One Synth Challenge #120: SE PolyMod KX by KX77FREE (Voting Time!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... nge-120-se

Click here to Vote! (Open to all at KVR who entered or have 40+ posts)

Here's How Voting Works:
  1. 1. Login or Register here, but make sure to *Read the Rules for voting*
    2. Listen to all the amazing tracks of the month , and comment on Soundcloud
    3. All tracks are scored from 1 to 5, by dragging them over.
    4. **YOU MUST score ALL tracks by the end of the day on the 15th, and if you don't vote, you are disqualified**
    5. Tell us you voted here in a forum post
    6. If you have problems, let us know :)
    7. Most importantly... have fun!

**MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES** | See Contest Page for latest track Submissions, Info, FAQ & More

**Voting Tip / Life Hack**
You can zoom out on the voting page to see many more tracks. Also you can use the mouse scroll wheel while dragging, or keyboard page up/ page down, or cursor keys to easily navigate the page. This is all done from the browser. To zoom out easily, just hold down ctr+mouse wheel or cmd+mouse wheel, or cmd/ctr+minus/plus keys on the keyboard.

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #120! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

Something more traditional this month: a "Vintage polyphonic synthesizer to build analog 70's leads!". This month could produce one of the absolute hottest mix tapes of 2019. Comes in 32bit or x64bit, vst3 and vst2. Special Note: If you can only use VST2 or you're on Ableton Live windows, rename the extension of the .vst3 file to .dll. Read the Readme for more info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOjQLPYrJvQ

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
FXB Project, Soundemote, Ridan, JRR Shop (Uncle E) are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize).

Sptofiy! If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik SQ200 and Wusik P2000

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Sonimus : Any one Plugin

Tritik : Echorus (effect plugin)

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Soundemote : PrettyScope (beautiful analog oscilloscope), you may choose this as a secondary prize on top of your regular prize.

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
Last edited by bjporter on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Oh boy. I want to do this one (said so many times before). Can I borrow someones XY controller? Who volunteers to do the Berlin School track :lol:

You can count me in for this one.

This synth looks a bit obtuse, but usable. Unlike another synth that may or may not have recently been a part of the OSC. :P
Disco flangus shenanigans

Hi bj, this is synthedit, so for mac users: Buggy GUI, audiounit only, no Bitwig. FYI

I remember toying around with KX polymod in 2016, this might be similar I guess

Oh brother. I need a manual :P Getting the filter env to work like I expect is tricky for some reason. Are the filters in series? Is there a dedicated vca env?

phace wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:32 pm I remember toying around with KX polymod in 2016, this might be similar I guess
I think this is an updated version?
I can't get it to work on my PC and can only get the older kx polymod working, I say working, that's a loose description as some things are not working :)

Any, 1question, can I use the kx polymod or is it only SE polymod KX version this time round?

:help:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

When you say can't get it to work, what is the issue? Does it install but not show up in the DAW, or is it something else?

RichardSemper wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:08 pm When you say can't get it to work, what is the issue? Does it install but not show up in the DAW, or is it something else?
It requires vs 2015, which I cannot install, I have attempted in the past to figure out the reason but end up no where!.
Missing dl's
Not installed SP1 < becos I can't!

So, if the answers no, I can live with that, I'll go do something more/less boring instead :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

:( I hate those issues we sometimes get in windows, with the unsolvable problem - the unexplained refusal to install stuff, which you waste hours trying unsuccessfully to debug or work around, with windows fighting you every inch of the way :( I got a similar problem lately with some audio codecs totally refusing to install for no good reason - they work fine on another computer with same operating system and everything!

As for the old version - its only 32 bit, and has a horrible orange colour interface, but if you can put up with that its essentially the same synth i think. Sure its ok, i just hoped might be able to help. :tu:

RichardSemper wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:25 pm :( I hate those issues . Sure its ok, i just hoped might be able to help. :tu:
Thanks Richard,
My computer hasn't been near a internet connection since I got it some 14 yrs ago :)
I might try it on another setup, with my mighty sound blaster card :D

Works fine here, or as good as it seems to be able to, hehe. Funny one. Big adventure for my eyes, that's for sure and likely for motor-skills, too, unless I find some way to change settings for the dials?! Very strange stuff.
The last few synths had that ability to scale the GUI...we're spoiled! :lol:

Well, it sounds good, though. Bit limited polyphony, but I consider it an elevated mono instead. :shrug: :tu:
We shall see, if I'll do something with it.

Can anyone tell me what the V1 and V2 stands for in the Mod Matrix? I have been trying to figure out for the last 15 minutes.

Ok, so you can double click on numbers and set them manually sheesh. The Retrigger is On and the note is set to last, but I'm not getting another attack...

edit: nvm, was the filter env... another q,is the lfo super slow or is it me, and what is KXMOD?
Last edited by functionform on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

@Sirken Havent found it yet, but the color coded bars relative to the matrix indicate its somewhere in the vca section.

Knobs behave in a weird fashion with ableton live, probably compatibility issues.
Sometimes you have to do a circular gesture with the mouse to mimic turning a knob (for authenticity?) and a few moments later you dont have to, or halfway turning a knob it will jump back and forth. Its driving me nuts, when i turn a knob to the left it musn't turn to the right, right? :D
Frustrating rodeo because the synth seems powerfull and sounds pretty good.

I like the challenge of feature limitations and unusual architectures (noisetar <3), but fighting cluncky ui or registration on buggy website (mok) is not for me i guess.
Maybe i get the spirit of osc wrong; anyway it's a free synth and i'm ranting.
Good luck!

Return to “Instruments”