SampleTank 4 on the way

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3 SampleTank 4 SampleTank 4 MAX SampleTank 4 SE SampleTank Custom Shop

Hrsrd from support this morning. I am a little confused

Day 6 no answere from Support !

IKM does not needs to wonder when people are saying no more IKM purchases .

Ok Changed DPI setting to 100%
Logged off,then logged back on All of sudden I could not delete files with out permission.
Had to figure that out.Reinstall then crash!!

I downloaded the AMD catalyst control center.It installed the correct video card driver.
Now Ijust get a crash when closing st4. plugin opened in cubase 9.5

bill45 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:12 pm I like these multi's. Hope I can get mine working!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahmb28U1HX8
Huh, these Sampletank 4 synth sounds very bad! :o
Synth pads and leads are so lame!
It's very much waste of 10 Gb of files in Sampletank 4 Standard (even more in ST4 Max, about 20Gbs),
hundreds very samey quite ugly synth presets !!!
I will rather take Nylon Guitar, Flute and Flugelhorn etc. real instruments
than this synth garbage !!!! :x

gigadreamer wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:27 pm
bill45 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:12 pm I like these multi's. Hope I can get mine working!
It's very much waste of 10 Gb of files in Sampletank 4 Standard (even more in ST4 Max, about 20Gbs),
Sample Tank 4 is a rompler... if you want synth sounds... one would think you would buy a synth...

the same goes for hardware romplers and synths... right?

neverenoughfunk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:41 pm
gigadreamer wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:27 pm
Sample Tank 4 is a rompler... if you want synth sounds... one would think you would buy a synth...

the same goes for hardware romplers and synths... right?
I bought SampleTank for the sampled real instruments. I already have Syntronik for tons of good synth sounds, plus quite a few other 3rd party virtual synths.

So I am a bit puzzled how the IK marketing team came to the conclusion that we needed an additional 20GB of sampled synths tossed in to the ST4 deal? I tried to avoid downloading the ST4 synth installers, but then most of the SM4 multis failed to load correctly as a result, due to some dependencies on the various synth library samples.

I will admit that many of the multis are interesting, but the individual synths used in them may be plain vanilla sounding by themselves. I would trade that 20GB for more real instrument samples. Just my two cents ... :wink:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

the fact you have others synths proves my point... i.e. ST 4 is rompler... if one wants synth sounds buy a synth... right?

just my two cents :wink:

neverenoughfunk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:15 pm ST 4 is rompler... if one wants synth sounds buy a synth... right?
Partially correct.

Syntronik is an excellent synth ROMpler! Love it! So are some of the UVI synth libraries. I also have UVI Digital Synsations. It's not an either/or situation, as both types can be playable experiences, and the sound quality can be comparable. I have old synth hardware from Roland such as the JV-880 and JV-1080, which are totally ROMplers.

My point was I think that IK included too many synth samples in the latest product, but I don't have anything against them in principle.

zzz00m wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 pm
neverenoughfunk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:15 pm ST 4 is rompler... if one wants synth sounds buy a synth... right?
Partially correct.

Syntronik is an excellent synth ROMpler! Love it! So are some of the UVI synth libraries. I also have UVI Digital Synsations. It's not an either/or situation, as both types can be playable experiences, and the sound quality can be comparable. I have old synth hardware from Roland such as the JV-880 and JV-1080, which are totally ROMplers.

