chop shop, but i missed my 50 dollar intro deal and now i feel too bitter to pay any more for it) so i will be using mine for whatever synths come out, because lets face it, im getting them.

I am actually glad about massive being pushed back, we need a chance here!! There are so many analog synths coming out in the sub 400 bracket too!! Things seem to have gone crazy in the last year.

@TheLizard has stated that the UA synth won’t likely be released until the end of April.

Hopefully the current u-he sale has an influence on the PA synths pricing released this month. Gonna be hard to compete with Diva at its current price.

Yeah it most certainly will. But if people know the brainworx synth will go up in price at the end of the sale, they may well bite anyway.
I did also see thorn, so maybe they will roll that one out first, though that would be a crappy idea really....great synth n all, but its been out for ages haha.

I would actually welcome a decent sem. I was just about to pull the trigger on the Sonic Projects OP-X. But then the U-he sale came, now this.
I will say tho, last couple of brainworx releases have been flamed over at gearslutz. So we will see.

Most of the brainworx stuff is really good. I own a number of them, but I'm NOT high on their synth offering. It does sound low key not high quality to me, so I'm very interested in what the sound quality is on this. Brainworx doesn't offer up-scaling sound quality rates or anything like that. The eq's and compressors sound good tho.

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:31 am Most of the brainworx stuff is really good. I own a number of them, but I'm NOT high on their synth offering. It does sound low key not high quality to me, so I'm very interested in what the sound quality is on this. Brainworx doesn't offer up-scaling sound quality rates or anything like that. The eq's and compressors sound good tho.
have you heard it? ts not out yet?

This is very interesting to me. I hope it's an 8 voice. Brainworx a favorite when it comes to sound quality and clones

Dasheesh wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:31 am Most of the brainworx stuff is really good. I own a number of them, but I'm NOT high on their synth offering. It does sound low key not high quality to me, so I'm very interested in what the sound quality is on this. Brainworx doesn't offer up-scaling sound quality rates or anything like that. The eq's and compressors sound good tho.
They don't released synths yet...

DS Thorn is now up for sale on PA???

Yes rumors where right. Thorn is the first one, i'll have to wait for the rest...

Heavy hitter 99 😉

heavy hitter 99 for thorn? hasnt that been on sale for about 40 bucks?????

what they hell? they just grabbed an existing synth and doubled the price?????? am i tripping? that was NOT the launch i was hoping for.

DavidCarlyon wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:50 am what they hell? they just grabbed an existing synth and doubled the price?????? am i tripping? that was NOT the launch i was hoping for.
:lol:

Return to “Instruments”