DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Drag and drop isn't a big deal to me. If you know what you're doing in a mod matrix, then there's no problem.

Richard_Synapse wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:51 pm NKS-ready means it went through NI's approval process. They check out all patches carefully, test all versions, the controller template, etc. This is not just important for NKS, but it improves the overall stability since it means extra stress testing. So it is very useful overall :)

Richard
oh, they test the controller template, now do they. put a nice stamp of approval. NKS-Ready - The Gold Standard, the ultimate seal of quality, is it. nah, it's a racket, they're getting free advertisement off your back, is all it is.
while dragging down the rest of the industry - and wasting everyone's hard drive space - with their bloated crap. time wasted making nks templates is time that could have been invested supporting the good control surfaces instead. I'm sorry but the only thing it means for me, when a plugin company thinks that "nks support" is even worth mentioning, is that the chances that I can tab around the interface using my controller will be quite low, because it stands for nothing more than bog-standard, might-as-well-use-midi integration.

simmo75 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:05 am
Ghost Dog wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:49 pm
simmo75 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:37 pm Predictable... people whining already ...

Great update, congratulations Synapse-Audio!
Well, you said it yourself. Seems like an update (in all honesty, a killer update, but an update nonetheless) and not a new version.
And $79 is a good price for it considering all the work and new features.
Maybe for you or someone else with a license.

For me, I'm kinda tired with the love/hate relationship I had with D2 and I don't have a license any more so, for me, it's not $79 and I think I'll give this synth a rest (even though I can see myself easily connecting with DUNE 3 like I unfortunately never could with D2).

Otherwise, I'm not knocking it. If we disregard everything said, this is a good synth.
Last edited by Ghost Dog on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

acYm wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:53 pm "nks approved" LOL

sorry, the idea that nks is a standard of some kind will always make me laugh. approved for the worst control surface on the market? gee, that's good to know.

should remove that from your blurb tbh
companies shouldn't support or give credence to nks, noobs wasting their hard-earned money on this dead-end excuse for a platform is the only thing it can lead to.
Sorry but this is just unnecessary trolling. There are lots of people out there with NI controllers. It just makes life easier for them to have things mapped out the box.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:17 am

sorry, the idea that nks is a standard of some kind will always make me laugh. approved for the worst control surface on the market? gee, that's good to know.

companies shouldn't support or give credence to nks, noobs wasting their hard-earned money on this dead-end excuse for a platform is the only thing it can lead to.
Sorry but this is just unnecessary trolling. There are lots of people out there with NI controllers. It just makes life easier for them to have things mapped out the box.
I agree with that! As I intend to invest in NI hardware, this is a welcome feature and IMO well done :)

Congrats Synapse audio on the release.

Really liking the new factory presets. Copied over my presets and wavetables from D2, working just fine.

oh I know, I have one too, that's why it's so puzzling to me that it's even a thing. well, have. I have the software, I can see how laughable it is.
nobody ever cared about supporting automap or akai advance, but hey, NI, with a history of killing a platform dead on a complete whim, made a really really bad control surface, so let's all go out of our ways to make it the "industry standard". who's trolling who, exactly?

I hope that, at least, there's the option to download an installer that isn't bloated with NI's crap.
Last edited by acYm on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great! I see some cool new features.

acYm wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:27 am oh I know, I have one too, that's why it's so puzzling to me that it's even a thing. well, have. I have the software, I can see how laughable it is.
nobody ever cared about supporting automap or akai advance, but hey, NI, with a history of killing a platform dead on a complete whim, made a really really bad control surface, so let's all go out of our ways to make it the "industry standard". who's trolling who, exactly?

I hope that, at least, there's the option to download an installer that isn't bloated with NI's crap.
It is a hidden feature, so even if you hate NI, you won't feel it is there till you use it! So, I don't see a reason for this negativity really ;)

Richard_Synapse wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:51 pm

NKS-ready means it went through NI's approval process. They check out all patches carefully, test all versions, the controller template, etc. This is not just important for NKS, but it improves the overall stability since it means extra stress testing. So it is very useful overall :)

Richard
I'm pleased about this being 'NKS Ready' but tbh the Dune 2 mapping was not detailed or well organised enough for me so I reverted to my own improved template, I'll see if things have improved in the new version.

Caine123 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:39 pm Steep upgrade price in my opinion when it doesnt seem like a full 3.0....
We believe it is more than fair, but I can understand if it is not instantly clear where the upgrade price comes from.

Take the patch library as an example. More than 200 of the new patches are made by Kevin Schroeder, and as usual they are of excellent quality. Each of his soundsets with about 64 patches is currently $20 in our shop. So the new patch library alone is worth the upgrade fee from this perspective. Of course other sound designers have contributed outstanding patches as well, this is just one example.

Then there's the new features of course, the dual filter, dual arp, wavetable editor etc which are really powerful additions, greatly increasing the sound design capabilities and versatility of the synth. The new skin is ihmo better than the old one (granted this is subjective), what's important it is HD and resizable, usable from Notebooks to 4K/5K screens, an important step forward.

Furthermore there's plenty of other additions not directly visible from looking at the screenshots or trying out demo patches. We put new high-quality analog-modeled filters in DUNE 3 that did not exist previously, as well as a whole bunch of new high-quality effect algorithms. We could easily take some of those, wrap a nice fancy UI around them, add a few parameters then sell them for $99 separately, noone would even think of complaining ;)

It will just take some time to really show off all the new features in more depth. I guess we will launch a video series soon to cover it all in more detail. :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

New gui is verry taxing on the cpu , had the same problem with dune 2 ...
I've heard other people ( on gearslutz ) have/had the same issues
Underspecd laptop here , that being said , the performance is verry good and efficient
There just something with the graphics that brings the cpu to it's knees ( shown in taskmanager only )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

psst... put some more GUI pics on the website.
(I have a hard time finding some. Looks like it's hardware only..)
- WonderEcho -

:?:

When you click on the pics on the Synapse website, it shows parts of the GUI... apart from that, there's 2 screenshots in the original post of this thread.

I really like the GUI, and the new features. :tu: Seems like a worthy upgrade for those liking version 2.
Last edited by chk071 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

So Dune 1 is now gone forever? (Out of the shop)

Return to “Instruments”