Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM [RELEASED 27-03-19]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

They said March. Still March right?

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:48 pm Just curious - those of you who are champing at the bit for 2.6, what are you most feverishly excited for? The Arp? Specific hardware integration? A bunch-o new patches? The D-50 stuff?

I've got an excuse, there's an MS20iC waiting for it.
Yes.

(Okay, that was just to try out the concept of understatement. But yes, all of the above. Well, actually I don't have any old hardware synths yet but some of the new patches for the newly included hardware support will be very useful, including the D-50 stuff, but I think, if I can recall correctly it was something like:

New Hardware Synth Profiles added in v2.6 include:
• Roland Juno-106
• Roland D-50/PG-1000
• Alesis Andromeda A6
• Behringer Deepmind
• Access Virus Indigo 1
• Access Virus Indigo 2
• Access Virus C
• Access Virus TI
• DSI/Sequential Pro 2
• DSI/Sequential Prophet 08
• DSI/Sequential Mopho
• Roland JP-8000
• Roland JP-8080
• Roland Gaia
• Roland JD-Xi
• Roland SH-201
• Nord Wave
• Nord Lead 3
• Nord Lead 4
• Nord Lead A1
• Nord Stage 3
• Moog One
• Moog Minitaur
• Korg MicroKorg
• Korg MicroKorg XL
• Korg Minilogue XD
• Korg MS-20i
• Korg MS-2000
• Novation MiniNova
• Yamaha Reface CS

( i had a juno 106 before - and I'm looking forward to trying the patches for the Andromeda, Nord Lead, etc., etc.)

As for adding chords into sequences in the arpeggiator page, I'm wondering if that will work for me. I still wish they would include controlled arp resetting (re-starting the arp cycle at different points than on a new note trigger or on the replay of the actual arp. It would be much cooler to let the user restart the arp patters when they so choose, so that the patterns could synchronize with the timing of the music, such as in a pattern of 8th notes, you could do a 3-note chord and reset the pattern wherever it makes sense for a song, such as a beat like 3+3+2 (reset for the 2). So if the chord you hold is a C chord, the notes would be C,E,G, [3] C,E,G [3] [the user places a reset command here], C, E, and back to the beginning of the arp pattern.

[Since the arp section in Omnisphere has the modes (Legato, Song Position, & Note) certain things are already possible with some careful MIDI note editing. You can't really do this playing live very well. For example if you set it to 'Note' and play a three note chord that repeats twice, and then quickly release all of the notes, and then jump them back down for two beats, you would almost be getting something like the 123, 123, 12 rhythmic 8 8ths pattern I was initially thinking of. The issue is that to pull this off live, at any moderate or fast tempos I first need to adjust the amplitude envelope so that the pattern is very (audibly) short so I have feedback and can tighten my rhythm (i.e. shorten the sustain and turn off the release). So if Omnisphere included the sequence-available "reset" feature it would be phenomenal for live playing (not to be confused with the reset button that starts the step pattern over - but instead a way to place a "reset" event at a point on the timeline that would not stop the sequencer steps, but only the arp behavior [that relies on the bucketing of notes] )

Maybe I'm asking for two much but I was spoiled by Mr. Kirnu Cream...
Last edited by moonchunk on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

exciting :D
Director of Operations at Black Octopus Sound : https://blackoctopus-sound.com/
Record Producer and Engineer at Multiplatinum Awarded Influx Studios (Bern/Berlin) : https://www.influx-studios.com/
:phones:

I just received an email from Spectrasonics about an upcoming synth festival called Synthplex from March 28-31. The newsletter said that they would be releasing Omni 2.6 at this event, so there's the answer to when the update is coming out.

well that is technically still in "March".
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

If a developer says March, just assume "last day in March if everything works great, and possibly later if something unexpectedly difficult pops up." And if it's early great! Between the new Cubase update with ARA, Valhalla Delay, and Omni 2.6, there's been a lot of [lets call it] "excitement" [trying not to use the word whining], about things not being released yet when the developer proposed deadline is yet to pass.

My MS20i is waiting...
Saxplayer, LogicUser, loves and makes Jazz/Chill/Latin/Filmmusic, House...

i knew it would be late march. it's such a pity cause my kettle is hissing a tune resembling a requiem of a worn out shoe. and my beans are starting to boil in the simmering heat with wheat and rye joining a chorus

(Hopefully) two more days? Any word?

The only word is that bird is a word.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Kinh wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:00 pm i knew it would be late march.
Very late March... 😉

mrsugmad wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:21 pm (Hopefully) two more days? Any word?
Read 5 posts above yours.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:34 pm
Read 5 posts above yours.
Read it. Any new update?

Kinh wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:00 pm i knew it would be late march. it's such a pity cause my kettle is hissing a tune resembling a requiem of a worn out shoe. and my beans are starting to boil in the simmering heat with wheat and rye joining a chorus
sample that

I think they said it would be released at Synthplex which is *googles* 28th-31st.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”