DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Slight Skin Mod

D3 2.jpg

D3.jpg

If someone can turn the knobs white in photoshop or can swipe them out for all white knobs I'd be happy for them! I want to get closer to the nexus 2 skin or sylenth cream skin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

The new update deleted all of my user presets... hundreds of them...OMG

They probably aren't gone, it's just that the new install can't see them. Do a search and find them on your drive, I'm sure they are there somewhere.
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:37 pm Lets talk about time.As an example, week one:

Day 1: you activate the demo, play around for 30 minutes, continue work on a project
Day 2-5: working on a project because schedule is on friday
Day 6: packing bags, morning flight to play at a club or a festival
Stop right here! You've just found several hours when you can thoroughly test a demo version - while you are flying to/from your gig. It's the perfect way to wile away the hours on an aircraft.
Im surprised how some of people are just looking from own perspective. It feels like you dont have any brain to think that not all are like you and not all are having same daily routines, jobs and so on.
I've got brains enough not to forget about a time-limited demo I've already installed.
Or you are just ignorant. Its not always about making a preset in 30 days, its about finding time in a 30 days period to spare because not all have luxury to work from 8h 5 days a week and then not thinking about anything and just dick around. Having time limit that expires only adds pressure.
How long do you need? As I said, if you can't decide in 30 minutes, you probably don't need it. Forgetting you had the demo installed would be another clue about how much value it's likely to offer.
If you are demoing plugins to buy but not making money back by advancing with music as career to make a living out of it i also could say you are wasting your life.
What sort of loser wants to make a career out of music? I couldn't imagine anything worse. The compromises you have to make, the things you'd have to take on just to make a buck. No thank you, I never want financial imperatives to interfere with my artistic decisions. I did it exactly once, never again. Our label doesn't care if they lose money on us and we don't care whether or not we make any. It's the perfect arrangement because it means that all our decisions are around what's best for the music.

I look at some of the most successful artists in our genre and I feel sorry for them. The pressure to put out a new album on a schedule, whether you're happy with it or not. The relentless touring just to make ends meet. None of those guys could afford a new car every 2 or 3 years like I can and they probably wouldn't have the opportunities to enjoy it that I do, either. By doing music as a hobby I get to experience all the good aspects of it with none of the downsides. Much better way to go.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

recursive one wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:09 pmI'll more likely buy something that never times out and lets me play with it whenever I feel like. I bought Bazille and Serum after 2 years of demoing (occasional playing in spare evenings) and passed on Ana2 because I downloaded it but was distracted by different things and forgot about it. Next time I realized I had it installed it already had expired - so I don't actually even know, maybe it would be my dream synth :) .
Yeah, you're just the sort of customer that devs are targeting.
Hemmick Reef wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:47 pm I quite like limited to 15-30 mins with no saving - a good balance between fun vs frustration :D vs :x
Yeah, I used a suite of mastering plugins with that kind of demo limitation to master our last album. I just couldn't afford them at the time but eventually bought them when I had the money (and haven't used them since). It's too easy to get around.
Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:51 pmThirty days is plenty for any plugin. The idea is to give you a chance to try the plugin and decide if you want to buy not to be able to use it indefinitely and render to audio.
I don't think it's even that. When I demo something it is 90% about making sure it will load and work reliably with everything else in my set-up. I rarely download a demo unless I know that I definitely want to buy it if it works OK. There is so much info about everything out there on the inter webs if you bother to look, the demo is hardly even worth worrying about.
recursive one wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 pmOkay, it's probably just another your attention seeking post, but just imagine that not everyone can have 30 days in a row to demo a plugin.
I think you missed Tek's point, which is that nobody needs 30 days. If you can't decide in one or two 20-30 minute session, there's something wrong with you. So the trick is not to install the demo until you are sat down, ready to spend that first 20-30 minutes with it. If you still can't decide after half-an-hour, it probably means you don't need it and should save your money. Maybe there will be rare occasions when you might need another session or two but you should be able to find that time within a month. If you can't, then how much value are you going to get out of it when you actually own it?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

v1o wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:51 pm Is there any reason for D3 owners to be envious of Massive X?
Dunno. I tried Massive X for my latest track and loved it, though I still will be getting D3. They're different beasts with different workflows.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

v1o wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:51 pm Is there any reason for D3 owners to be envious of Massive X?
I have both. Each one has its own way in both its sound and its user interface, the results you get from them have very little in common. They are completely different machines.
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

e-crooner wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:39 pm
Hemmick Reef wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:47 pm I quite like limited to 15-30 mins with no saving - a good balance between fun vs frustration :D vs :x

If I keep going back I eventually buy, then everyone's happy :party:
I don't like that. Sound designers like to invest quite some time to see how good they can make a patch. So after fiddling for half an hour, you want to be able to save and later reload your patch should you be happy and decide to buy it.

