LAUNCH! VAST Dynamics - Vaporizer2 - Hybrid Wavetable Additive / Subtractive Synthesizer / Sampler / Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Energy The Transformation Vaporizer2

We are very proud to launch our new synth today! The new kid on the block:
VAPORIZER2

Vaporizer2 is our flagship hybrid wavetable additive / subtractive VST/AU synthesizer / sampler workstation. The intention of this development is to create an alias-free versatile high-performance wavetable sound engine with low system CPU resource usage.

HIGHLIGHTS:
  • State-of the art wavetable engine with four independent alias-free wavetable oscillator banks with up to 24 oscillator unison.
  • Low system CPU resource usage - even with more than 1.000 oscillators playing.
  • Groundbreaking wavetable editor with a vast number of editing possibilities including frequency shift, smooth, clean, bend and bloat for single-cycles, parts of single-cycles or even whole wavetables.
  • Easy-to use wavetable draw mode with smooth Bezier curves and snap to grid function.
  • Mix-in, amplitude modulate, interpolate or normalize wavetable cycles.
  • Generate FM, PWM, harmonic morphed / reduced, low pass / high pass / band pass / comb / formant filtering and even hard sync wavetables out of an arbitrary single cycle waveform.
  • Morphing and phase shifting of wavetable cycles.
  • Import and change standard (Serum, Icarus) format wavetables - also simply via drag and drop.
  • Additive synthesis section that allows to freely edit all harmonics and phases in real-time.
  • Sampler section (wav / aiff / ogg / mp3) with loop points, loop start modulation and key tracking.
  • Resample samples to wavetables with pitch detection.
  • Intelligent polyphonic portamento / glissando (you need to hear it!).
  • Mono legato mode or polyphonic 4 / 16 voice modes.
  • Three effects busses including 4 x oversampling and mono cutoff to preserve a clean low end.
  • 10+ highly parameterizable effects including reverb, delay, chorus, flanger, bitcrush, eq, compressor, limiter, flanger, phaser, comb filter and more.
  • All effect times and durations can be synced to DAW.
  • State of the art filter section (30+ different types) with 4 x oversampled LPF (biquad, state variable and diode ladder implementations) plus high pass, all pass, band pass, notch, shelf, comb and scream filters - all with resonance.
  • Very steep filter curves for punchy basses.
  • Real-time filter response display.
  • Innovative audio routing system for all sound generators, filters and effect busses.
  • Five freely editable MSEG envelopes with loop function.
  • Five LFOs (per voice - means up to 80 LFOs in total) with smooth generation optimized for lowest frequencies with ramp and phase that can be set per voice or global - can be synced to the DAW.
  • Built-in arpeggiator that is freely editable and supports polyphonic modes and hold.
  • Three step sequencers that can be synced to the DAW.
  • All parameter knobs / sliders automatable.
  • Comes with a daily growing number of presets – free regular updates on the website.
  • Easy to use and intuitive user interface that is freely scalable and resizable even up to 4k and more with many drag and drop features.
  • Life-long free update policy.
  • Plus: the sound is stunning.
In case that you have a Vaporizer 1 license you can also use Vaporizer 2 with it. Just place the license file in the folder where your plugin is located.

Watch the launch video on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx0rVM2dRK0

Product page on KVR:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/vapori ... cs/details

Follow VAST Dynamics on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/vastdynamics/

Buy it here :wink:
http://www.vast-dynamics.com/?q=products

Hope you'll like it!
Last edited by vastdynamics on Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cool thanks :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Damn.. Seems interesting :tu:

Looks impressive, and at a great price too!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Hmm... you're making an awfully huge compromise with the way you've implemented the alias free wavetables. Yeah, they seem to be alias free but this means you are precomputing everything.. thus making it impossible to modulate any of the actually interesting parameters that manipulate the wavetables.

So yeah, I wouldn't call this holy grail at all.

Also, the demo is annoyingly short and makes demoing the synth a frustrating experience. Please consider adding at least 10 more minutes to the demo until it mutes itself.

