SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Is SampleTank 4 MAX simply a "get SampleTank 4 + every other SampleTank library out there"? so, if i wasn't interested in those, i should just upgrade to SampleTank 4?

also, when is release date? (as in, i'm not flush right now, so how long do i have to save up?)
Last edited by Burillo on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

"Up to 250 GB of sounds".So, we have to pay for expansions

Burillo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:30 pm Is SampleTank 4 MAX simply a "get SampleTank 4 + every other SampleTank library out there"? so, if i wasn't interested in those, i should just upgrade to SampleTank 4?

also, when is release date? (as in, i'm not flush right now, so how long do i have to save up?)
Yeah what exactly do we get with the upgrade?

I notice that saturator X is one of the new efx, cool.

SampleTank MAX is everything that will be released, there will be no additional new expansions available for purchase upon release, and the release date will be in early 2019.

You can check what's included at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... tank-4-max

SampleTank 4 MAX:
The largest sample library IK has ever produced, over 250 GB including over 200 GB of all-new sounds. That’s 8,000 sounds in total.

70GB of new sounds for sampletank4.
200 gb of new sounds for sampletank 4 MAX.
I wonder what the upgrade price will be after the pre order.
When is the last day to pre order

bill45 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:44 pm 70GB of new sounds for sampletank4.
SampleTank 4 MSRP is $/€299.99 (upgrade $/€199.99) after the pre-order period, you will be able to purchase for $/€199.99 (or your upgrade pricing if you qualify) now. We will offer pre-order pricing through the end of this year.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:05 pm
SampleTank 4 MSRP is $/€299.99 after the pre-order period, you will be able to purchase for $/€199.99 (or your upgrade pricing if you qualify). We will offer pre-order pricing through the end of this year.
Peter,

Will this new version still import the older libraries like Sonik Synth and Mellotron? Are the new sounds from existing libraries not before included, or actually brand new instruments and sounds created for this software? And lastly, will the irig keys (not the I/O versions) come with a version of ST4SE after it is released, or still only qualify for ST3SE? Wonderful to see this, looks great!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:05 pm
SampleTank 4 MSRP is $/€299.99 (upgrade $/€199.99) after the pre-order period, you will be able to purchase for $/€199.99 (or your upgrade pricing if you qualify) now. We will offer pre-order pricing through the end of this year.
Can you comment on my earlier questions, is the interface scalable and is it MPE ready!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:22 pm Can you comment on my earlier questions, is the interface scalable and is it MPE ready!
Sorry looked like others already saw that the interface is indeed scalable and you can find this on the published product pages on our site, but no MPE.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:24 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:22 pm Can you comment on my earlier questions, is the interface scalable and is it MPE ready!
Sorry looked like others already saw that the interface is indeed scalable and you can find this on the published product pages on our site, but no MPE.
That’s great, I can live without MPE (although it’s nice to have) but on 4K you realy need an interface you can resize, that alone may make me upgrade at some point (probably in a sale as the st3 to st4 discount is not very good)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

GoldieK wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:16 pm Peter,

Will this new version still import the older libraries like Sonik Synth and Mellotron? Are the new sounds from existing libraries not before included, or actually brand new instruments and sounds created for this software? And lastly, will the irig keys (not the I/O versions) come with a version of ST4SE after it is released, or still only qualify for ST3SE? Wonderful to see this, looks great!
Thanks, glad you are looking forward to it!

If you had already converted these pre-ST3 libraries with ST3, yes you’ll find converted instruments from these libraries on SampleTank 4. You’ll find these instruments already as you will be able to add ST3 as an additional library path (yes you will also be able to specify multiple library paths).

At this time there will be no change with what comes with iRig Keys products, but I will pass along the suggestion.

I am so glad the browser system has been updated in SampleTank 4. Overall, I am definitely planning to purchase while the pre-order discount is available.

However, I do find it rather odd that a specific discount is not provided for prior SampleTank owners. The available discount is applicable to all IK Multimedia customers who have purchase $99 or more worth of products.

Due to the overlap of functionality and incremental benefit from upgrading, prior SampleTank owners are actually getting the worst deal under the present discount model.
Last edited by Silaris on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Please also note that SampleTank 4 SE is available for pre-order for $/€99.99 too, and allows JamPoints as with the other versions.

Return to “Instruments”