Picture this ! Arturia Pigments is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Vortifex wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:24 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:12 pmI have been a Serum user since it came out, I now prefer Pigments..its not a revolution, its just evolution.
Were you a beta tester?
If you mean Serum, I still am!!! (the version I am using has been beat for about 18 months now I think)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

vertibration wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:21 pm It does nothing that Xfer Serum hasn't already done, and done better. Valiant effort by Arturia but I would have liked to have seen something more innovative.
That's not true... having 2 filters is a huge difference

I like the modulation better in Pigments. Also, in Serum, you have only the one Warp option. Pigments gives the user FM, PM, PD and Wavefolding options at the same time.

Serum obviously allows much more facility for creating wavetables.

Is it possible to resize the GUI in Pigments? It is taking up every pixel on my MBP. I want to make it smaller.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:56 pm Is it possible to resize the GUI in Pigments? It is taking up every pixel on my MBP. I want to make it smaller.
Yes.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:15 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:09 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:32 pm No MPE? Cm‘on its almost 2019...
Nore does just about any other synth recently released (Hive 1.2, Dune 3 etc) it is still proobably less than 1% of peope using MPE (I am one of them!) but I can make any VST be at least partially MPE in Bitwig with force MPE mode, but very few VSTs (maybe 6!? support all my Rolli features)
Hive is MPE capable.
Hmm, MPE 'capable' and 'Fully MPC' are two different things, I can't get Y axis with Hive for example (unless I have missed something in 1.2 or is it still 'voice per channel?). Pigment in Bitwg is MPE 'capable' (with force MPE) and works pretty well, just need to do a bit of assigning....

I still think it is a very short list of truly 'strait out of the box' MPE synth, as opposed to synths that can do some MPE with a little poking and setup.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Cinebient wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:58 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:56 pm Is it possible to resize the GUI in Pigments? It is taking up every pixel on my MBP. I want to make it smaller.
Yes.
How?

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:59 pm
Nore does just about any other synth recently released (Hive 1.2, Dune 3 etc) it is still proobably less than 1% of peope using MPE (I am one of them!) but I can make any VST be at least partially MPE in Bitwig with force MPE mode, but very few VSTs (maybe 6!? support all my Rolli features)
Hive is MPE capable.
Hmm, MPE 'capable' and 'Fully MPC' are two different things, I can't get Y axis with Hive for example (unless I have missed something in 1.2 or is it still 'voice per channel?). Pigment in Bitwg is MPE 'capable' (with force MPE) and works pretty well, just need to do a bit of assigning....

I still think it is a very short list of truly 'strait out of the box' MPE synth, as opposed to synths that can do some MPE with a little poking and setup.
Hive has the Control A and Control B sources. Set one of them to CC74. Y axis works fine. Hive also has the modulation functions so you can adjust mod curves in some useful ways. Hive is a solid MPE capable synth. The only thing it does not have is release velocity.

Pigments does not support MPE. Does not have CC74 nor does it support voice per channel. You would have to use a bunch of instances.

Vortifex wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:09 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:04 pm
Cinebient wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:58 pm
Yes.
How?
Click the logo top left > Resize window
Ahhh... thanks. I missed that that was a menu. Didn't even glance in that direction. I was looking on the right.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:15 pm
Hive is MPE capable.

Hive has the Control A and Control B sources. Set one of them to CC74. Y axis works fine. Hive also has the modulation functions so you can adjust mod curves in some useful ways. Hive is a solid MPE capable synth. The only thing it does not have is release velocity.

Pigments does not support MPE. Does not have CC74 nor does it support voice per channel. You would have to use a bunch of instances.
Apologies, I was wrong, Pigment won't play with 'Force MPE' in Bigwig….I was just used to that magic button working! My first negative for Pigment! I am still struggling with Hive however, do you have to set the pitch bend range and modulation destination for every preset or can I make a default that applies to all patches (+-48 and y set to mod wheel for example)

I've not tested it a lot.. but the modulation system is very, very good and easy to use.

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:59 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:15 pm
Hive is MPE capable.

Apologies, I was wrong, Pigment won't play with 'Force MPE' in Bigwig….I was just used to that magic button working! My first negative for Pigment! I am still struggling with Hive however, do you have to set the pitch bend range and modulation destination for every preset or can I make a default that applies to all patches (+-48 and y set to mod wheel for example)
In Hive (and u-he plugins in general) you can lock any parameter. So you can lock the pitch up and down at whatever values you wish and that will hold as you switch presets.

It would be cool if Arturia added MPE support to Pigments cause with its modulation capabilities, it would be a good MPE synth!

Thanks- I have already emailed Arturia support to ask if they have any plan for MPE in the future, I would imagen as they have 22 synths they are looking for a universal solution, but they could start with Pigments ;-)

tengotiempo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:54 am Just cant believe that this is a true Arturia Synth
+1

I'm curious about the decision-making & team behind Pigments

Neither Carnivore nor Vegan... I'm now the Combinator after demoing this one (not to be confyoosed with the Propellerheads variety). Some interesting implementations in this one. This does not seem like an Arturia synth. But that name gets my goat. But I will absolutely admit after tinkering with it for an half-hour. It's definitely worth your demo time. Not too big on the included preset patches, just clicking through. But I definitely llike what I got out of it at times. There are some great possibilities with the architecture and the way things can be routed. AND some interesting implementations with the FX one does not normally see. Not bad. Not bad 'tall. But no more synths here. Someone will enjoy the hell out of this though.

Return to “Instruments”