U-he offer from Native instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:24 pm
telecode wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:37 am I like the sale, but it looks like some people are buying this deal only to make a profit by selling the plugins on the used marketplace. It’s stuff like this that makes me kind of appreciate iLok.
Well, that's not good and a total low life move. Like geez, there must be easier ways in life to make $10 than reselling via paypal for fauks sake!

I think NI should do something where the U-he bundle you buy is mapped to a single serial code that's tied to your account on NI's site, same as how their other bundled products are sold. I don't know what sort of complications are involved, but NI are a pretty big company with an army in their tech sales dept, they should be able to figure something out.

I personally haven't bought the U-he product as I am still debating if its something for me, but I hate iLok technology and implementing iLok would be a total turn off for me.
U-he does not use iLok.
Nobody said that.

So he used a conjunction to link two completely separate thoughts. Very confusing.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:30 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:24 pm
telecode wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:37 am I like the sale, but it looks like some people are buying this deal only to make a profit by selling the plugins on the used marketplace. It’s stuff like this that makes me kind of appreciate iLok.
Well, that's not good and a total low life move. Like geez, there must be easier ways in life to make $10 than reselling via paypal for fauks sake!

I think NI should do something where the U-he bundle you buy is mapped to a single serial code that's tied to your account on NI's site, same as how their other bundled products are sold. I don't know what sort of complications are involved, but NI are a pretty big company with an army in their tech sales dept, they should be able to figure something out.

I personally haven't bought the U-he product as I am still debating if its something for me, but I hate iLok technology and implementing iLok would be a total turn off for me.
U-he does not use iLok.
Nobody said that.
If you read his post it seems to me he was implying that. I mean then why bring up iLok at all? It's totally irrelevant to this conversation.

Im exhausted and havn’t slept for a few days so i ended up making a typo there with the ilok comment. I was actually replying to a friend via sms mentioning how easy it is to use ilok. I was editing something in my text and hit paste on my phone, pasting the wrong thing here on kvr. Anyhow I must have hit reply too fast before noticing what I put there :dog: :lol:

I shouldnt be trying to multi-task while sleep deprived
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:37 amI like the sale, but it looks like some people are buying this deal only to make a profit by selling the plugins on the used marketplace. It’s stuff like this that makes me kind of appreciate iLok.
Half guilty here. Bought Diva on the sale and then CoCo and TwangS from someone here who didn't liked them in the bundle. But that's only because the offer is between individual synths and whole bundle. If those effects were also available individually (or in "creative" sub-bundles), then I'd get them straight from NI.

So, from my point of view I paid for all 3 roughly 50% of their regular price tag, but NI/U-He got less because the FX in the bundle are discounted more.

That's pretty unfair, but my wallet isn't made out of rubber either :(

On the other hand I wouldn't have bought CoCo and TwangS at their full price at all, so at least that's a positive.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

V0RT3X wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:35 pm Im exhausted and havn’t slept for a few days so i ended up making a typo there with the ilok comment. I was actually replying to a friend via sms mentioning how easy it is to use ilok. I was editing something in my text and hit paste on my phone, pasting the wrong thing here on kvr. Anyhow I must have hit reply too fast before noticing what I put there :dog: :lol:

Except you're not the one who said he hates iLok right after commenting about U-he. One would think he was under the impression that U-he used iLok. I mean any normal person could infer that from the way his post was worded.

antic604 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:39 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:37 amI like the sale, but it looks like some people are buying this deal only to make a profit by selling the plugins on the used marketplace. It’s stuff like this that makes me kind of appreciate iLok.
Half guilty here. Bought Diva on the sale and then CoCo and TwangS from someone here who didn't liked them in the bundle. But that's only because the offer is between individual synths and whole bundle. If those effects were also available individually (or in "creative" sub-bundles), then I'd get them straight from NI.

So, from my point of view I paid for all 3 roughly 50% of their regular price tag, but NI/U-He got less because the FX in the bundle are discounted more.

That's pretty unfair, but my wallet isn't made out of rubber either :(

On the other hand I wouldn't have bought CoCo and TwangS at their full price at all, so at least that's a positive.
Nothing wrong with that, I just saw a sale in the B&S thread where it showed a member trying to sell the entire bundled serials individually. This is what i meant.

So they buy the bundle cheap, and then sell each code individually and make more money back.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:39 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:35 pm Im exhausted and havn’t slept for a few days so i ended up making a typo there with the ilok comment. I was actually replying to a friend via sms mentioning how easy it is to use ilok. I was editing something in my text and hit paste on my phone, pasting the wrong thing here on kvr. Anyhow I must have hit reply too fast before noticing what I put there :dog: :lol:

Except you're not the one who said he hates iLok right after commenting about U-he. One would think he was under the impression that U-he used iLok. I mean any normal person could infer that from the way his post was worded.
Maybe he’s sleep deprived as well lol

I see how thats confusing though.

Again, nobody said that u-he has iLok. Read again. :D
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antic604 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:39 pm Half guilty here. Bought Diva on the sale and then CoCo and TwangS from someone here who didn't liked them in the bundle. But that's only because the offer is between individual synths and whole bundle. If those effects were also available individually (or in "creative" sub-bundles), then I'd get them straight from NI.
Yeah, it didn't really make sense to throw the synths into the same bundle as the effects. It should have been the Repro + Diva discounts on their own, and then an effects/creative bundle.

I mean it's great value for those who didn't own anything from U-He before, but lots of people already have at least Diva, since it came out in 2012...

wagtunes wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:39 pm

i think he meant hed rather it was the way it is than everything going to ilok
even if it means some people will take advantage.
i tend to agree, im not happy about people using piracy, but forcing everyone down the same cp is not good for anyone.

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:48 pm Again, nobody said that u-he has iLok. Read again. :D
I didn't say he outright said it. I said it could be inferred that he was assuming that U-he used iLok by the way he worded his post.

Hey, even Urs thought that's what he meant.

Again, why bring up iLok into a conversation that has nothing to do with iLok?

telecode wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 pm I personally haven't bought the U-he product as I am still debating if its something for me, but I hate iLok technology and implementing iLok would be a total turn off for me.
Maybe that clears it up. :)

It was just a mind game suggesting that u-he could implement iLok, not really that they would implement it.

Yeah they use uLok, that is they're so good "u locked in" for life :D
Always Read the Manual!

Personally I wanted Twangström, Satin and Colour Copy since I didn't have those yet. I already had Presswerk, Diva and Repro since before. I quick calculation made me realize that the best deal would either be to find those I wanted in the second hand market, or buy the bunch and sell the duplicates. Those that finally showed up in second hand market was either gone in seconds or too expensive, so I finally bought the bunch. I will sell the duplicates at some point but not to make a profit, just to get a better deal for Twangström, Satin and Colour Copy :wink:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Return to “Instruments”