Omnisphere 2.6 announced at NAMM [RELEASED 27-03-19]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2 Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

Can't recall if this was discussed already in this thread. I'm on Mac OS Mojave, Omni UI is a bit laggy. Wrote to Spectra and they sent me a new build which solves the problem for me and I believe will be released soon.

Great stuff!

I have to say that this improvement to the arp is really a great upgrade. I appreciate how these guys keep adding functionality to this synth and don't charge their userbase for it. A lot of other companies would. If they could get a better MPE implementation added, I can't think of too many reasons it wouldn't be my go-to synth for just about everything.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

When Omnisphere says it has a hardware profile of a certain synth, does it only use samples from that hardware? For instance, if it is a Sub Phatty profile for integration does it only use the hardware Sub Phatty samples and/or wavetables?

BassMasterK wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:40 pm I have to say that this improvement to the arp is really a great upgrade. I appreciate how these guys keep adding functionality to this synth and don't charge their userbase for it. A lot of other companies would. If they could get a better MPE implementation added, I can't think of too many reasons it wouldn't be my go-to synth for just about everything.
Is it out then? My copy says I'm uptodate (on 2.5.1d)

It's not out yet. Maybe he's a beta tester?

Examigan wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:53 pm When Omnisphere says it has a hardware profile of a certain synth, does it only use samples from that hardware? For instance, if it is a Sub Phatty profile for integration does it only use the hardware Sub Phatty samples and/or wavetables?
I believe they use similar sounding waveforms, but not necessarily wavetables or samples. Example: I have a System-8, when using the hardware profile, it uses some Jupiter waveforms, and the JD supersaw, etc. Not waveforms from the hardware, but very Roland sounding waveforms. Makes it a different Synth ITB, but still kinda similar.

Got it, thanks!

Examigan wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:53 pm When Omnisphere says it has a hardware profile of a certain synth, does it only use samples from that hardware? For instance, if it is a Sub Phatty profile for integration does it only use the hardware Sub Phatty samples and/or wavetables?
It usually uses dsp waveforms modeled after the original, but sometimes sampled sources are used as well. Like with the VP-330 for example, it's a multi-sampled instrument.

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:13 pm Omnsiphere is just a ROMpler.
You have to be kidding.

Examigan wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:55 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:13 pm Omnsiphere is just a ROMpler.
You have to be kidding.
Yes, he/she was kidding... at the risk of killing a gag when it's explained, I think was a deliberate ref to my OP that someone will be along to say it. It make me laugh, but there are people out there that still say it seriously I've no doubt.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Hi. Just wondering from people who have experience, why is Omnisphere so much? Compared to Diva, does it offer.lots more functionality and better quality VST sounds?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:25 pm Hi. Just wondering from people who have experience, why is Omnisphere so much? Compared to Diva, does it offer.lots more functionality and better quality VST sounds?
Diva is emulation of many classic synths, no samples.
Omni has both emulation (DSP Waveforms) and Samples. Many patches have a layer of each. There are over 13K patches. Recent updates now allow for 4 layers, more hardware emulations (March will bring even more + a totally revamped ARP).

It depends on what you’re looking for. Both have excellent quality sound. Some of the best out there.

Omnisphere is the only synth you need.

jpga wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:26 am Omnisphere is the only synth you need.
no

Looking forward to 2.6. The new arp features will come to great use - and also really looking forward to control Omnisphere with my Virus TI.

Hopefully 2.6 will also fix the freezing/crash issues I've had with the current version.
(Flicking through presets will suddenly cause Omnisphere to freeze and result in the host crashing - both in Live 10 and Cubase 10)
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Return to “Instruments”