DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Oberheim 8000 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:01 pm
recursive one wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:36 am
Mattvk19 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:04 pm Can´t explain. I don´t get the results with D3 i get with D2. Maybe it´s the GUI or the less options.
I better focus on it.
Actually the only big difference in the GUI is the second filter, which is disabled in the default patch and which you can just ignore if you don't need it. Everything else is just some extra knobs in the osc section, extra arp2 knob and some extra points in the dropdown menu.
You forget another big difference, Wavetable editor for D3.
Sure, there is that editor but you don't see it if you need it. The question was about GUI and workflow differences between D2 and D3 which i think are minmal if you don't use the new functions in D3.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Tried the demo and really love the synth, but I am missing some drag and drop modulation. If this could be realised, it would turn into my instant number 1 synth.

Dune doesn't have drag and drop. But it is the only matrix that i know of where you can modulate voices individually, very powerful feature.
DoomTune.com

Proken wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:09 pm Tried the demo and really love the synth, but I am missing some drag and drop modulation. If this could be realised, it would turn into my instant number 1 synth.
A little patience will be rewarded. It may not be D'n'D but I reckon right-click is even more convenient. It's not in beta yet, hence the need for patience, but there is supposedly something in the works to address the situation and you won't have to wait for DUNE 4 to get it. But you didn't hear that from me, OK?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:06 am
Proken wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:09 pm Tried the demo and really love the synth, but I am missing some drag and drop modulation. If this could be realised, it would turn into my instant number 1 synth.
A little patience will be rewarded. It may not be D'n'D but I reckon right-click is even more convenient. It's not in beta yet, hence the need for patience, but there is supposedly something in the works to address the situation and you won't have to wait for DUNE 4 to get it. But you didn't hear that from me, OK?
'More convenient' I don't know but sure sounds a lot better than the current situation.

Of course it's more convenient - right-click where you are and choose an option, as opposed to dragging something across your screen. I hate Drag 'n' Drop, it's very inelegant.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Am i the only person in entire universe who is happy with Dune 3 modulaton the way it is and thinks that only a browser needs to be redone?

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:13 am Am i the only person in entire universe who is happy with Dune 3 modulaton the way it is and thinks that only a browser needs to be redone?
Nope.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:13 am Am i the only person in entire universe who is happy with Dune 3 modulaton the way it is and thinks that only a browser needs to be redone?
nope, and im happy with the browser too :D

AnX wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:02 am
Same here.

I woldn't mind drag'n'drop or right-click assigments but I'm totally fine with programming Dune without it, I love mod-matrices. :tu:

Also I'm fine with the browser, very nice for handling my own patches without all these redundant bells and whistles.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

BONES wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:06 am
Would be awesome! If thats happening along with the current matrix view, it would kick ass.

recursive one wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:13 am
Same here.

I woldn't mind drag'n'drop or right-click assigments but I'm totally fine with programming Dune without it, I love mod-matrices. :tu:

Also I'm fine with the browser, very nice for handling my own patches without all these redundant bells and whistles.
I like the matrix as well, it should stay as it is, but adding a feature where drag n drop or right click to add modulation, would def increases workflow of the synth.

Proken wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:36 pm
recursive one wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:13 am
Same here.

I like the matrix as well, it should stay as it is, but adding a feature where drag n drop or right click to add modulation, would def increases workflow of the synth.
+1. Would be neat to be able to have a faster workflow WITH the matrix just stay the way it is ofcourse (a matrix is so handy; i really miss it in Pigments for instance)

Somebody needs to learn what NDA stands for......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

What NDA? Who signed any NDA?

Return to “Instruments”