LAUNCH! VAST Dynamics - Vaporizer2 - Hybrid Wavetable Additive / Subtractive Synthesizer / Sampler / Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Energy The Transformation Vaporizer2

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:13 pm How long will that intro price last? I've kinda decided that I won't buy anymore vst synths but this seems like something I have to buy :lol:
Though I can't do that in this month.
No, worries. Will keep the price at least for 3-4 months.

Downloaded the Demo & Full version for test it. It not load in any host, then I read the specs from the page.

"VAPORIZER / VAPORIZER2 are available as Win32/x64 VST / VST3 and Mac OS X AU / VST / VST3 plugins. Both are compatible with most AU / VST hosts.
Any CPU that supports AVX (Intel or AMD), 1GB RAM, Windows 8/10 (32/64bit) and Mac OS X 10.10 or above, VSTi / AU compatible Host software (32bit and 64bit).
Please try the demo version (same download - full version is unlocked with a key file) first to verify that the plugin is compatible with your system configuration."

No Windows 7 support, sad.

The ' Energy ' Soundbank by Che for the ' Vast Dynamics - Vaporizer 2 ' Virtual Synthesizer

Hi ' Vast Dynamics - Vaporizer 2 ' Virtual Synthesizer Users, Music makers, Artists and Aliens.
Many thanks to the VAST Dynamics Team for this innovative hybrid Virtual Synthesizer.
The sound, the modulation possibilities and the operability are convincing.

The Energy Soundbank by Che for the Vast Dynamics - Vaporizer 2

• Inside the Download : 1 Soundset ' Energy ' with 150 Presets
• Genre: Dance - Trance - Electro - Modern Synth Music
• Style: Arps - Basses - Leads - Pads - Sequences
• Format & File Size : *. VVP / 479 MB
• For: Valporizer v2.1.4 or newer
• Presets Sound Design by: Che
• Info: Read me Letter (PDF)
• Release Date: March 2019
• Price: Free - Gift

Sonic Sirius - Synthesizer Soundsets
Freeware Soundsets for Software and Hardware Synthesizer
http://ohlenbostelhelge.magix.net/public/

Royalty Free Soundset License
All ' Sonic Sirius ' Freeware Soundsets they can be used commercially in
things like movies, games, and anything else you might need a cool
sound for. You may not however redistribute them for a profit.

INFO
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-en ... nic-sirius

FREE DOWNLOAD
http://ohlenbostelhelge.magix.net/public/misc.htm
Last edited by Future1313 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Future1313 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:36 am The Energy Soundbank by Che for the Vast Dynamics - Vaporizer 2
Awesomely epic! :clap: :phones:

Very nice sounding synth, definitely worth demoing. Purchased while the price is still low :)

This is the worst installation I EVER had from hundreds of vst I have installed:

- the standalone version (which at least IS installed) dont fit on the screen no matter which resolution I choose, that means the top 2 or three menue lines could just not be seen, so, just useless

- I dont even know IF the vst is installed (I have chosen vst 2 64 bit) cause it is in none of the pathes mentioned in the user manual (not in Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Vaporizer2 not in Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Vaporizer2)

This is just horrible, at least I have not come that far to try out which of my DAW it will instantly kill....

tatanka wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:43 am This is the worst installation I EVER had from hundreds of vst I have installed:

- the standalone version (which at least IS installed) dont fit on the screen no matter which resolution I choose, that means the top 2 or three menue lines could just not be seen, so, just useless
I can always see the top of the standalone version, nothing is cutoff for me like you mentioned.

For me, I was wondering why I can't drag it to a slightly different part of my monitor's display. Normally with a standalone like this, you can click on the top bar and drag it where you want. It seems to be locked at the top of my display and isn't letting me move it. Is that just how it is?

Also, I don't see a way to close out of it, like an X at the top-right.

Windows 10 64-bit here.

EDIT: I just noticed when I loaded it in my DAW, then it has a X at the top-right to close it, just not in the standalone. That's the DAW's window for the plugin adding that functionality though, just like with any other plugin.

For me, I was wondering why I can't drag it to a slightly different part of my monitor's display. Normally with a standalone like this, you can click on the top bar and drag it where you want. It seems to be locked at the top of my display and isn't letting me move it. Is that just how it is?
Yes, forgot to mention this, not draggable anywhere no matter which resolution I choose.

win 10 64 bit here too. I just uninstalled, this is just crap as it is now.

I just noticed something else.

After I closed out my DAW, then I reopened the standalone, then it had a bar along the top and an X at the top-right. Strange. :?

Also, when I click "Settings" at the top-right of the standalone, it just shows a choice of Windows Audio or Direct Sound. If I switch it to Direct Sound, then I can hear the audio, but shouldn't it also show ASIO there as a choice? That's what I normally use. I have a Focusrite 2i2.

The issues I found so far:
- When GUI is shrinked plugin doesn't remember it's size
- In Bitwig Studio -> when using computer keyboard I can play notes but when I click anything in the plugin GUI keyboard starts to play 2 octaves down. When going back to DAW it works normally - weird

tatanka wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:43 am - the standalone version (which at least IS installed) dont fit on the screen no matter which resolution I choose, that means the top 2 or three menue lines could just not be seen, so, just useless
Hi there,

sorry for the inconveniences. These kind of issues have not been reported so far and I cannot reproduce it here. Just to doublecheck - what kind of screen resolution do you use? Have you tried to click on the "VAST Dynamics" logo on the top left to change the plugin size?

BR Tobias

0degree wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:49 pm The issues I found so far:
- In Bitwig Studio -> when using computer keyboard I can play notes but when I click anything in the plugin GUI keyboard starts to play 2 octaves down. When going back to DAW it works normally - weird
Hello, do you use the VST3 version? You can use the buttons on the preset tabstrip to change the default plugin size and to store the current size to the settings.

And the midi keyboard octave issue should be fixed in the newest version 2.1.13.

Just to doublecheck - what kind of screen resolution do you use? Have you tried to click on the "VAST Dynamics" logo on the top left to change the plugin size?
- Win 10 64 bit, vst 2, 1920 x 1080 (recommended one), text, apps 150 % (old eyes :-) )
- could not sent you a screen for to see that no matter which resolution I choose in the logo you mention (70 %, 80 %) still the upper menues (I think the two topmost) are not to be seen cause I alredy uninstalled
- not possible to drag that window anywhere
- and the vst 2 is NOT anywhere it should be following the manual, so I could not even test IF it might run in any daw

vastdynamics wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:32 pm
0degree wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:49 pm The issues I found so far:
Hello, do you use the VST3 version? You can use the buttons on the preset tabstrip to change the default plugin size and to store the current size to the settings.

And the midi keyboard octave issue should be fixed in the newest version 2.1.13.
I use VST2 version. When I use the percentages all works fine and gets remembered. The issue only happens when I use resizing widget. Not a biggie to be honest
One small thing I've noticed is that UI takes a bit too long to load IMO

If I would give a marketing advice, I would redo that tutorial video's audio. Using a mediocre sounding reverb on a voice and lot of noise appears kind of non-professional TBH, since today you are used to super crisp mono placed voice, with proper compression, de-essing and background ducking. Not that I am a marketing expert... :lol:

Return to “Instruments”