Picture this ! Arturia Pigments is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:12 pm
parricide wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:27 pm whats special about this?
it looks like every other wavetable subtractive synth out there.
any special features im missing?
Well for a start it isnt just wavetable, it has Arturias 'VA' engine as well (so you could just use it as a 6 osc VA synth or a 3 OSC VA + Wavetable, or a 2 x Wavetable) - the way its constructed it looks like it is designed to be expanded with other osc engines in the future (so maybe more like Falcon)

It already has 8 of the realy top filters from their other products like the SEM and Mini etc.

It has one of the very best resizable GUI's I have used so far on any VST. Its fast and realy easy to program and you can see everything that is going on visually with colour and movement all on one page.

Supurb sound browser/tagging options that even show you what filter and oscillator engine are used in the patch (unique?) - it doesn't matter how many great sounds a synth has if you cant find them!

It has a very advanced sequecer with probability gate and trigger etc, it also has some advanced modulators (like Turin) and combiners (so yoiu can combine for exanmpek, a turin oputput with an LFO)

It can certainly do what every other wavetable synth can do, but it can also do more with the VA and sequencing side than any standard wavetable system I am aware of (I am not incluing Avenger, Falcon etc on this list!) and definitely looks and better and has better workflow for me. I like the modern GUIs that dont ape hardware.

I have been a Serum user since it came out, I now prefer Pigments..its not a revolution, its just evolution.
thanks for the info.
not many new synths get me excited any more. i guess we are running out of ways to present synthesis :D
seems there are a couple of features worth at least trying out though, cant hurt to try.
thanks

I like this synth. The UI/UX is really good - I can tell they had UX resurces working on this. Sonically it's not initally standing out to me. However the more I work with it the more I am realising it's unique sound which is more about "pristine quality" than "character".

I actually bought it. And then asked for a refund... I thought the $99 V6 upgrade was still available. This is due to bad UX on their site in the accounts section, I can explain if you want me to. I thought I was buying the V6 upgrade for $99 but instead it was Pigments for $99. I wanted to get V6 for $99 and then Pigments for $69. Once I realized I asked Arturia for a refund, which they promptly gave me.

But now, less than 24 hours later, but after this confusion with Arturia and explaining to them why I got confused, there is now a bundle deal upgrade available: V6 and Pigments for $168! Nice.

I am going to work with Pigments for a bit and take advantage of the 30 day trial and then I'll decide what to do... :phones:

plexuss wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:49 pmBut now, less than 24 hours later, but after this confusion with Arturia and explaining to them why I got confused, there is now a bundle deal upgrade available: V6 and Pigments for $168! Nice.

I am going to work with Pigments for a bit and take advantage of the 30 day trial and then I'll decide what to do... :phones:
So, I'm a V-Collection 5 user and just clicked on the offer of Pigments + V-Collection 6 for €168 . I went through the checkout but all I have got in my account now is the V-Collection 6 upgrade. Looking at the order details, it only shows the V-Collection and there is no sign of Pigments anywhere. Have I misunderstood this offer?

Obviously I have contacted Arturia's support, but it is out of hours and with Christmas looming I'm not sure when I'll get a reply.

andrew71 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:39 pm
plexuss wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:49 pmBut now, less than 24 hours later, but after this confusion with Arturia and explaining to them why I got confused, there is now a bundle deal upgrade available: V6 and Pigments for $168! Nice.

So, I'm a V-Collection 5 user and just clicked on the offer of Pigments + V-Collection 6 for €168 .
You probably made a mistake.
First! log in to your account. Then you should normally see the price change to 99 dollar/euro.
Then add to basket and go through the payment procedure.

Stefken wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:03 pm
andrew71 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:39 pm

So, I'm a V-Collection 5 user and just clicked on the offer of Pigments + V-Collection 6 for €168 .
You probably made a mistake.
First! log in to your account. Then you should normally see the price change to 99 dollar/euro.
Then add to basket and go through the payment procedure.
Careful here. I am also a V5 owner and I too see the 168 V6+Pigments offer. There is no 99 offer for me. If you got charged 168 then you should get both V6 and Pigments. :phones:

Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 4.08.13 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks Plexuss, that’s exactly what I ordered, but the order is only showing V-Collection 6 and there’s nothing relating to Pigments in my account or on my order confirmation - even in your screenshot the description only mentions V-Collection and not Pigments.

I’ll wait for Arturia to answer my message. Hopefully their Support is open tomorrow.

Just received an email saying that Pigments has been registered to my account, so all is good now.

