So korg gadget is coming to windows now (inlcuding KORG Module, iM1, iWAVESTATION, ARP ODYSSEi and iMono/Poly versions!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So how many are still missing?!
Strange sales model.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

12 more are missing: Recife, Zurich, Bilbao, AbuDhabi, Kamata, Vancouver, Lisbon, Stockholm, Darwin, Lexington, Milpitas, Montpellier.

SirKen wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:55 am https://www.korg.com/sg/news/2019/032202/

Seems they just added 6 of the missing gadgets to the Windows version.
Which is actually only the Korg Module, for which they created a gadget for each sound :-)

Still the M1 and Wavestation are missing and the main Gadget app, so what is the point in buying this?

Omkar wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:35 pm Is it just me?
I can`t decrypt why should I pay $149 for a PC upgrade and I do not know for what? :shrug:
I'm confused too - Are these essentially updated versions of the Korg Legacy plugins, with bigger GUIs and the same or better sound engines?

Or are they scaled down, touch friendly versions of the plugins? The promo images only show them loaded onto tablet-style devices...
Or something else?

I notice they are referred to by city names for some reason, while the KLC plugins are named after the actual hardware they emulate.

It's true that the GUI's of the KLC plugins are way too small, but I wouldn't/shouldn't pay $150+ to get a bigger GUI... I'd just keep squinting and using the old ones in that case.
Last edited by AdvancedFollower on Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moss wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:25 am
SirKen wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:55 am https://www.korg.com/sg/news/2019/032202/

Seems they just added 6 of the missing gadgets to the Windows version.
Which is actually only the Korg Module, for which they created a gadget for each sound :-)

Still the M1 and Wavestation are missing and the main Gadget app, so what is the point in buying this?
My understanding is that those are still coming. The other missing plugins seem to be mostly related to sample loading/slicing functions.

I also wonder if the preset exchange between full plugins from Legacy Collection and the Gadget versions will be there for Windows as well.
Last edited by SirKen on Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I am still trying to decide if I should get this for my touchscreen Windows laptop or upgrade my historic iPad to a newer model.

Without sounding too much like a jerk...
Why would somebody on Mac Pay 299$ (Or since its on sale at the moment lets say 199$) when you can get Logic, and FL for LESS or the SAME PRICE...

Is it just me? I mean Gadget is a fun little Sequencer but it's not really something I think is worth THAT much money...

To relate to the Windows topic itself... 150$ is also too much. Especially if they all are not there.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Its $150 USD for all below. Full list at bottom of page. So basically is Korg Gadget with all the gadgets included. I can't comment how well it works on Windows or Mac, but I do use it on iOS and its pretty much the only decent Music app that gets everything done on a touchscreen type interface.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/softwa ... ection.php
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

I'm confused if the gagdets like lexington (which are the same engines as the legacy synths) actually have the full functionality of the legacy synths, or not. The GUIs look cut down but maybe there are multiple pages? That shouldn't be necessary for these plugins. And yeah I don't think owners of the legacy plugins should have to pay the new price for gagdets that are the same synths. HAve they not offered an upgrade or anything?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:54 pm I'm confused if the gagdets like lexington (which are the same engines as the legacy synths) actually have the full functionality of the legacy synths, or not. The GUIs look cut down but maybe there are multiple pages? That shouldn't be necessary for these plugins
It's a mixed bag. EG Lexington has pages for VCO, VCF, and effects, So the basic synth is there, minus the sequencer. But IIRC Wavestation was missing some edit functions (when I checked a while back). So you shouldn't expect them to replace the Korg Collection versions atm, though what's there is maybe enough for those who don't go beyond presets and basic tweaks.

