LAUNCH! VAST Dynamics - Vaporizer2 - Hybrid Wavetable Additive / Subtractive Synthesizer / Sampler / Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Energy The Transformation Vaporizer2

Will there be other skins available at some point? It is ok the way it is, but just thought I’d ask. :)

Examigan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:17 pm Will there be other skins available at some point? It is ok the way it is, but just thought I’d ask. :)
Yes, it is planned to invest in different UI themes. I do not call it skins since Vaporizer2 uses a different GUI approach compared to other plugins. It has been the design goal right from the beginning to provide a freely scalable user interface without a fixed aspect ratio. Therefore the UI is actually "drawn" instead of having it pre-rendered photo-realistically based on Photoshop images. You might argue that this does not look like a hardware synth - but that's also not the intention.

functionform wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:02 pm A few other items from a semi-frequent oscer please!:
1. Max pitch modulation should be about 6 octaves (I think that's enough) This is for percussive emphasis and a huge part of attackiness. Right now its only like 13 semitones which is not nearly enough.
You can use the pitchmod parameter in the header section for that instead of the oscillator cents. This one allows you to go all the range down to 0 8)

I quickly tried to recreate the kick drum from the video you sent (see attached zip). Hope it's close enough :phones:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

no idea what avx is
internet no help
mid-2012 MacBook Pro
and
there's only one download for vaporiser 2
with only one installer in it

Dave

dave dove wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:25 pm no idea what avx is
internet no help
mid-2012 MacBook Pro
and
there's only one download for vaporiser 2
with only one installer in it
AVX is a CPU vector extension that helps parallelising for highest performance. It came first with Sandy-Bridge processors in 2012. So I assume that your machine does not support it. But that's not an issue. Just select "Customize" during installation and you will get the screen I have attached as image. Select one of the SSE versions and unselect the corresponding version on top of the list. Hope that helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- the standalone version (which at least IS installed) dont fit on the screen no matter which resolution I choose, that means the top 2 or three menue lines could just not be seen, so, just useless

- I dont even know IF the vst is installed (I have chosen vst 2 64 bit) cause it is in none of the pathes mentioned in the user manual (not in Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Vaporizer2 not in Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Vaporizer2)
- Standalone version worked now

- VST was installed where it should BUT:

- instantly crashes Mulab 8UL, Freestyle

The Problem (which is bad installation for me): you have not only to install as administrator but after installation you have to give the dll MANUALLY full rights, otherwise it crashes the daw when try to load

The Sound: no, sorry, there are so many far better sounding freeware synths out there, I have installed the additional presets to be sure but it just sounds thin, digital, weak, whatever. Apart from the freeones I have no payed synth (from 1 € to 100 € to let the big ones out) that sounds that weak. If there is a prize for the weakest synth sound.....I am sure someone could use it and if you are a synth freak you might tweak something out of it but I am really disappointed investigating time in trying to install. I really cant remember when I installed something (free or payed) that just gives me nothing soundwise. That may sound harsh and sorry for that but all the time why trying to install I thought after description there MUST be something in there, but I just could not find, not for me at least.

I think we need a quicker way to type in exact values?
An example of a problem it's giving me, is the env mod in the filter section. it defaults to +100, and at the opposite end is -100, so when i'm trying to reset it to 0, neither the mouse wheel or left click dragging is getting me close enough, so the only option is to right click and select "exact value" from that tiny little menu.
That gets a bit taxing after a while.
A Shift + Left Click would be great (or ALT, if you're planning on using shift for fine tune).

Also, the wavetable editor is a little bit awkward to work with:
Lets say i'm editing cycle number 4. Well there seems to be no easy way of hearing what cycle 4 actually sounds like, as the WTPOS control in the OSC doesn't actually let you know when you have selected the exact position you need, so you may think you're editing cycle 4, but when you copy cycle 4 into another OSC, it sounds a bit different.
This is actually becoming a really big issue for me.

