DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:39 am
AnX wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:34 am 1. its only mac users who have had probs with largest skin, win has been fine. Retina is a mac thing

2. no idea about WT editor. Too convoluted for me, i use the old version. Since it was released (after much user pressure) i havent seen it mentioned. So either everyone can use if fine, or they have no idea and are too afraid to ask.... who knows
Retina is just a marketing term...High pixel density is not a Mac thing so it also affects Windows users with higher resolution (more pixels) monitors too.
retina is a mac thing, not a single win user has complained of pixel blurring

however mac screens use whatever they call retina, its causing a problem for some users (and requires Synapse to spend time making a new gui)

AnX wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:22 am
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:39 am
AnX wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:34 am 1. its only mac users who have had probs with largest skin, win has been fine. Retina is a mac thing

2. no idea about WT editor. Too convoluted for me, i use the old version. Since it was released (after much user pressure) i havent seen it mentioned. So either everyone can use if fine, or they have no idea and are too afraid to ask.... who knows
Retina is just a marketing term...High pixel density is not a Mac thing so it also affects Windows users with higher resolution (more pixels) monitors too.
retina is a mac thing, not a single win user has complained of pixel blurring

however mac screens use whatever they call retina, its causing a problem for some users (and requires Synapse to spend time making a new gui)
Let me i present you Steve Jobs from the grave to explain it to you. Really it takes a second to just google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcnKi7GxZ2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl5cN8Z7LnM
Last edited by Elektronisch on Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Blasphemy! That's Steve Jobbs, not Bill gates. :P

chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:37 am Blasphemy! That's Steve Jobbs, not Bill gates. :P
Sorry my bad :(

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:35 am god damn you are so stupid...

we're doing insults now are we? :roll:

let me say it again then, see if you can understand it....

it is ONLY MAC USERS WITH RETINA SCREENS that have problems

i dont care what it is or what it isnt, that is not something im trying to prove. I am presenting you with one simple fact.

AnX wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:47 am
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:35 am god damn you are so stupid...

we're doing insults now are we? :roll:

let me say it again then, see if you can understand it....

it is ONLY MAC USERS WITH RETINA SCREENS that have problems

i dont care what it is or what it isnt, that is not something im trying to prove. I am presenting you with one simple fact.
Sorry, that was a bit uncalled...but ignorance and ignoring the facts does not make you right or answer being definitive

To understand easier for you, "Retina" displays are becoming popular with Windows users so in a long term Windows users would complain aswel, im just stating the fact. Therefore it would be very rational for developer for a new product to include compatibility with "retina' displays...do you understand why its important?

you dont have to convince me of anything

im just stating a fact, that only mac users with retina screens (their words, not mine) have complained of a problem

no win users with HD screens have that problem

i really dont know what you are arguing about, a quick scan thru the forums will back that up.

Synapse are "fixing" it anyway

AnX wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:16 am you dont have to convince me of anything

im just stating a fact, that only mac users with retina screens (their words, not mine) have complained of a problem

no win users with HD screens have that problem

i really dont know what you are arguing about, a quick scan thru the forums will back that up.

Synapse are "fixing" it anyway
I really dont know what you are trying to prove to me? Im just stating the fact that in a long run small skin wouldnt be Mac users problem onlt so its not odd at all why bigger skin was added despite Mac users being the minority.

they already have 3 diff sizes in V3 for everyone, but the largest size was a problem for users with macs that had retina screens

thats it...

must get some work done now.

Can you sell your license of Dune2 if you upgraded to Dune3?

no, not if it was an upgrade

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:59 am Besides that,i love Dune and its my most used vst despite the browser. But im not defending the decision to make such primitive browser when the synth has so many patches. Im sure Xfer has thought about that and also improved the browser because of reasons mentioned before. You remember that Serum had also same type of browser?
Does Serum have native NKS support though? That is our main reason (plus the amount of work required) to hesitate with a built-in browser.

In our opinion users who love massive preset libraries with tagging, favorites etc should give NKS a try. It is far superior to any built-in solution, since it works across all plugins. And even with a single plugin chances are that the NKS browser beats most or all native browsers - even more so if combined with a hardware controller, of course. And then there's the extra goodies like the Light Guide which is supported in DUNE 3 too :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Hey Richard, while you are here! Do you think any support for Linux VST is possible in the future?

Got it! Thank you!

EnGee wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:55 pm Hey Richard, while you are here! Do you think any support for Linux VST is possible in the future?
It might be possible with our new UI framework (coming with the next update of Dune 3), also the Intel tools we use should work under Linux. But I'm not sure what kind of obstacles there might be and if it is likely to make a port in reasonable time. At this point we do not have a single Linux machine nor do we know anyone who would test a plugin under Linux.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Return to “Instruments”