kiloHearts' Phaseplant modular synth - out Spring '19

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mrj1nx wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:45 pm Ok so quick scenarios
I mean I wouldn't mind if the synth was say 299€, all FXs included however you can't use them outside of Phase Plant. That would make sense to do things that way for me.

That would probably piss off all existing owners that bought the bundle.

On the other hand, something that could be a pretty nice solution is to offer existing owners a pretty nice discount for the synth. Something like the fabfilter model would help quite a bit. (The more you own, the more discount you get up to a point)

The possibilities seem cool but it looks so tedious to use if you have to scroll all the time when you have a couple of things inserted into the main panel.

I don't know if anyone caught this clip yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRiZ2DqO_nk

I gotta admit, I'm warming up quite a bit to this one. I still have an issue with buying the snapins separately, but If I could have the complete setup within a reasonable price then... This looks pretty friggin nice. :clap:

^it's looking right nice. I especially like how the complexity is scalable. Despite it being a powerhouse, simple patches will always be tidy and easy to follow.
Always Read the Manual!

30 oscillators and 64 Env/LFOs... uh imagine the insane FM patches you can create with that synth for example...

This isn't out yet, right? I went to the site and all I saw was a form to be notified.

Correct. Considering it's almost summer I'm starting to wonder if it's really coming out in spring.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

The obvious comparison is too MSF which actually comes with MXXX, which in themselves are way more complex effects than Kilohearts snapins, who I'm a big fan of actually.

I see this more as a modern modular Sytrus or FM-8. Instead of a fixed grid you can instantiate a whole bunch of sound sources and filters and PM/FM/AM them however you want. The snap-ins are just a nice bonus.

Edit: Although to really replace either of those synths you'd need MSEGs. Hopefully they add some at some point.

Greenstorm33 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:27 pm Correct. Considering it's almost summer I'm starting to wonder if it's really coming out in spring.
he says "in the next 4 weeks or something" in the video above :oops:

Niowiad wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:18 pm
Greenstorm33 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:27 pm Correct. Considering it's almost summer I'm starting to wonder if it's really coming out in spring.
he says "in the next 4 weeks or something" in the video above :oops:
Ah, nice! Something to look forward to.

this synth looks and sounds great. im def. interested.

shame about that name though.

ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:08 am this synth looks and sounds great. im def. interested.

shame about that name though.

When synth has such a name you wount be able to make nice music, so i suppose you will have skip it..

Really insane, def gonna buy it.

Return to “Instruments”