I payed with the demo and it's a good versatile plugin.
I noticed that when I close or open the cutoff filter (LP filters), the sound it is not smooth, I clearly can hear the steps of the filter.
That's not a good point.
I'm amazed nobody reported or noticed this.
Hope Arturia will sort this.

dupont wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:29 pm I noticed that when I close or open the cutoff filter (LP filters), the sound it is not smooth, I clearly can hear the steps of the filter.
That's not a good point.
Nobody reported that because nobody noticed it. That's certainly a problem that doesn't reside in Pigments, so you need to look elsewhere for the source. What exactly are you doing, how and with which filter?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:08 am
dupont wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:29 pm I noticed that when I close or open the cutoff filter (LP filters), the sound it is not smooth, I clearly can hear the steps of the filter.
That's not a good point.
Nobody reported that because nobody noticed it. That's certainly a problem that doesn't reside in Pigments, so you need to look elsewhere for the source. What exactly are you doing, how and with which filter?
That's a pigment issue, I tried with other soft synth (tyrell, synth 1, tal bassline) and on this one, the filter is smooth.
To reproduce on pigment 2 ways :
play a rich wave exemple a saw wave
1-close or open slowly the filter (LP24) with the mouse (2-3 s)
2-Assign a midi controler (CC74) to the filter and close or open the filter
In both cases, I hear can the steps.

Extinguishes Halitosis.
Pig Mint.jpg
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

dupont wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:47 pm
fmr wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:08 am Nobody reported that because nobody noticed it. That's certainly a problem that doesn't reside in Pigments, so you need to look elsewhere for the source. What exactly are you doing, how and with which filter?
That's a pigment issue, I tried with other soft synth (tyrell, synth 1, tal bassline) and on this one, the filter is smooth.
To reproduce on pigment 2 ways :
play a rich wave exemple a saw wave
1-close or open slowly the filter (LP24) with the mouse (2-3 s)
2-Assign a midi controler (CC74) to the filter and close or open the filter
In both cases, I hear can the steps.
That's something I already did (as well as others). It's even something that's in many presets (filter sweep, that is). I just did what you said (Multimode Filter LP24 using the Analog Engine Saw Wave), with sweep even slower than what you said, and didn't notice any steps. Maybe you could post a recorded sequence (using REAPER, for example, since you can download it in case you don't have it) and an audio example of what we are supposed to hear, instead?
Fernando (FMR)

@fmr

I made some tests with Mini LP filter with a saw wave wavetable engine

Pigment cutoff modulated by midi CC : filter stuttered
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17cJ7i ... u6cqlvuQxw

Pigment cutoff modulated by LFO : filter smooth
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10R9Lw ... OjdOncjFfZ

tyrell N6 cutoff modulated by midi CC : filter smooth, so no issue with controler
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Wmscr ... aMUF-WiWO0

Note : i'm on OSX.
I got annoying hanging notes in reaper.

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:12 pm
parricide wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:27 pm whats special about this?
it looks like every other wavetable subtractive synth out there.
any special features im missing?
Well for a start it isnt just wavetable, it has Arturias 'VA' engine as well (so you could just use it as a 6 osc VA synth or a 3 OSC VA + Wavetable, or a 2 x Wavetable) - the way its constructed it looks like it is designed to be expanded with other osc engines in the future (so maybe more like Falcon)

It already has 8 of the realy top filters from their other products like the SEM and Mini etc.

It has one of the very best resizable GUI's I have used so far on any VST. Its fast and realy easy to program and you can see everything that is going on visually with colour and movement all on one page.

Supurb sound browser/tagging options that even show you what filter and oscillator engine are used in the patch (unique?) - it doesn't matter how many great sounds a synth has if you cant find them!

It has a very advanced sequecer with probability gate and trigger etc, it also has some advanced modulators (like Turin) and combiners (so yoiu can combine for exanmpek, a turin oputput with an LFO)

It can certainly do what every other wavetable synth can do, but it can also do more with the VA and sequencing side than any standard wavetable system I am aware of (I am not incluing Avenger, Falcon etc on this list!) and definitely looks and better and has better workflow for me. I like the modern GUIs that dont ape hardware.

I have been a Serum user since it came out, I now prefer Pigments..its not a revolution, its just evolution.
Well said! It seems so many people dismiss a product before they even try it

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:06 pm The 'chord' function on Unison is pretty cool, the continuously variable selection between parallel and series for the 2 filters is also great. Over a dozen reset sources for the LFOs etc, user pre-sets on the function generator, controllable 'random' with probability, same with S+H and Turin generators, 2 powerful modulation combiners (gets a bit modular like), visual feedback on all modulators, real insert and send busses, advanced 'polyrythmic' sequencer/arp with generator, sequencer scales, trigger and gate probability...built in 'sound design tips' explaining how each preset works and suggesting changes (very cool :tu: )

...and probably 100 more, but I guess people will always find something it 'doesn't do' and focus on that :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Instruments”