DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Yes I have to agree with chk071. I doubt Richard has the time to keep up with this thread so if you have a serious feature request better to make it at the Synapse forums.

Keep in mind that there is a list of feature requests for Dune 3 like for example a new preset browser and favorites system. I've seen just as many if not more requests for that than for Microtuning so it's about priorities.

Also keep in mind that Synapse is only two programmers so unlike Native Instruments for example they don't have the manpower to add every little featurette that anyone can possibly think of.

So like I said it's about priorities. No telling what the future holds for Dune 3 so all you can do is make your feature request in a calm and convincing manner and hope it is added in a future update.

For the record my number one feature request will never be implemented so I've learned to love and enjoy Dune 3 for what it is today and that's one of the finest sounding synths I've ever owned or played and that includes both hardware and software. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

BONES wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:12 pm
rezoneight wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:18 am"Most of only use 4/4 time signature"? Most of what? If only using 4/4 works for you, then knock yourself out but there is as much music written for other time signatures as 4/4.
Well, some, but nothing you'd want to listen to. I mean waltzes? In 2020?
Thank goodness for your presence on this forum BONES. I mean, there I was along with millions of other obviously deluded, ignorant people thinking that, (for example) the opening chorus of Bach's St Matthew Passion was a great masterpiece, a sort of musical Sistine Chapel. But now, thanks to your insight and wisdom I have realised that it is in fact a load of old garbage as it is written in 6/8. Next I need to re-evaluate hundreds if not thousands of other non 4/4 so-called masterpieces (what do these people know eh) and doubtless consign them to the dustbin too.
Last edited by buzz1 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just use pitch modulation if you are so hungry for non standard micro tuning.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

buzz1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:01 pm
rezoneight wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:18 am"Most of only use 4/4 time signature"? Most of what? If only using 4/4 works for you, then knock yourself out but there is as much music written for other time signatures as 4/4.
Thank goodness for your presence on this forum BONES. I mean, there I was along with millions of other obviously deluded, ignorant people thinking that, (for example) the opening chorus of Bach's St Matthew Passion was a great masterpiece, a sort of musical Sistine Chapel. But now, thanks to your insight and wisdom I have realised that it is in fact a load of old garbage as it is written in 6/8. Next I need to re-evaluate hundreds if not thousands of other non 4/4 so-called masterpieces (what do these people know eh) and doubtless consign them to the dustbin too.
the dustbin is too good for that drivel

I am more likely to buy virtual instruments with microtuning than those without. I don't think it's too much of a burden to add - both VAZ (RIP!) and Madrona Labs are/were able to build microtuning in to their synths as one-man shops.

Amazing that there are so many closed minds/ears on an electronic music forum! Reading this thread I get the impression that a fair number of folks here are dutiful automatons pooping out electronic Muzak in the proper key, tempo, and rhythmic structure as prescribed by their regional cultural programming service. :borg: , indeed. :help:

In the history of human "civilization", 12 tone Equal Temperament is a very recent development imposed on many cultures by hegemonic European colonial activity, from which there was no "opt-out" button. There are many ways to divide the range of audible pitches. And rhythm and pitch are literally the same thing at different timescales...And in many non-European languages, pitch has semantic meaning...

Indian culture is one of the most diverse I have ever encountered. I guess we all see things from a different perspective.
Last edited by buzz1 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

But do those non-Western cultures use plugins to make EDM?

AnX wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:03 pm
buzz1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:01 pm
the dustbin is too good for that drivel
I usually find that people who make cheap dismissive remarks without one word of justification lack intelligence.

e-crooner wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:58 pm But do those non-Western cultures use plugins to make EDM?
yup.

buzz1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:01 pm Thank goodness for your presence on this forum BONES. I mean, there I was along with millions of other obviously deluded, ignorant people thinking that, (for example) the opening chorus of Bach's St Matthew Passion was a great masterpiece, a sort of musical Sistine Chapel. But now, thanks to your insight and wisdom I have realised that it is in fact a load of old garbage as it is written in 6/8. Next I need to re-evaluate hundreds if not thousands of other non 4/4 so-called masterpieces (what do these people know eh) and doubtless consign them to the dustbin too.
:lol:

Yep...all that old crap needs to go in the bin :wink:

WTF did those old farts know about music ?

Compound time signatures ? What a joke....

Who needs to study music theory and understand counterpoint and orchestration anyway ?

And divine inspiration ?

Forget the past....

Ignore the rich history of the musical masters and just confine them to the passing of time...

It's four on the floor and total machine control in my world baby :tu:
No auto tune...

Winstontaneous wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:34 pm I am more likely to buy virtual instruments with microtuning than those without. I don't think it's too much of a burden to add - both VAZ (RIP!) and Madrona Labs are/were able to build microtuning in to their synths as one-man shops.

Amazing that there are so many closed minds/ears on an electronic music forum! Reading this thread I get the impression that a fair number of folks here are dutiful automatons pooping out electronic Muzak in the proper key, tempo, and rhythmic structure as prescribed by their regional cultural programming service. :borg: , indeed. :help:

In the history of human "civilization", 12 tone Equal Temperament is a very recent development imposed on many cultures by hegemonic European colonial activity, from which there was no "opt-out" button. There are many ways to divide the range of audible pitches. And rhythm and pitch are literally the same thing at different timescales...And in many non-European languages, pitch has semantic meaning...
https://youtu.be/D_8Pma1vHmw

digitalboytn wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:20 am And divine inspiration ?
from the sweet green goddess?
or pan?
the green man?
wotan?

ooh lyrics.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:29 am I don't have anything against Microtuning being added to Dune 3 although I have no use for it but I do find the "oooh I'm so superior because I like micro-tuning" attitude I've seen in recent times to be really annoying.Believe what you will indeed but don't be pompous about it....... :wink:
Thank you for proving my point. :wink:
Winstontaneous wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:34 pm Reading this thread I get the impression that a fair number of folks here are dutiful automatons pooping out electronic Muzak in the proper key, tempo, and rhythmic structure as prescribed by their regional cultural programming service.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Winstontaneous wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:34 pm I am more likely to buy virtual instruments with microtuning than those without. I don't think it's too much of a burden to add - both VAZ (RIP!) and Madrona Labs are/were able to build microtuning in to their synths as one-man shops.
It's not about a "burden". Once again it's about priorities. Like I said I've probably seen more people ask for a new preset browser with favorites (which I also have no use for) so Microtuning simply goes on the list of Feature Requests made by all Dune users or potential users.

Your request is no more important than any others.

Like I said if MT is that important to you then make your feature request in a polite and convincing manner at the Synapse Forums and hope it gets added in a future update just like everybody else hopes their requests are granted.

The more people who ask for MT the more chances it might be added but nothing is guaranteed since no one but Synapse knows what the future holds for Dune 3.

Beating it to death in this thread will not likely do you any good. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”