DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:41 am BONES....

This is not a criticism, but merely an observation....

Are you as aggressive and opinionated in "real life" or is it only when you post on these forums ?

A human sledgehammer...

It would be an interesting case study for anybody with more than a passing interest in matters of the mind :wink:
It wouldn’t be an interesting case study, the guy is a total boor. Forums are filled with guys like that.

buzz1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:02 pm
AnX wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:03 pm
buzz1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:01 pm
BONES wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:12 pm
rezoneight wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:18 am"Most of only use 4/4 time signature"? Most of what? If only using 4/4 works for you, then knock yourself out but there is as much music written for other time signatures as 4/4.
Well, some, but nothing you'd want to listen to. I mean waltzes? In 2020?
Thank goodness for your presence on this forum BONES. I mean, there I was along with millions of other obviously deluded, ignorant people thinking that, (for example) the opening chorus of Bach's St Matthew Passion was a great masterpiece, a sort of musical Sistine Chapel. But now, thanks to your insight and wisdom I have realised that it is in fact a load of old garbage as it is written in 6/8. Next I need to re-evaluate hundreds if not thousands of other non 4/4 so-called masterpieces (what do these people know eh) and doubtless consign them to the dustbin too.
the dustbin is too good for that drivel
I usually find that people who make cheap dismissive remarks without one word of justification lack intelligence.
i usually find they lack a sense of humour

AnX wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:13 am
buzz1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:02 pm
AnX wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:03 pm
buzz1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:01 pm
BONES wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:12 pm
rezoneight wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:18 am"Most of only use 4/4 time signature"? Most of what? If only using 4/4 works for you, then knock yourself out but there is as much music written for other time signatures as 4/4.
Well, some, but nothing you'd want to listen to. I mean waltzes? In 2020?
Thank goodness for your presence on this forum BONES. I mean, there I was along with millions of other obviously deluded, ignorant people thinking that, (for example) the opening chorus of Bach's St Matthew Passion was a great masterpiece, a sort of musical Sistine Chapel. But now, thanks to your insight and wisdom I have realised that it is in fact a load of old garbage as it is written in 6/8. Next I need to re-evaluate hundreds if not thousands of other non 4/4 so-called masterpieces (what do these people know eh) and doubtless consign them to the dustbin too.
the dustbin is too good for that drivel
I usually find that people who make cheap dismissive remarks without one word of justification lack intelligence.
i usually find they lack a sense of humour
:lol:
No auto tune...

Reading this derailed Dune 3 topic my initial thought "glad i distanced from KVR, so much less poison in my life"

I suggest to do the same who don't want to waste their life of pointless discussions, really :D

thanks for the info

buzz1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:01 pmThank goodness for your presence on this forum BONES. I mean, there I was along with millions of other obviously deluded, ignorant people thinking that, (for example) the opening chorus of Bach's St Matthew Passion was a great masterpiece, a sort of musical Sistine Chapel.
Really? I have no idea what it sounds like. But that's not the point, is it? I cant see anyone wanting to recreate that piece using DUNE, can you? Try and read comments in context, will you.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:27 am Reading this derailed Dune 3 topic my initial thought "glad i distanced from KVR, so much less poison in my life"

I suggest to do the same who don't want to waste their life of pointless discussions, really :D
Wise words :)

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:27 am Reading this derailed Dune 3 topic my initial thought "glad i distanced from KVR, so much less poison in my life"

But yet here you are...... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

:hihi: I'm like Spandau Ballet's song said: "I've bought a ticket to the world, but I've come back again ... "
Real World sucks! Full of Trump like people and hypocrisy! Waste of time and energy! The virtual world is much better with talking about Dune 3 and the Legend as examples ;)

rezoneight wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:35 am

Truth.

However, knowing that for some individuals Internet is just the output for their frustration, I'd still like to learn something more about Dune 3 and other software here on KVR :scared:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:13 pm
rezoneight wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:35 am

Truth.

However, knowing that for some individuals Internet is just the output for their frustration, I'd still like to learn something more about Dune 3 and other software here on KVR :scared:
I could not have said it better. It is probably difficult to moderate for occasional (and sometimes appropriate) rants while still keeping the forum informational for those wanting to learn about products they own or products they are looking to possibly purchase.

BONES wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:31 pm
buzz1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:01 pmThank goodness for your presence on this forum BONES. I mean, there I was along with millions of other obviously deluded, ignorant people thinking that, (for example) the opening chorus of Bach's St Matthew Passion was a great masterpiece, a sort of musical Sistine Chapel.
Really? I have no idea what it sounds like. But that's not the point, is it? I cant see anyone wanting to recreate that piece using DUNE, can you? Try and read comments in context, will you.
its a lovely piece.
if you get the chance at that opera house of yours, well worth it.

but yup, wouldnt sound great on a synth. probably.

although some classical stuff does transfer quite well imo, see william orbit "pieces in a modern style" or "some" of the clockwork orange score, not all, some does sound like it was done because we can, rather than we should.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:22 am

But yet here you are...... :shrug:
Distancing doesn't mean shuting myself off so yes im still here. :-)

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:38 pmif you get the chance at that opera house of yours, well worth it.
They call it an "opera" house but I mostly go there to see stand-up comedy.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I don't know what's worse, having to listen to opera or EDM :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”