I also got the whole thing to crash in reaper and some of the presets produce absolutely no sound at all in Reaper when the transport/play is running (the first few ARP presets for instance).

I can understand the price point and I think it's fair. The sound seems quite promising but in the end it's quite limited in what it's capable of doing due to the way you've implemented the wavetable stuff. This is definitely not in the category of Serum or Vengeance Sound Avenger. There are good reasons why those use a lot more CPU (especially Avenger where you can truly modulate almost anything).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

.. also the link to the user manual (the one made by the installer) doesn't work. Was trying to figure out what the difference between the Morph knob and the Wavetable position knobs are. At first glance they seem to be doing the exact same thing.

.. and those knobs seem to be smoothed a lot so you can't create audio rate LFO modulation of them as one might hope.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Interesting...

Hi bmanic,

thanks for looking at the plugin.
bmanic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:02 pm Hmm... you're making an awfully huge compromise with the way you've implemented the alias free wavetables. Yeah, they seem to be alias free but this means you are precomputing everything.. thus making it impossible to modulate any of the actually interesting parameters that manipulate the wavetables.

So yeah, I wouldn't call this holy grail at all.
That's a great point and one of the fundamental design decisions. Implementing real-time wavetable effects is not a big deal actually and I experimented with it a lot. But in the end it is almost always adding non-linearities and thus artifacts to the sound as the result is no longer bandlimited. Maybe I am too much a purist but I don't like the idea that a synth creates random noise in the high frequencies. Therefore I changed the whole idea to designing the right wavetable to use and Vaporizer2 offers a lot here, even to generate a full table. And I would recommend to compare the sound of e.g. real-time hardsync of other wavetable synths with a generated hardsync table in Vaporizer2 - I personally like it much more in Vaporizer2. And: in the end it is about sound and what you can do. I did not come across many things that you cannot do in that way.
bmanic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:02 pm Also, the demo is annoyingly short and makes demoing the synth a frustrating experience. Please consider adding at least 10 more minutes to the demo until it mutes itself.
Will consider that.
bmanic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:02 pm I also got the whole thing to crash in reaper and some of the presets produce absolutely no sound at all in Reaper when the transport/play is running (the first few ARP presets for instance).
That's not good. It was tested in Reaper though. Can you provide details on the crash? Thanks.
Last edited by vastdynamics on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

bmanic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:07 pm .. also the link to the user manual (the one made by the installer) doesn't work. Was trying to figure out what the difference between the Morph knob and the Wavetable position knobs are. At first glance they seem to be doing the exact same thing.

.. and those knobs seem to be smoothed a lot so you can't create audio rate LFO modulation of them as one might hope.
Yes, the documentation is not yet complete and published. The wavetable position knob defines the starting position of the wavetable - and it can be modulated of course. Morph defines if two adjacent wavetable positions are smoothly interpolated or switched almost without smoothing.

Synth looks very interesting but needs more modern design :)

Nice price for the feature set.

I don't think it's a good idea (not on Mac, anyway) to expect users to drag the tables and presets folders to the plugin folder. It would be better to use an installer and place presets etc.. in /Library/Application Support/Vast Dynamics/.

I worked out, after a while, how to choose an alternative location, but it's a better experience to let users have a one-click or one-drag install, in my opinion.

WOW WOW WOW
awesome features ! very nice sound !
for 39.90$ only ?! oO
incredible...

onerob wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:51 pm I don't think it's a good idea (not on Mac, anyway) to expect users to drag the tables and presets folders to the plugin folder. It would be better to use an installer and place presets etc.. in /Library/Application Support/Vast Dynamics/.
Yep, the Mac installer is on the top of the list. :)

Woa ! :o

This looks like a serious synth for a seriously good price. I'll be trying out the demo today. :tu:

EDIT: Tried the demo and there is something about the core sound I find lacking in comparison to what is already in my vsti folder. Can't really put my finger on it yet but maybe I'll spend more time with the demo and perhaps my opinion will change. I'll pass for now but will keep an eye on future development. I wish you great success with your project...... :tu:
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”