SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Nice to see an update, i noticed that string ensamble called "action sequence" is put under Brass where it should be under Strings.

Burillo wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:51 pm no crash fixes? those still happen...
Crashes are very individual -- Reply to your Support Ticket saying that they still occur in v4.0.5 and ask for a progress update.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

The effects (racks) in the mixer section open, but are not closing - until a reboot of ST4 for me. Yes, the new updates. :?

Would it really be that much trouble to have had some IK effects presets present in the dropdown menus either?

The effects rack opens and closes fine here on ST4.0.5.

I agree on the effects presets comment. It appears to be either a glaring omission, or a missed opportunity. IK essentially borrowed the new effects rack style from Syntronik for this version of ST. Syntronik is lacking factory FX presets as well, other than the settings already dialed in for that instrument patch. It would be nice to have some alternate settings available without having to create them from scratch.

On the upside, IK does allow the user to make effects edits and save any presets that they created for recall in any instrument.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Thanks for confirming it is working there, zzzOOm. I just have to figure out one more issue then...

I tried reinstalling the update, and got the same problem :( .

I slide open any effect in the mixer, it stays open. No matter what preset or multi, and how many times you switch them (patches/presets/multis/instruments), the same exact fx slots stay right there open - until I reboot ST4 and start again.

This shouldn't surprise me, given all the issues I have had to deal with in ST4/ST3/MP2. I had a good month of use after finally curing all the issues in it, probably should have left it where it was.

I even uninstalled the ST3 and MP2 base programs a few weeks back - to make it all easier to deal with.

So, I have uninstalled 4.0.5, and re-installed 4.0.4.

The issue I had noted in the posts above^ (the mixer section's FX editor/GUI/window(s) that were not sliding back closed) is working normal in 4.0.4.

I am going to try uninstalling 4.0.4, and re-installing 4.0.5 (3rd time) to see if this will somehow now work.

I have opened a ticket, but we all know how long that can take, and it is a crapshoot for an answer many times anyhow.

Several people have issues with repeating notes on the newest version:
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php? ... ot-a-deal/

I couldn't reproduce it myself, anyone else?

Apearently this update messed up ability to have custom Library location (but not all? synths, some of electric pianos do work...). This is so frustrating, cannot load ST4 library guitars, pianos (even tho they are in a location that error shows up). Stupid update, sorry not sorry.

mixtur.se wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:25 pm Several people have issues with repeating notes on the newest version:
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php? ... ot-a-deal/

I couldn't reproduce it myself, anyone else?
For anyone with this reported "MIDI repeating issue", I would urge you to reach out to support to give them all of your information. While I do see a posted issue in regards to VERY short MIDI Note On messages being skipped over in some DAWs. This was only for notes below 1/64 values, and only for some DAW users so many of you will never see this behavior.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Just a note to all. Any issues with our products should be reported to support for the best action. Once a support ticket is open, feel free to let me know in a PM.
Elektronisch wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:02 pm Apearently this update messed up ability to have custom Library location (but not all? synths, some of electric pianos do work...). This is so frustrating, cannot load ST4 library guitars, pianos (even tho they are in a location that error shows up). Stupid update, sorry not sorry.
This update should not affect your library locations in anyway. I would check with support on what's going on here. Make sure in the meantime you've gotten not only your SampleTank 4.0.5 update, but also the Sound Content Updater 1.4 as well.
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

This update should not affect your library locations in anyway. I would check with support on what's going on here. Make sure in the meantime you've gotten not only your SampleTank 4.0.5 update, but also the Sound Content Updater 1.4 as well.
I had installed the content update and locations arent affected, but some of the instrument locations for some reason are imprinted and ST4 doesnt load custom ones like this Black LP guitar.

Original location is here C:\Users\Ramunas\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4\Instruments\SampleTank 4\Guitars\Electric\Black LP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:54 pm I had installed the content update and locations arent affected, but some of the instrument locations for some reason are imprinted and ST4 doesnt load custom ones like this Black LP guitar.

Original location is here C:\Users\Ramunas\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4\Instruments\SampleTank 4\Guitars\Electric\Black LP
From your error message, the SampleTank 4 program is looking in the wrong spot for your sound. Notice the error shows it is looking under the SampleTank 3 folder. Please reach out to support when you can. While I can't say why this happened, they can get you working.

As always, send me the ticket number in a PM once opened.

In the meantime, you can try removing and re-adding your sound content paths to SampleTank 4. This will cause the instrument database to rebuild and ensure everything is looking where it should be.

The FAQ below should help explain the folder structure of SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 to clarify.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1239
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Ryan_IK wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:20 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:54 pm I had installed the content update and locations arent affected, but some of the instrument locations for some reason are imprinted and ST4 doesnt load custom ones like this Black LP guitar.

From your error message, the SampleTank 4 program is looking in the wrong spot for your sound. Notice the error shows it is looking under the SampleTank 3 folder. Please reach out to support when you can. While I can't say why this happened, they can get you working.

As always, send me the ticket number in a PM once opened.

In the meantime, you can try removing and re-adding your sound content paths to SampleTank 4. This will cause the instrument database to rebuild and ensure everything is looking where it should be.

The FAQ below should help explain the folder structure of SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 to clarify.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1239
Will contact support. I understand what the error means, thank you :)
In the meantime, you can try removing and re-adding your sound content paths to SampleTank 4
Did that, doesnt work no matter what. Reinstalling also doesnt work. Seems to be some bug, because apearently only Acoustic Pianos and Guitars are affected.

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:21 pm Did that, doesnt work no matter what. Reinstalling also doesnt work. Seems to be some bug, because apearently only Acoustic Pianos and Guitars are affected.
Sorry to hear the steps didn't help. While we're not seeing other reports of this support will gladly assist to get you working :)

Ryan_IK wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:50 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:21 pm Did that, doesnt work no matter what. Reinstalling also doesnt work. Seems to be some bug, because apearently only Acoustic Pianos and Guitars are affected.
Sorry to hear the steps didn't help. While we're not seeing other reports of this support will gladly assist to get you working :)
Well support did responded, but i have no idea what should i make of it, i really dont understand :?:
Hi Ramunas

Thanks for contacting us.
Sorry to hear of your troubles with SampleTank. Please visit our FAQ for the recommended steps to upload SampleTank. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index. ... mpletank-4

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email.

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:57 pm Well support did responded, but i have no idea what should i make of it, i really dont understand :?:
I got your PM with your ticket number and it looks like one of our newer rep's jumped in on your ticket before I got a chance to flag it. Don't worry, their next reply will have all your posted info from here to make the process easier.

Return to “Instruments”