But maybe we should turn this topic into a separate thread with poll instead of hijacking this thread even further.
That's a bit harsh, I was being somewhat lighthearted :wink:
But all the same in respect of demo versions...
I have a back catalogue of synths I plan to use for sound design but I still like to demo new synths and some old - it's fun checking new versions, new synths! I demoed Dune 3 and Massive X but I couldn't justify the purchase just yet. I can try Massive X later but not Dune 3.
For whatever reason a synth is purchased most people try the demo first and I prefer time limited with no saving. It allows me to fully test a synth for my purposes - I don't have to buy!
I can live with it, but don't prefer demos with bleeps, bloops, hissing or drop-outs. And once a 30 day demo has expired and I decide not to buy (cost, don't need, etc) on occasions 6-12 months later when I decide to demo again, I can't.
So it doesn't bother me so much, but it's what I prefer.
Last edited by Sound Mechanics on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Does not compute.

chk071 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:31 am
Does not compute.
Not if you have both :wink:

Hemmick Reef wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:24 am I can live with it, but don't prefer demos with bleeps, bloops, hissing or drop-outs.
Not our favorite solution either. Sometimes it feels like a bug, if the volume is too loud it can be very annoying as well.
Hemmick Reef wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:24 am And once a 30 day demo has expired and I decide not to buy (cost, don't need, etc) on occasions 6-12 months later when I decide to demo again, I can't.
So it doesn't bother me so much, but it's what I prefer.
We usually reset the trial period on updates. Replacing the demo takes <1 min here including the download time :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

I have both and would say....no. More the other way :wink:

Richard_Synapse wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:09 am We usually reset the trial period on updates. Replacing the demo takes <1 min here including the download time :)

Richard
That's good to know as I want to give it another test at some point, it should complement The Legend which I already have.

recursive one wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:51 pm If you need more than thirty days or even thirty minutes to decide whether a synth is for you or not then..... :arrow:
Okay, it's probably just another your attention seeking post, but just imagine that not everyone can have 30 days in a row to demo a plugin. Ongoing music projects that require attention, or just daily life, plenty of reasons.
How is pointing out that another recently released plugin has a 15 day demo limitation that didn't reset when they released the new version with a resizable gui "attention seeking"?

Dune 3's limitation is 30 days and does reset when an update such as this one is released. I assume you're over at the Ultra Analog thread moaning about the shorter demo limitation and no reset ?

Like I said being able to use a plugin for free forever to render is not in the best interest of anyone.

When you go to buy a car do you expect to drive it for 1,000 miles before deciding to buy ?

Don't have time in thirty days to test a plugin or not able to make a simple decision in that amount of time ? Then the real problem is not the demo limitation. Deciding whether a plugin is right for you is not rocket science. :wink:
fisherKing wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:24 am this 'plugin A vs plugin B' thing is so boring
Amen brother.......... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I realize a skin really shouldn't matter that much, but it does. Call me shallow, but this feels like a new synth, and it makes me want to use it more. I feel it sets it apart from Dune 2.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:03 am
recursive one wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:15 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:51 pm If you need more than thirty days or even thirty minutes to decide whether a synth is for you or not then..... :arrow:
Okay, it's probably just another your attention seeking post, but just imagine that not everyone can have 30 days in a row to demo a plugin. Ongoing music projects that require attention, or just daily life, plenty of reasons.
How is pointing out that another recently released plugin has a 15 day demo limitation that didn't reset when they released the new version with a resizable gui "attention seeking"?

Dune 3's limitation is 30 days and does reset when an update such as this one is released. I assume you're over at the Ultra Analog thread moaning about the shorter demo limitation and no reset ?

Like I said being able to use a plugin for free forever to render is not in the best interest of anyone.

When you go to buy a car do you expect to drive it for 1,000 miles before deciding to buy ?

Don't have time in thirty days to test a plugin or not able to make a simple decision in that amount of time ? Then the real problem is not the demo limitation. Deciding whether a plugin is right for you is not rocket science. :wink:
fisherKing wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:24 am this 'plugin A vs plugin B' thing is so boring
Amen brother.......... :tu:
Actually, I reset UA myself, took me just a few minutes to find out how...
Since in theory I could use UA without any limitations forever now, it is another reason to go for another type of demo mode because I am sure I could do the same thing with Dune if I wanted to.

Of course I won't do that, it amount to stealing. Actually I have already uninstalled UA (too many panels and tabs for my taste).

Return to “Instruments”