The GUI restrictions are likely so it can fit the UI on mobile devices. You're right that it's not necessary on the desktop and is a disadvantage, but they probably wanted to keep feature parity between them. Still, an extended "desktop only" GUI option would be nice (and required if the ultimate goal is to go the gadget route over standalone options)

Some of the modules appear to be based around Korg's work on the King Korg. For example, Phoenix is obviously an Oberheim emulation, so there's a bit more here than some people seem to be aware of. That said the main frustration is that, whilst they sound great, the synths are fairly basic affairs overall. (So close, and yet, so far.. )
I don't think owners of the legacy plugins should have to pay the new price for gagdets that are the same synths. HAve they not offered an upgrade or anything?
No. If you purchase the stand-alone Legacy Collection apps, on iOS, it doesn't make you purchase them again for Gadget. So it would be nice (and more consistent) of Korg to show the same consideration for desktop users of the Korg Collection. IE Offer an upgrade path to Gadget for those who already own the Korg Collection bundle.

The pricing structure is different on iOS. Gadget 2 is $19.99, but only includes 19 gadgets. This seems much cheaper until you add all the "missing" modules the Mac/PC version includes. iM1 (Darwin), iMono/Poly (Montpellier), ARP ODYSSEi (Lexington), and iWavestation (Milpitas) are now $30 each. iPolysix (Pompei) and iMS20 (memphis) are $15 each. Korg Module is $39.99 - (Required for Salzburg, Montreal, Alexandria, Firenze, and Glasgow)

If you're still following along, so far we're at $210. Now we get to the other in-app purchases. Bilbao and Abu Dhabi are $7 each. The rest are $10 each (Gladstone, Madrid, Kamata, Vancouver, Lisbon, Stockholm, DeeMax).

So the same collection of plugins currently costs $294 on iOS(!) Even though the buy in price is a lot lower, and you can pick and choose better on iOS, Korg ultimately seem to be going for overall pricing parity between desktop and mobile.

Korg Module offers a further $200 worth of content addons (like "best of Triton" and a 2GB mobile version of Synthogy Ivory), and there's a bunch of other stuff (Electribes etc) which is still exclusive to iOS too.

As far as the KLC varieties go. I''ve had more than my fair share of fun with them over the years. So It would need to be something amazing for me to buy into Gadget 2. I've gone through every video about The Gadget 2 collection and... I"m not impressed. Which is odd for me as I'm a huge fan of Korg hardware. I'd rather plunk down hard earned cash on Krome2 or Kronos or Kross
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Has anyone used the Korg Gadgets on a windows surface or touch device? Do they work nicely (multi-touch, no delay etc.)? The Korg Triton is great with touch, but the updated legacy plugin GUIs are crap on touch.

IS there a demo? Haven't found one yet.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:44 pm Has anyone used the Korg Gadgets on a windows surface or touch device? Do they work nicely (multi-touch, no delay etc.)? The Korg Triton is great with touch, but the updated legacy plugin GUIs are crap on touch.

IS there a demo? Haven't found one yet.
I have Korg Gadget for Mac, and at least on the mac, the VST versions of the plugins are not resizable. That's OK for things with a reasonably large GUI and mostly readable fonts like the M1 (Darwin), but it's really annoying with the tiny fonts of the MS20 (Memphis). Considering that, I don't expect them to be all too touch friendly.

And in all honesty, these two (M1, MS20) are the only synths of the package that I actually use. Many of the gadgets really are rather limited one-trick ponies, or samplers / drum racks, and then there's the Odyssey (Lexington) or the Wavestation (Milpitas) where I feel like investing my time into learning the user interface and signal routing for these would be wasted when I could spend that time getting better with one of the monster soft synths (Serum, Phase Plant, Pigments) that I'm using much more often instead.

Also, why did they have to invent new names?? I love Korg! I had a Korg i4s for years! And many of their synths are legendary. Why are they hiding their heritage behind made-up names?

But, on the other hand, I installed the mini DAW thingy on my 10yo's mac. While it's very limiting for somebody who tries to know what they're doing like me, its rigid structure is great for somebody who's just starting out with making music.

Return to “Instruments”