My point was I think that IK included too many synth samples in the latest product, but I don't have anything against them in principle.
i have komplete ultimate collection, omnisphere, trillian, keyscapes, stylus rmx, etc... once the bugs are ironed out... i am planning on purchasing ST 4 Max... but knowing that is a rompler... knowing exactly what i am getting... a tool i do not have to switch from plugin to plugin... a rompler...

in other words... when you purchase a rompler... you get a rompler... regardless of what we own...

i dont have anything against what you said... just putting it into prospective... i.e. when you purchase a rompler you get a rompler...

neverenoughfunk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:41 pm
Partially correct.

i have komplete ultimate collection, omnisphere, trillian, keyscapes, stylus rmx, etc... once the bugs are ironed out... i am planning on purchasing ST 4 Max... but knowing that is a rompler... knowing exactly what i am getting... a tool i do not have to switch from plugin to plugin... a rompler...

in other words... when you purchase a rompler... you get a rompler... regardless of what we own...

i dont have anything against what you said... just putting it into prospective... i.e. when you purchase a rompler you get a rompler...
I see that you have collected a bunch of plugins. But have you ever actually owned a real ROMpler?

zzz00m wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:59 pm
Partially correct.

I see that you have collected a bunch of plugins. But have you ever actually owned a real ROMpler?
not sure what you mean by collected (positive or negative)... but i have updated/upgraded my plugins over the years... i.e. i like to talk from experience...

how about roland u220, korg m3r, alesis s4, i forget who made the proteus but had a hardware proteus... i had a few ROMpler in my day...

Its about ratio. 10gbs out of 100 is a tenth. So 10% of the content is synth sounds... but no strings.

Its not about it being a rompler, its about the standard version not being balanced.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

neverenoughfunk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:07 pm
zzz00m wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:59 pm
Partially correct.

not sure what you mean by collected (positive or negative)... but i have updated/upgraded my plugins over the years... i.e. i like to talk from experience...

how about roland u220, korg m3r, alesis s4, i forget who made the proteus but had a hardware proteus... i had a few ROMpler in my day...
OK, gotcha!

But including synth samples in a ROMpler is nothing new. In fact it has been common practice for decades. So implying that ROMplers, both then and now, are pure "real" instruments only, is incorrect.

For example, I have an Alesis QS series synth, which was the fine 1996 ROMpler successor to your Alesis S4, and it has these synth samples available in the "Synth" sound group.
J Pad, M Pad, X Pad, Velo Pad 1, Velo Pad 2, Velo Pad 3, AcidSweep1, AcidSweep2, cidSweep3, AcidSweep4, AcidSweep5, VeloAcid 1, VeloAcid 2, VeloAcid 3, VeloAcid 4, AnalogSqr1, AnalogSqr2, AnalogSqrV, Sync Lead, Seq Bass, SeqBass Vel, Tek Bass, FatSynBass, TranceBas1, TranceBas2, VeloTrance, FilterBass, FM Bass, FM/FiltVel
Plus these samples in the "Wave" sound group.
Pure Sine, 10% Pulse, 20% Pulse, 50% Pulse, Velo Pulse, Mini Saw, Saw Fltr 1, Saw Fltr 2, Saw Fltr 3, Saw Fltr 4, RezSaw UK, RezSaw USA, Acid Saw, Velo Saw1, Velo Saw2, Velo Saw3, Velo Saw4, Velo Saw5, AcidRezSqr, VelAcidWav, MiniSquare, Sqr Fltr 1, Sqr Fltr 2, Velo Sqr, Mini Tri, Tri Filter, Velo Tri, Rectanglar, Hard Sync, HSync/Rect, Additive 1, Additive 2, VeloAdditv, Digital 1, Digital 2, Digital 3, Digital 4, Science 1, Science 2, Science 3, Science 4, VelScience, Metal Wave, Inharmonc1, Inharmonc2
Of course those are only two of the included sound groups available in the QS, so plenty of real instrument samples as well!
Piano
String
Noise
Sound FX
Chromatic
Brass
Voice
Rhythm
Organ
Woodwind
Ethnic
Guitar
Synth
Drums
Bass
Wave
Percussion
Last edited by zzz00m on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saukar30 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:45 pm Its about ratio. 10gbs out of 100 is a tenth. So 10% of the content is synth sounds... but no strings.

Its not about it being a rompler, its about the standard version not being balanced.
Agreed. What I've been trying to express. Applies to the MAX as well, but perhaps not to the same extreme ratio.

Return to “Instruments”