DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

DP

Looks like it was just bad timing. Richard emailed back and said they were updating the installer, and I just happened to try at the wrong time.

Yes it was just a minute or so, sorry for the inconvenience (it was about updating the Mac AAX version).

Btw, the Windows 30-day trial for v3.2 is now up, Mac demo coming soon :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Yet another demo version with expiration, no like :wink:

It's plenty of time to test, and the trial period is reset on updates like this one. :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Yeah, i don't think there's anything to complain about the demo version really. Plenty of time to check it out. :)

I for one hate time limited demos. It happened many times when I downloaded something but didn't have enought time to fully test before it timed out. I'll more likely buy something that never times out and lets me play with it whenever I feel like. I bought Bazille and Serum after 2 years of demoing (occasional playing in spare evenings) and passed on Ana2 because I downloaded it but was distracted by different things and forgot about it. Next time I realized I had it installed it already had expired - so I don't actually even know, maybe it would be my dream synth :) .

I do own Dune3 though :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

30 days is perfectly reasonable but sometimes it just isn't enough. Renewable demo period (a reset after six months or so) would be preferable, IMHO.

My ideal demo mode is neither expiration, nor white noise or sampled thanks (read, buy it already), but randomly playing every third note a note or two too high or low. That would do the trick, which is keeping people from using the plugin for production, not pissing them off.

Every third note = unplayable. :)

Instead of an arbitrary 30 days, has anyone seen an hourly sensitive demo period that lasts forever, but you only get 24 hours of play time. If that isn't enough to qualify the synth, imo, then pass.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I quite like limited to 15-30 mins with no saving - a good balance between fun vs frustration :D vs :x

If I keep going back I eventually buy, then everyone's happy :party:

How long has Ultra Analog 3 been out ?

UA.png
Thirty days is plenty for any plugin. The idea is to give you a chance to try the plugin and decide if you want to buy not to be able to use it indefinitely and render to audio.

If you need more than thirty days or even thirty minutes to decide whether a synth is for you or not then..... :arrow:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:51 pm If you need more than thirty days or even thirty minutes to decide whether a synth is for you or not then..... :arrow:
Okay, it's probably just another your attention seeking post, but just imagine that not everyone can have 30 days in a row to demo a plugin. Ongoing music projects that require attention, or just daily life, plenty of reasons.

30 minutes and unlimited days feels more ok, but I prefer noise bursts, regular muting or going of tune or things like that. So I could make a half of the patch, go make some coffee then return to my DAW and play again.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

if you are seriously interested in a synth, 30 days is plenty. I imagine most ppl make their minds up very quickly anyway.

If you think you won't have time to demo a synth properly in a 30 day period, wait until you do. I can't think of a time when that might happen, and even if it did, the demo is reset on an update, so you get more chances

you really have 3 choices

1. buy it/don't buy it
2. make time to demo it
3. moan about not having enough time as if it's someone else's fault
Last edited by AnX on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”