U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:56 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:37 am I like the sale, but it looks like some people are buying this deal only to make a profit by selling the plugins on the used marketplace. It’s stuff like this that makes me kind of appreciate iLok.
telecode wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 pm I personally haven't bought the U-he product as I am still debating if its something for me, but I hate iLok technology and implementing iLok would be a total turn off for me.
Maybe that clears it up. :)

It was just a mind game suggesting that u-he could implement iLok, not really that they would implement it.
Sorry, that's not the way I read it but I'm done with this. Sooooo not worth the aggravation.

I would say that I'm not overly impressed with the license delivery system, I would prefer
an actual user account. So much attention to detail over at uhe, the new system seems
a bit chintzy imho. Obviously the database is in place, I would prefer an interface to
it rather than a bulk email listing all my licenses. Not a huge deal, just sayin...

For the record, I didn't post that there is iLok used at all by U-he. I posted based on the previous post above mine, which I interpreted that , implementing iLok would be an option to prevent people get reselling items from the bundle individually and separate from the bundle.

My recommendation is to get NI to use one serial for all the items in the bundle, similar to how they manage Komplete bundles.

Sorry for confusion.

But the botton line, as one person stated, his wallet isn't made out of rubber. U-he isn't a fortune 500 company. They are doing this to generate sales and market share in the hopes of an influx of capital in order to better current product offerings and/or release future product offerings. Splitting out the bundle in order to make a few extra bucks totally defeats the initiative and *may* result in no more bundles in future *or* a new system in place to prevent reselling individual items from the bundle.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

This thread has a member mentioning you can get Twangstrom and colour copy cheap from JRR with their forum code.
viewtopic.php?p=7314946
:borg:

ATN69 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:03 pm Personally I wanted Twangström, Satin and Colour Copy since I didn't have those yet. I already had Presswerk, Diva and Repro since before. I quick calculation made me realize that the best deal would either be to find those I wanted in the second hand market, or buy the bunch and sell the duplicates. Those that finally showed up in second hand market was either gone in seconds or too expensive, so I finally bought the bunch. I will sell the duplicates at some point but not to make a profit, just to get a better deal for Twangström, Satin and Colour Copy :wink:
Exactly! This is the correct way :tu:

V0RT3X wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm This thread has a member mentioning you can get Twangstrom and colour copy cheap from JRR with their forum code.
viewtopic.php?p=7314946
That's not the bundle though, you can only buy the bundle from NI. Thats just the regular
JRR discount on the individual plugins. :shrug:

Well i bought color copy and twangstrom off a member here, but they wanted just the synths so it seemed alright.

If U-he didnt want to this i suppose they could have figured out a way to track the licences and have them assigned to a bundle, meaning if you wanted to sell one licence from the bundle you had to part with the whole thing.

At least that way it would kind of work if this is really just a one time sale.
:borg:

telecode wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:14 pmBut the botton line, as one person stated, his wallet isn't made out of rubber. U-he isn't a fortune 500 company. They are doing this to generate sales and market share in the hopes of an influx of capital in order to better current product offerings and/or release future product offerings. Splitting out the bundle in order to make a few extra bucks totally defeats the initiative and *may* result in no more bundles in future *or* a new system in place to prevent reselling individual items from the bundle.
That. Should we ever do this again, it'll be un-separable bundles, and a very strict "one per person" policy. Existing licenses can still be transferred of course, but not redeem codes from parts of a bundle.

Anyhow, no plans for further sales at this time anyway.

pekbro wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:25 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 pm This thread has a member mentioning you can get Twangstrom and colour copy cheap from JRR with their forum code.
viewtopic.php?p=7314946
That's not the bundle though, you can only buy the bundle from NI. Thats just the regular
I don't think you get what he's saying.

yehboy1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:36 pm
pekbro wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:25 pm
viewtopic.php?p=7314946
I don't think you get what he's saying.
Yeh, seems like I got a touch of the wrong idea from that other topic. :dog:
*Which is why its often a bad idea to go chasing off after strange topics. Just
like momma used to say...

viewtopic.php?p=7314946
no, hes claiming hes cheaper than jrr shop.

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:30 pmNobody said that.
wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:33 pmhe was implying that.
chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:48 pmAgain, nobody said that
vurt wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:51 pmi think he meant
wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:53 pmI didn't say he outright said it.
pekbro wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:10 pmI would say
telecode wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:14 pmI didn't post that
yehboy1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:36 pmI don't think you get what he's saying.
vurt wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pmno, hes claiming
:help:

Hearsay :phones:

Urs wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:07 pm
telecode wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:14 pmBut the botton line, as one person stated, his wallet isn't made out of rubber. U-he isn't a fortune 500 company. They are doing this to generate sales and market share in the hopes of an influx of capital in order to better current product offerings and/or release future product offerings. Splitting out the bundle in order to make a few extra bucks totally defeats the initiative and *may* result in no more bundles in future *or* a new system in place to prevent reselling individual items from the bundle.
That. Should we ever do this again, it'll be un-separable bundles, and a very strict "one per person" policy. Existing licenses can still be transferred of course, but not redeem codes from parts of a bundle.

Anyhow, no plans for further sales at this time anyway.
Why one earth did NI allow more than one to begin with? I mean you could literally add 5 to your cart.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

elassi wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:52 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:30 pmNobody said that.
wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:33 pmhe was implying that.
chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:48 pmAgain, nobody said that
vurt wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:51 pmi think he meant
wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:53 pmI didn't say he outright said it.
pekbro wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:10 pmI would say
telecode wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:14 pmI didn't post that
yehboy1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:36 pmI don't think you get what he's saying.
vurt wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pmno, hes claiming
:help:
The implied contradictions are self-evidently, cognitive only.
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Instruments”