DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Not to break up the party, but Dune 3 sale is now on (includes upgrades).

https://www.synapse-audio.com/shop.html

jsp1979 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:00 pm Not to break up the party, but Dune 3 sale is now on (includes upgrades).

Here we go! :clap: Have a great day shoppers :D It really worth it, so buy it :)

jsp1979 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:00 pm Not to break up the party, but Dune 3 sale is now on (includes upgrades).

Hydra still 59 bucks. I wonder if anyone still buys that one.

EnGee wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:17 pm

Here we go! :clap: Have a great day shoppers :D It really worth it, so buy it :)
:tu:

Hydra is a weird one. If I was Rich, I'd have kept Scorpion around. It was a different kind of beast to the others.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:54 am Hydra is a weird one. If I was Rich, I'd have kept Scorpion around. It was a different kind of beast to the others.
only one person would buy such a limited synth today, and you already have it.

not good business

Says the guy who uses acid basslines, FFS. It does stuff easily that other synths struggle to do at all. Different trumps limited every time in my book.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:54 am Hydra is a weird one. If I was Rich, I'd have kept Scorpion around. It was a different kind of beast to the others.
I downloaded it out of curiosity. Its sound quality is not up to date, and its user interface is a joke, much too small by modern standards.
But I prefer the feature set and tabless layout to Dune's, frankly. The two pitch envelopes are unusual. The chorus/delay section is interesting. The whole feature set is musical and invitingly limited in my view.

BONES wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:20 am Says the guy who uses acid basslines, FFS. It does stuff easily that other synths struggle to do at all. Different trumps limited every time in my book.
i use them, but not exclusively

a synth that only does saw waves is a massive fail in 2019, not to mention all the other short comings....

a 303 is a one trick pony, but you buy it for that specific reason... Scorpion, not so much

BONES wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:20 am It does stuff easily that other synths struggle to do at all
name one

Dune CM is more advanced than Hydra and it's magware! Hydra should be free in comparison ;)

EnGee wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:05 pm Dune CM is more advanced than Hydra and it's magware! Hydra should be free in comparison ;)
totally diff synths :roll:

AnX wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:27 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:05 pm Dune CM is more advanced than Hydra and it's magware! Hydra should be free in comparison ;)
I agree! Dune CM has additional FM and osc sync besides a modulation matrix and arp ... etc. It lacks the chorus effect however (or any other effects) but still Dune CM value should be much higher than Hydra.

I think Richard just keep forgetting to zero Hydra's price when updating the website :hihi:

EnGee wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:02 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:27 pm
I agree! Dune CM has additional FM and osc sync besides a modulation matrix and arp ... etc. It lacks the chorus effect however (or any other effects) but still Dune CM value should be much higher than Hydra.

I think Richard just keep forgetting to zero Hydra's price when updating the website :hihi:
60 bucks is crazy for that plugin, one might get Synthmaster One for that price.

I'm comparing only to SA synths really because I think it's a fair comparison.

Return to “Instruments”