One Synth Challenge #120: SE PolyMod KX by KX77FREE (Voting Time!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks T. Will let you know when I have some new tings to share.

The lower reg needs a bit of work as you say. At worst I could split the notes off and apply a slightly different piano patch to upper and lower reg's. I've had to do that before.

dB

Dozens of times I wanted to do that and somehow never did. It's just somehow always so inconvenient to me. :oops: ... in fact, I thought about writing a VST that would be wholly revolved around key tracking to design exactly this sort of thing. One day I just might. 8)

Sounds interesting … the character of lower registers in many instruments (not just keys) is very different from the higher registers. Often due to the design of the instrument in the first place. Keys of course have different numbers of strings, with or without dampening etc! Overstrung or not? All these things lead to different colourations of the sound (technically speaking - ie waveforms working together - blah blah!)

dB

Anyone got stable consistent kick out of this synth?
It seems impossible:(

simanus wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:43 pm Anyone got stable consistent kick out of this synth?
It seems impossible:(
Mine is pretty stable. Make sure the KXMOD knob is at zero for starters. I also found that the noise osc can cause some inconsistencies if you use it for the attack, so you have to find the sweet spot. I ended up ring modding the noise to the body osc (sine) and blending that in instead of the noise osc itself...probably a round about way of dealing with it, though.
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

My kick is stable now as well, but it took me a couple of weeks to get there :)

Talking about the sweet spot - it was incredibly hard to find a good combo for the attack envelopes. Too slow - too inconsistent, too fast - too clicky. I use the EG1 for the knock and keep a bit of click that I tone down with eq to preserve some high-end definition that would be lost with a simple filter cutoff.

Here's the link to my entry if you're interested to hear how it sounds (the middle part), but it's basically easy listening, so it might not be relevant if you're going for a harder kind of kick: viewtopic.php?p=7305528#p7305528 (remember to refresh your browser if you've played my entry earlier. I've updated the file today; the original kick was pretty duff, and Soundcloud seem to have some trouble with cache settings)
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

I should probably thank Schiing for politely telling me my kick sucked, forcing me to spend an entire evening in kickville :D

Love you, man! :hug:

Haha, I meant to apologize for that! "Evening in Kickville" is also an excellent song title :-D
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

schiing wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:56 am Haha, I meant to apologize for that! "Evening in Kickville" is also an excellent song title :-D
Don't even! It needed the extra work and I'm happy with where it's at now. That's what this is all about!

My song title is more like "An Evening in Kickville with 2 Weeks in Note Dropouts, In Between Oscillator Knob States, Weird Timing Issues While Freezing Tracks Multiple Times and Using the Ones That Had the Least of the Aforementioned".

The KXMOD off is a key to a lot of things working better. Make sure the blue light is actually off - not always easy to turn the knob to the off position!

I need to get a decent set of toms done (for my tom rolls!), as well as a crash with a better tail - the envelopes are weird!

… and … as you can see from above, I need to tweak the MrT piano a bit to cover at least 2 instances of a split keyboard, to get the right sounds (and envelopes!!!) for the different areas of the keyboard.

So far, so good, within reason! :D

dB

Yo check this shit...
My first OSC track

https://soundcloud.com/user-253743970/p ... and-thongs

13 istances of SEPolyMod
Reaper 5
Tal Reverb 4 x2
OldSkoolVerb x1
ReaXcomp x1
JS Master Limiter x1
ReaComp x7
ReaEQ x13
TDR Kostelnikov x4
OTT x4
Blue Cats Gain x2
CamelCrusher x2
Wider x1
Bitter sweet v3 x1

Very cool, simanus! Way to introduce yourself... I mean, musically... nvm the "check this shit" :lol: ... :tu:

Lovin' the synthwave there, Simanus. Nice track.

Here's my entry. I really enjoyed this synth.

49 Instances of SE PolyMod. All patches from scratch.

FX: ReaEQ, Leveling Tool, Blue Arp, Bass Professor II, DJMFilter, JS Midi Note Filter, Dragonfly Reverb, TAL Reverb 4, NastyDLA, CamelCrusher, OTT, Pancake2, PTEq-X, Transpire, Wider, Unlimited

https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/ ... ne-osc-122
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Wow that bas sounds very real TheNeverScene ,track is awesome .

Return to “Instruments”