SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

4.0.4 installed here, and no crashes in standalone, or while using the plugin with any DAW so far.

The memory footprint is way down too! When I launch the standalone empty, it sits at about 437MB. That is slightly less than SampleTank 3 on my system which uses 467MB.

Much improved! Thanks!
Last edited by zzz00m on Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Great! Glad you are up and running. I'm glad to see people working well with SampleTank 4 and can get great sounds like the Grand Piano that is documented in this "making of" video:

https://youtu.be/iugTJt1OsIo

Spin Boyz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:16 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:58 pm
Spin Boyz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:46 pm The patch Chromatic/Steel Drums Studio bug is still there in 4.0.4. I can reproduce a consistent crash by just repeatedly playing the G#3 note from my MIDI keyboard.
Did you report this to IK Support? Did they verify and report back that it would be fixed in 4.0.4?
Yes. It's ticket #237598. This ticket was also about ST4 crashing in Studio One. The crashing is still occurring in 4.0.4.
Thanks. I relayed your information and it seems like that crash is likely caused by an issue with a MIDI loop and/or the sounds used over a period of time. Support will continue to assist you with that.

zzz00m wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:29 pm 4.0.4 installed here, and no crashes in standalone, or while using the plugin with any DAW so far.

The memory footprint is way down too! When I launch the standalone empty, it sits at about 437MB. That is slightly less than SampleTank 3 on my system which uses 467MB.

Much improved! Thanks!
(emphasis mine)

Dang, looks like we went too far. I'll tell the devs they should make sure we don't overshoot ST3 going forward ;-) Just kidding, obviously.

there's a saying where i come from: "want to make people happy? make everything worse, then make everything as it was before". it kind of applies here - the 7GB memory usage in the ST4 release version was totally unnecessary, and making it palatable is not "going too far", it's what it should've been in the first place. to be perfectly honest, ST4 usage is still on the high side compared to, say, Kontakt or UVI player, but at 400-700MB (seems to be varying by the system) i really couldn't care less.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

With all due respect Peter, I feel that the 4.0.4 release is what the initial public release 4.0.0 should have been.

I sincerely appreciate the support that you have provided, keeping us informed, and going to bat for us with the support team. Not to mention the abuse you have endured in the process! :tu:

Hopefully in the lessons learned meetings that your team is bound to have, I would hope that a plan for more robust beta testing in the future is forthcoming. :dog:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:13 pm
Spin Boyz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:16 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:58 pm
Spin Boyz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:46 pm The patch Chromatic/Steel Drums Studio bug is still there in 4.0.4. I can reproduce a consistent crash by just repeatedly playing the G#3 note from my MIDI keyboard.
Did you report this to IK Support? Did they verify and report back that it would be fixed in 4.0.4?
Yes. It's ticket #237598. This ticket was also about ST4 crashing in Studio One. The crashing is still occurring in 4.0.4.
Thanks. I relayed your information and it seems like that crash is likely caused by an issue with a MIDI loop and/or the sounds used over a period of time. Support will continue to assist you with that.
IK support said my issues would be resolved with the next sound library update. :pray:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:01 pm It was a joke. :help:
Hi Peter,

Wondering if you could help me. I've lodged a support ticket (751520), and the original problem seems to have been solved. But in doing so, another problem has arisen, specifically I can no longer access my SampleTank 3 sounds from within SampleTank 4 (the "locked" symbol appears over the ST3 library, and I am prompted to pay a reactivation fee). I can however access these the ST3 library from within ST3, as it is already installed on my computer.

I have made support aware of this issue through email replies to their previous support messages, but I have not heard back in over a week, and was wondering if you could shed some light on this.

By the way, I have just updated to ST4.04, have the the latest Instruments Installer and Sound Library update installed too. In addition, I have attempted to redownload the ST3 samples (that are alongside the ST4 samples) from my account, and they (along with all the vocal samples) won't unzip/mount.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:01 pm It was a joke. :help:
i know. it was in poor taste however.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

zzz00m wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:41 pm Hopefully in the lessons learned meetings that your team is bound to have, I would hope that a plan for more robust beta testing in the future is forthcoming. :dog:
I don't think you should hold your breath

ST3 was also plagued with unnessesary issues at release

Things that should easely have been ironed out in beta

But its obviously only got worse in this ST4 release

So no, they are not learning, its just the way it is,

They are not even ashamed to trouble their customers

If they have had any regret they would have changed their way years ago

What I don't understand, (besides lack of pride in the business), is that they
actually want this chaos each and every time, it must be a PITA also for them self ?

Maybe it boils down to culture, a more laid-back culture, not being able to deal with a deadline ?

(not that its a valid excuse, like said, in comparison, never one single problem with Presence or S1)

novelo110300024.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HM

HM wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:47 am
So no, they are not learning, its just the way it is,

They are not even ashamed to trouble their customers

If they have had any regret they would have changed their way years ago

What I don't understand, (besides lack of pride in the business), is that they
actually want this chaos each and every time, it must be a PITA also for them self ?

Maybe it boils down to culture, a more laid-back culture, not being able to deal with a deadline ?
Your ethnocentrism is way over the top here! And you sure are making a lot of assumptions! :dog:

He is completely right. If you think that IK change only a little bit, then dream on.
I am so glad I jumped the IK ship many years ago....

been jammin for three straight hours with ST4 on bass. no crashes :) of course, i didn't use it on everything, but that's simply because i didn't have time to assemble sounds for anything other than bass. but this makes me hopeful that i can finally use SampleTank for everything. it's so liberating to finally have one GUI for both ST3/ST4 and Syntronik sounds (ST3 can load Syntronik sounds but the GUI is atrocious compared to Syntronik). overall it's been a pleasant experience.

Yep, seems to be working fine now!

Return to “Instruments”