omiroad
KVRist
373 posts since 16 Mar, 2015

Post Fri May 31, 2019 7:33 am

AnX wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:03 am
omiroad wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:28 am
I still hope to see a fix for the Cubase crackling issue when multi-threading is enabled.
turn it off and let the host handle multi
That's not unreasonable, but I just like everything working perfectly :p

Biome_Digital
KVRian
767 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Re: DUNE 3 is now available!!

Post Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 am

AnX wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:39 am
_ZzaJ_ wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:14 am
Seems really good but I think kiloheart's phaseplants is better than this one?
phaseplant isnt out yet, so no idea how you can make a decision like that
It is out now. It is a completely different beast from Dune. They are both very good synths. Just wish Dune had up to date modulation like all the other new synths, that's from a sound design point of view though.

Coda4
KVRist
30 posts since 13 Jun, 2019

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:42 am

Just got Dune 3 a few days ago. What a beast! Best sounding synth on the market imo. So thick, warm and lush. I do wish it had a right click option to modulate a parameter or drag and drop like Hive does. That's about the only nitpick though. The oscillators, filters, effects all sound superb to me. And 2 arpeggiators are cool to have :)

This is my definitely my go-to now and makes me not care about any other synth out there, as sound wise for my taste, I find it trumps them all.

fisherKing
KVRAF
2026 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:19 am

it IS pretty great. but... can we edit an arpeggiator pattern? in other synth plugins, i can drag the bar to another note, but here? seems unchangeable (or do i have to export it out, change it as midi, then import it back???).....
always one plugin short of perfection...

AnX
KVRAF
5779 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:32 am

in midi mode, no editing, its an imported midi file (usually by whoever made the preset)

fisherKing
KVRAF
2026 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:10 am

AnX wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:32 am
in midi mode, no editing, its an imported midi file (usually by whoever made the preset)
d'oh! (thanx)...
always one plugin short of perfection...

Danilo Villanova
KVRist
237 posts since 30 Apr, 2018

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:21 am

Coda4 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:42 am
Just got Dune 3 a few days ago. What a beast! Best sounding synth on the market imo. So thick, warm and lush. I do wish it had a right click option to modulate a parameter or drag and drop like Hive does. That's about the only nitpick though. The oscillators, filters, effects all sound superb to me. And 2 arpeggiators are cool to have :)

This is my definitely my go-to now and makes me not care about any other synth out there, as sound wise for my taste, I find it trumps them all.
That's exactly my experience.

If you use the vintage waveforms (on the WT oscillator) plus one of the analog emulation filters you can get some very convincing analog sounds.

PatchAdamz
KVRAF
4763 posts since 13 Nov, 2012

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Danilo Villanova wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:21 am
Coda4 wrote:

If you use the vintage waveforms (on the WT oscillator) plus one of the analog emulation filters you can get some very convincing analog sounds.
True, dont be afraid to go a little dark with the filters, then dial it back.
It can get nicely analog.

Coda4
KVRist
30 posts since 13 Jun, 2019

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:00 pm

Danilo Villanova wrote:
Coda4 wrote:

Nice! I haven't used the WTs tha much yet I mostly use it in VA mode. The Blade Runner lead preset (1st one in Dune 3 Factory leads) is also really nice. So many inspiring warm sounds out of this synth, love it so much

collider
KVRist
140 posts since 14 Jun, 2018

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:35 am

Waiting for a sale at the end of the year to grab it.

Musicisbest
KVRist
275 posts since 6 Sep, 2004

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:54 am

Coda4 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:00 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote:
Coda4 wrote:

Nice! I haven't used the WTs tha much yet I mostly use it in VA mode. The Blade Runner lead preset (1st one in Dune 3 Factory leads) is also really nice. So many inspiring warm sounds out of this synth, love it so much
Dune 3 can do a broad range of sounds, here are some interesting ones I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiR3Bbl ... e=youtu.be

surreal
KVRian
1352 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:28 am

:tu:

mrsugmad
KVRist
142 posts since 30 Nov, 2007

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:41 pm

collider wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:35 am
Waiting for a sale at the end of the year to grab it.
Let's hope it goes on sale sooner; anyone with a hint of 'when' ?

AnX
KVRAF
5779 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:22 pm

not before xmas, they usually wait for 12 months after release

Dim Vision
KVRist
62 posts since 1 Jul, 2017

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:36 am

I'm confused by the way keytracking seems to function in Dune 3. In my limited experience, when I increase a parameter like filter keytracking in other synths such as Hive 2 the cutoff frequency decreases for lower notes and increases for higher notes, but in Dune 3 (demo) it just sounds to me like the cutoff frequency increases for all notes as I increase keytracking.

For example, if I'm using a LP filter all notes become brighter as keytracking amount is increased.

Return to “Instruments”