DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

What I miss in Dune 3 are a few more normal envelopes. The MSEG's are a bit clumsy and overkill in my view. I would have preferred an additional Envelopes tab at the bottom, with 3 conventional slider envelopes side by side, like the three LFO's.

I also would have put the arp's into tabs at the bottom. There, all 32 steps would have fit next to each other. The current display solution looks like a copy of Sylenth1's arp.
Last edited by e-crooner on Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e-crooner wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:15 pm
GRUMP wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:22 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:00 pm I already got the ARR1 preset in Xpand!2.

Unfortunately the demo version comes only with a small selection of presets. 057 and 060 seem promising, though.
The VOX/Choir Stuff in XPAND is nice - if played between C2-4 ... but let us be honest - ARR1 is different. Try ROLAND.
I don't think I've heard ARR1 played beyond its sweet spot, either :wink:
In my opinion virtually all instruments (synth, electric and acoustic) have a sweet spot, outside which the sound ceases to sound good and characteristic.
They surely have sth. like a sweet Spot. But you should "never underestimate the Dark Side". Sweet Spot Today - maybe a Problem tomorrow (after you slept a while...). It also depends strongly on the Context, the Mix and other Elements. "We´ll fix it in the Mix" is often the best way to cope with certain Receptions of Imperfection. The Mix anyway.

What was a "good Sound" in the 60s? It was far far far far away from the digital Perfection we are used to today. But ... I mean I have heard that sweet Soul and DooWop Stuff (50-60s) ONLY for about 5-10 years and still prefer it today (OK I have lately reached the 80s...). But ... you know what I want to say. Herbie Hancock played it cool. Many producers today just Reproduce Industry Standards and their Tracks lack what I´d call "Human Feel". Probably because they are completely fixed on Paramaters and their endless Possibilities.

Recommended: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoDCBMOwrZI

e-crooner wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:17 pm
v1o wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:11 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:02 pm
v1o wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:05 pm
e-crooner wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:16 pm No no, I meant synth choirs like Fairlight sounds.

Dune sounds too spacey for my taste, too bombastic, too modern, too sterile, too EDM. I think it is not for me.
What synths are you comparing Dune to?
The new Xils for instance, it sounds rather different in my view.
Xils stuff is pretty vintage. Try Arturia.
Try Arturia for what?
Arturia, if you want a similar sound character. Xils synths are good but actually never sound like the analogue synths they’re trying to emulate. They have that recently updated Synthex VSTi, that no Synthex owner actually thinks is anything like the real thing.

Dune has excellent sound quality but still sounds warm in my opinion if you use any of the modelled filters. What do you think of the Legend?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Where's the half price blackfriday deal on Dune 3 ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Who said it will be such a discount?!

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:44 am Where's the half price blackfriday deal on Dune 3 ?
in your imagination

There'd better be, as I'm running low this month :P
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

v1o wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:42 am
e-crooner wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:17 pm
v1o wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:11 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:02 pm
v1o wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:05 pm
e-crooner wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:16 pm No no, I meant synth choirs like Fairlight sounds.

Dune sounds too spacey for my taste, too bombastic, too modern, too sterile, too EDM. I think it is not for me.
What synths are you comparing Dune to?
The new Xils for instance, it sounds rather different in my view.
Xils stuff is pretty vintage. Try Arturia.
Try Arturia for what?
Arturia, if you want a similar sound character. Xils synths are good but actually never sound like the analogue synths they’re trying to emulate. They have that recently updated Synthex VSTi, that no Synthex owner actually thinks is anything like the real thing.

Dune has excellent sound quality but still sounds warm in my opinion if you use any of the modelled filters. What do you think of the Legend?
No idea what the original Synthex sounded like, so I can't compare. But I like the way the Xils sounds, tight and direct.

When loading Dune, however, the default patch perfectly represents the sound character I don't like.

Although I am not into emulations nor the Minimoog, Legend sounds more impressive than Dune to me. It seems to have more body somehow. And the user interface is much more to my liking.

The last what ive done with Dune 3 :) Used only Virtual Analog possibility of the synth, just a clear Dune sound 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRka4vC55dc
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

That first patch is just damn incredible sounding. Wow.

NatLife wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:59 pm The last what ive done with Dune 3 :) Used only Virtual Analog possibility of the synth, just a clear Dune sound 8)
Very nice and warm sounding. But when compared to your Spire plucks, the Dune 3 ones are not quite as punchy.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:28 pm
NatLife wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:59 pm The last what ive done with Dune 3 :) Used only Virtual Analog possibility of the synth, just a clear Dune sound 8)
Very nice and warm sounding. But when compared to your Spire plucks, the Dune 3 ones are not quite as punchy.
well, yeah maybe...as for punching Spire have most fastest attack from all the synths, but i prefer Dune 3 sound quality more :wink:
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Doesn't Synapse do black friday sales?

No, usually just Xmas, which is only a month away.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:59 am No, usually just Xmas, which is only a month away.
Thanks for the insight, that is good to know. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”