SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Burillo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:52 am i don't think you should expect quality of samples in ST4 to be on par with halfway-decent Kontakt/UVI libraries in terms of authenticity and being able to emulate actual human performance. the scripting ability of SampleTank engine is just not there to handle it.

that said, they do sound good IMO. think of it like this: if you're doing music for a mobile game, chances are no one is going to pay attention - as long as it doesn't sound like outright shit, you're OK to use them. SampleTank sounds, to me, are like that - they're great for demos and for creating sounds that sound great but have no requirement to fool people into thinking they weren't samples.
As far as expectations, one should expect that these are at a much higher quality than you mention. I know the product isn't released yet so it is speculation so I understand how you might be skeptical but we did SO much both under the hood of SampleTank 4 and with the sampling of these sounds by our Italian team (plus the extremely talented Erik Norlander) with such meticulous care that you'll definitely want to use them for more than just demos or similar use cases you mention. They sound incredible, the piano demos are an exemplary example of that, you can hear them here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... hp?p=media

This one is the first one and sounds great but there are more modern styles and such that follow and are also great: 01 - Classical Intro C Grand close mics - by Luca Zabbini

BERFAB wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:43 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:32 pm
GoldieK wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:16 pm Peter,

Will this new version still import the older libraries like Sonik Synth and Mellotron? Are the new sounds from existing libraries not before included, or actually brand new instruments and sounds created for this software? And lastly, will the irig keys (not the I/O versions) come with a version of ST4SE after it is released, or still only qualify for ST3SE? Wonderful to see this, looks great!
Thanks, glad you are looking forward to it!

If you had already converted these pre-ST3 libraries with ST3, yes you’ll find converted instruments from these libraries on SampleTank 4. You’ll find these instruments already as you will be able to add ST3 as an additional library path (yes you will also be able to specify multiple library paths).

At this time there will be no change with what comes with iRig Keys products, but I will pass along the suggestion.
I have Sonik Synth and ST3. With my last PC upgrade, I didn't install Sonik Synth, so I didn't do a conversion into ST3. If I would like to get Sonik Synth into Sampletank 4, is there a way to install and convert it directly, or do I first have to convert it in ST3?
You would need to have converted it and have it in your ST3 library as an imported instrument.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:13 pm Is there an option to update just the plugin from ST 3 to 4 without any additional sample content ? I don't see such an update offer in my Account.

Has the ability to bypass certain midi controllers per layer been added ? E.G. the ability to bypass the Sustain pedal on a Strings Layer while still allowing Sustain to work on a Piano Layer etc ?
SampleTank 4 SE would be the best option for that.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:22 pm ........

This one is the first one and sounds great but there are more modern styles and such that follow and are also great: 01 - Classical Intro C Grand close mics - by Luca Zabbini
Sound really is personal taste.

rsp
sound sculptist

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:29 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:13 pm Is there an option to update just the plugin from ST 3 to 4 without any additional sample content ? I don't see such an update offer in my Account.

Has the ability to bypass certain midi controllers per layer been added ? E.G. the ability to bypass the Sustain pedal on a Strings Layer while still allowing Sustain to work on a Piano Layer etc ?
There is no offer for ST 4 SE in the Crossgrade/Upgrade section of my account.

Can you ask someone who knows about my second question ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I really wish there was a better upgrade option for previous owners of ST or a ton of other products. People have been asking this for years but it seems like old customers get lumped into the same boat as someone who bought two Syntroniks three months ago.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Did the option show in the link I posted for SE? I've already forwarded your question.

Edit - heard back already, apparently this was up for discussion to add in and it is apparently not a hard one so I'm told I can say yes to that functionality. Good news!
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dandezebra wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:42 pm I really wish there was a better upgrade option for previous owners of ST or a ton of other products. People have been asking this for years but it seems like old customers get lumped into the same boat as someone who bought two Syntroniks three months ago.
It would need to be a single 99.99+ purchase. The pricing for upgrade for existing SampleTank 3 users and 99.99+ qualifiers is the lowest we'd be going. You're not being denied a better price, we merely extended the upgrade/crossgrade pricing to another group of users as well.

Is London Grooves included in MAX or any other bundle?
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:43 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Did the option show in the link I posted for SE? I've already forwarded your question.

Edit - heard back already, apparently this was up for discussion to add in and it is apparently not a hard one so I'm told I can say yes to that functionality. Good news!
The price for SE is the same in the link you gave as it is on:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/

The Upgrade offer to ST 4 is in my Account with a price reduction but I don't see the option for SE.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:43 pmEdit - heard back already, apparently this was up for discussion to add in and it is apparently not a hard one so I'm told I can say yes to that functionality. Good news!
Yes it would be good news but......July 2017 IK Forums:
Teksonik wrote: The Ability to Bypass certain Controllers for the Layers.
So you'll forgive me if I don't get my hopes up too much if it hasn't been added yet. :shrug:

Oh well I'll follow the ST 4 news and we'll see what happens. Don't really need any new sample content but an updated and upgraded synth engine would be welcome.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

@Teksonik - IK Support can look directly at your account and figure it out at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you do end up interested.

it's the same here. I can see Upgrades for ST4 and ST4 MAX but not for ST4 SE.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Sorry for the confusion, SampleTank 4 SE's lowest price is the $/€99.99 pricing. You can use JamPoints to save an up to 30% additionally.

Will ST4 SE use the new browser function with existing ST3 libraries?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:40 pm
Will ST4 SE use the new browser function with existing ST3 libraries?
The functionality in SE will be the same as the other ST4 versions so yes.

Return to “Instruments”