SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Burillo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:07 am There's a library mode which displays the preset list in an hierarchical fashion. Click the folder icon in the top left corner.

IK, this is why you do UX testing and design, and not just blindly follow the trends.
Yeah, I tripped upon that after reading your post. Thanks. You can see the the instruments from Sampletron, Samplemoog, Miro1 and Sonik Synth in their own folders, arranged, imo, better than in S3. It was worth getting the SE edition for €42. I don't need the S4 content, though, so I am thinking of deleting that.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Ryan_IK wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:25 pm Sorry to hear of your longer than usual wait time. Our initial ticket creation triggers a message stating that our team will get back to you as soon as possible. The next message received will mention a normal time of 24-48 hours (Weekends excluded), which is what we see as the usual time frame, but I'll more than happily pass along your feedback to the team.
Hello! If possible, please pass on the request to the team to consider my request # 364432
There is also a delay in receiving a response. Thank you in advance for your participation!

Bombadil wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:23 pm You can see the the instruments from Sampletron, Samplemoog, Miro1 and Sonik Synth in their own folders, arranged, imo, better than in S3. It was worth getting the SE edition for €42. I don't need the S4 content, though, so I am thinking of deleting that.
I agree that the improvements in the browser interface, and the scalable UI were worth the price of admission for S4.

As far as deleting the S4 content, that is entirely up to you if there is nothing of interest there. But I can hear quite a difference in some of the new samples that makes them sound much richer and more authentic than the S3 libraries. So I would be selective because you might find something quite nice, especially the new C7 Grand acoustic pianos, the 4001 electric basses, and the Black Les Paul electric guitars. It's a shame they didn't included any of the new electric pianos and acoustic guitars in SE.

On the downside with the S4 content (I got the Max version), there is just way too much included in the way of synth content (20+GB) and acoustic drum kits (12+GB). I might delete that, mostly because I will never use it. I have Syntronik (and many other soft synths), and I use Addictive Drums when I want acoustic kits.

Also there is still something strange about some of the S4 sampled instruments, or the S4 engine, that I find very CPU heavy if I load more than one S4 instrument into a single instance of S4. So I really haven't been able to load them up as I could in S3. I can easily drop eight S3 instruments into the S4 interface, and they play without issue.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

The only instruments I can see on S4 SE that I might want are the organs, but I have lots of organs. So. I have to think about it. I am trying to be conservative with disk space, and 30GB of stuff that I don't really need is better allocated somewhere else.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Customer support finally responded on 6/18 and said "I am checking with my Dev team on this and will have some feedback for you this week. "

It is now 6/24, a new week, and no one has got back with me yet. :(

VitaminD wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:59 am Customer support finally responded on 6/18 and said "I am checking with my Dev team on this and will have some feedback for you this week. "

It is now 6/24, a new week, and no one has got back with me yet. :(
Hang in there! Don't ever give up!
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Haha I don't really think giving them a solid week to respond is being too extreme. It literally takes IK Multimedia Customer Support a full week to respond. If not longer. :(

If you buy software from this company, I hope it fully works on your system. Otherwise, you may very well get to go through the same month long (and on going) rigmarole. Sadly, with SampleTank 4, there is no trial version. So you get to see if it works after you purchase it.

Your issue is one that requires dev attention. I've relayed your message here to our Support Manager. Note that even if someone has some trouble it isn't a bleak matter to get support, most will not require this amount of time and attention as most are resolved within a short period of time. Sorry that yours is not one of those and that you are not satisfied with your specific experience but it is the exception rather than the rule. I've let our team know, though, that it would be best to also make sure the exceptions are handled more expediently and with more communication.

Thanks!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:31 pm Your issue is one that requires dev attention. I've relayed your message here to our Support Manager. Note that even if someone has some trouble it isn't a bleak matter to get support, most will not require this amount of time and attention as most are resolved within a short period of time. Sorry that yours is not one of those and that you are not satisfied with your specific experience but it is the exception rather than the rule. I've let our team know, though, that it would be best to also make sure the exceptions are handled more expediently and with more communication.

Thanks!
The issue isn't that it has taken a month -- these things can take time to solve. But an issue is it has taken a month (and on going) because it takes IKM support 3 to 7 business days to get back with a response in the ongoing dialog. :o

So there is a lot of dead time in between...

I understand, if you're really working a code fix for the issue it will take time to prepare. That's fine. Yet the issue is Customer support is not responsive in communication, even if to keep me informed that they haven't dumped my ticket in the circular file.

Are you guys swamped? Are my expectations unfair in communication speed and amount? I really don't want to be a jerk customer so I'm honestly asking if you consider this acceptable. I've worked customer support before so I know how rotten it can get, yet I would never make my customers wait days to over a week for a simple check in response to let me know I'm not forgotten. Especially when they claimed they would be reaching back to me in the past week that has come and gone with silence.. :neutral:

VitaminD wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:47 pm
The issue isn't that it has taken a month -- these things can take time to solve. But an issue is it has taken a month (and on going) because it takes IKM support 3 to 7 business days to get back with a response in the ongoing dialog. :o

So there is a lot of dead time in between...

I understand, if you're really working a code fix for the issue it will take time to prepare. That's fine. Yet the issue is Customer support is not responsive in communication, even if to keep me informed that they haven't dumped my ticket in the circular file.

Are you guys swamped? Are my expectations unfair in communication speed and amount? I really don't want to be a jerk customer so I'm honestly asking if you consider this acceptable. I've worked customer support before so I know how rotten it can get, yet I would never make my customers wait days to over a week for a simple check in response to let me know I'm not forgotten. Especially when they claimed they would be reaching back to me in the past week that has come and gone with silence.. :neutral:
I had a ticket open that I just gave up on. When I did get any response, they just kept asking the same thing over and over, that I had clearly explained earlier in a manner that any 5th grader could understand.

It just wore me down. I think their ticket system is set up to automatically close tickets that they send any response to, unless you respond again and again...

And I have worked the support lines in tech support before, so I fully know how bad it can be. IK probably needs some more trained people on the front lines.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Hey Guys,

Anyone with a support ticket can pass their information over to me. I am now accepting ticket numbers ;)

I can check into each of your cases to see what happened here. Please contact me over PM and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please keep in mind each case is it's own unique situation and handling everyone’s predicament over the forums is not the easiest or most efficient way to get you guys working.

Just a disclaimer, (sorry for those who have 'heard' me 'say' this before) we have been making some changes to our support system. This did lead to some users experiencing longer than usual wait times. The new system brings a lot of improvements to help improve the user experience and with this new system we've been bringing some new experienced faces to the team.

Thank you to all of you have been understanding during these changes. As always, we appreciate the support!🤘
Make sure to keep an eye out on the IK Multimedia web site for future news and promotions!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

I'm still awaiting Customer support to at least send me a 'we havent forgotten about you, still working with the devs email' from their last message on June 18th. It is now June 26th.

Ticket 1176071

Another day, another day without an email response from IK Multimedia Customer Support.

Honestly, I’ve got nothing but good things to say about IK support. True, sometimes it may take them a few days or a week to respond but they always solved whichever problem I had.

Fleer wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:15 am Honestly, I’ve got nothing but good things to say about IK support. True, sometimes it may take them a few days or a week to respond but they always solved whichever problem I had.
Thank you for your report.

Now back to the month long debacle I'm facing. I'm surprised, at this point, why they haven't simply refunded me the money.

Return to “Instruments”