U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:34 pm And also, less than two days left. Then life goes back to normal 8)
So, when's the next one? :lol:
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Kongru wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:02 pm
Urs wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:34 pm And also, less than two days left. Then life goes back to normal 8)
So, when's the next one? :lol:
:tu:

I'm not interested in buying any more new synths as I've really got everything I need and currently focused on upgrading my PC, but after 34 pages...I've seen nothing posted of what's been offered in a category listed way, for how much or where vie any links to it.. Can't find anything about it on UHE's website either..

It's just a really really weird thread...
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2019/

Gotta be quick though... only like 1 1/2 days to go.

chk071 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:28 pm https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ffer-2019/

Gotta be quick though... only like 1 1/2 days to go.
Thanks for the link...

But anyway I thought I'd download Diva, as I've never tried it before. First impressions from what I've played with it, were underwhelming from the patches I tried, some were passible, but generally I found the synth pretty lo-fi sounding, has that annoying glitching sound when changing patches, and being generally cold and generic despite being red in colour. Didn't like the GUI and the way some ugly knobs popped up and changed.

If anyone's on the fence about throwing down over £200 on this set, I really think you'd be better off buying Hive or even Reaktor which has so many great free ensembles similar to DIVA.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

diva's presets aren't spectacular but it's a very powerful creature, especially when you turn the quality to 'insane' mode.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:28 pm
First impressions from what I've played with it, were underwhelming from the patches I tried, some were passible, but generally I found the synth pretty lo-fi sounding, has that annoying glitching sound when changing patches, and being generally cold and generic despite being red in colour.
This is Diva?!! :o

Otherwise this is the best joke in 2019 so far :lol:

EnGee wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:05 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:28 pm
First impressions from what I've played with it, were underwhelming from the patches I tried, some were passible, but generally I found the synth pretty lo-fi sounding, has that annoying glitching sound when changing patches, and being generally cold and generic despite being red in colour.
This is Diva?!! :o

Otherwise this is the best joke in 2019 so far :lol:
Remember, some people hated The Beatles. There is always going to be somebody who thinks that something the general public thinks is great is not all that great.

Welcome to planet Earth.

I like a strong and own opinion. Can't say I agree though. Diva sounds as warm or cold as the synths it emulates IMO. :) It's not perfect, e.g. I really wished it has a full blown mod matrix, so, like many other synths, it's doing some things will, and others not so well. But, that's life.

Just tried it for the first time.
Can't really find fault with what's there, but I think it's a little over-hyped on this forum.

Sounds good, easy to navigate, enough options to keep someone exploring for a good while, and the presets I tried are a mixed bag as usual.

Like chk071 says, I would like to see a more fully formed mod matrix, and for me that would have to include release velocity.
If I didn't already have so many softsynths, I'd likely pick it up.

Well, I didn’t buy Diva to make cold or Lo-fi sounds! Sure it can do that but why I want to use it for that!?

Also the GUI is a pleasure to look at. What’s wrong with it?

This is not about a taste, it’s about a bitter feelings of jealousy :hihi:

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:25 pm I'm not interested in buying any more new synths as I've really got everything I need and currently focused on upgrading my PC, but after 34 pages...I've seen nothing posted of what's been offered in a category listed way, for how much or where vie any links to it.. Can't find anything about it on UHE's website either..

It's just a really really weird thread...
Hi, not sure what you mean by "whats been offered in a category listed way". The items included in the sale are on NI's web site. Two of their soft synths and 3 effects.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Listen to the factory presets alone doesn't give the full picture of a synth IMHO. I also never judge how good a synth is based on what I can do with it but based on what others can do with it. Even though I been using synths since the 80's I still don't know everything and especially when I get a new synth I never used before.

These presets for Diva are old but still sound very nice and by using Diva, some drum sounds and add FX it can sound like this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByUZ_utcG2w
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

What I hear in this teaser is enough to tell you that I will be totally satisfied with DIVA as a software synth, no matter if it's cold or warm. It's beautiful when you know how to write a good song/track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmSMU5B1k5g
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Really? It hurts my ears. It is quite harsh in the top-end, very digital sounding (and not in a good way). The bass is nice but when that lead bit kicked in I had to turn it down.
wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:44 amRemember, some people hated The Beatles. There is always going to be somebody who thinks that something the general public thinks is great is not all that great.
Yeah, something can not be to your liking but you don't have to say stupid things about it to justify your opinion. Seriously, to say Diva is "lo-fi sounding" just makes you (as in the person who says it) look stupid. The sound quality of Diva is on display in pretty much every preset, it's the presets themselves that I found disappointing. They seem to deliberately go for that vintage sound, which probably gives the inexperienced ear the impression of being lo-fi, whereas they are just dull, unimaginative patches. I had several issues with Diva that stopped me from buying it, sound quality was not any of them.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”