Oh and i'm still hoping for the paste / replace cycle which i requested before, as that is what i would expect a paste to do.
At the moment, selecting a cycle and pasting just adds an extra cycle to the table, which seems illogical to me.

I know it probably sounds like i complain a lot, but i just want this to be one of my goto synths, as i know it certainly has the potential to be :tu:

_al_ wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:17 pm I think we need a quicker way to type in exact values?
An example of a problem it's giving me, is the env mod in the filter section. it defaults to +100, and at the opposite end is -100, so when i'm trying to reset it to 0, neither the mouse wheel or left click dragging is getting me close enough, so the only option is to right click and select "exact value" from that tiny little menu.
That gets a bit taxing after a while.
A Shift + Left Click would be great (or ALT, if you're planning on using shift for fine tune).
No sure if I got it. Here is what is available:
- Double click on a slider: restore default value
- Hold CTRL / STRG while dragging a slider: finetune
- Right mouse button and "type in value" from the context menu: enter exact value

_al_ wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:17 pm Oh and i'm still hoping for the paste / replace cycle which i requested before, as that is what i would expect a paste to do.
At the moment, selecting a cycle and pasting just adds an extra cycle to the table, which seems illogical to me.
Yes, I am working on this one.

tatanka wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:11 pm
The Sound: no, sorry, there are so many far better sounding freeware synths out there, I have installed the additional presets to be sure but it just sounds thin, digital, weak, whatever.
agree with this, said that before, sound is weak, thin, nothing like layered nexus or at least serum, it should provide proper sounds from beginning, think it was rushed to get profit from early testers, so many issues with crashing, unfinished soft i would say, feel like beta tester here. yes potential is there but its long run.

Have not heard it in the flesh so can't comment on what is anyway by definition a personal opinion. Even so some peoples "weak and thin" are others "clear and transparent." I find that many sounds that are impressive on their own do not work well in a mix-particularly a complex one. This is objectively a full featured synth at an impressively low price, with the potential to work in a wide range of compositions even if -like any other instrument-it is not for everyone. Will I be buying it? No, because I absolutely do not need another VST. But I do wish the company well.

Also, try the presets with the built-in reverb switched off.

Is there any plan to get MPE support? I know the synth is in the phase of phasing out early problems. But I would love to know if its considered for the future...
Most important feature for me, I will never go back to switches (called keyboard mostly)

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:50 am Is there any plan to get MPE support? I know the synth is in the phase of phasing out early problems. But I would love to know if its considered for the future...
Most important feature for me, I will never go back to switches (called keyboard mostly)
I have put it on the backlog list.

_al_ wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:17 pm Also, the wavetable editor is a little bit awkward to work with:
Lets say i'm editing cycle number 4. Well there seems to be no easy way of hearing what cycle 4 actually sounds like, as the WTPOS control in the OSC doesn't actually let you know when you have selected the exact position you need, so you may think you're editing cycle 4, but when you copy cycle 4 into another OSC, it sounds a bit different.
This is actually becoming a really big issue for me.

Oh and i'm still hoping for the paste / replace cycle which i requested before, as that is what i would expect a paste to do.
You might want to have a look at the newest version 2.2.1 that was just released. It adds several of the things that you had asked for:

Current version: 2.2.1 (Mar 24th 2019) - change log:
  • New feature: solo mode in wavetable editor to play only selected wavetable positions
  • New feature: freehand wavetable draw mode
  • New feature: slider display of selected range from default value
  • New feature: type in exact MSEG values
  • Corrected wavetable position copy and paste behavior (CTRL + v: replace with copied positions, CTRL + insert: insert copied positions)
  • Stability improvements
http://www.vast-dynamics.com/?q=downloads
https://www.facebook.com/vastdynamics/

the new presets are terrific, thank you, Future1313/Che! also, i like vaporizer very much and anticipate using it regularly.

Return to “Instruments”