DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

just bote the upgrade - wow so nice :-)

Hi,

I upgraded to DUNE 3 from DUNE 2, Downloaded DUNE 3 ver 3.06 , but it is black listed in Studio One Pro 4.

Any help in solving this issue ? I'm on Windows 8.1 Pro. For now I can't use DUNE 3. (Bummer).

The installed dll shows version 3.0 but I downloaded 3.06. I tried both the NKS and Non-NKS versions and both are not working.

DUNE 2 works fine.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Worked fine here in S1 4 Pro.

Do you have both installed, Dune 2 and 3? Also, what happens when you reset the blacklist?

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:09 pm Worked fine here in S1 4 Pro.

Do you have both installed, Dune 2 and 3? Also, what happens when you reset the blacklist?
Resetting the black list didn't help.

Do I need to uninstall Dune 2 for Dune 3 to work ?

I don't think so. I think I even had the Dune 2 demo still installed alongside Dune 3. No idea what might be the problem, sorry.

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:16 pm I don't think so. I think I even had the Dune 2 demo still installed alongside Dune 3. No idea what might be the problem, sorry.
Thanks for the feedback. I wonder what the problem is.

Maybe Synapse Audio can help.

I Posted the DUNE 3 issue on both their Forum, and emailed their tech support, hopefully they will fix this issue soon.

issue fixed in 3.07

Richard wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:26 am We have updated Dune 3 to v3.07 which fixes this issue. Please download this version, sorry for the inconvenience.

This was an issue specific to v3.06 (Windows) which we had only just uploaded (the installer was flawed)

Muziksculp wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:12 pm

Do I need to uninstall Dune 2 for Dune 3 to work ?
no, they run fine together, different. dlls

@Richard_Synapse,

Thanks for fixing the installer via the 3.07 instraller update. DUNE 3 Looks, and Sounds ... Awesome !

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Bringing up the gui of dune while idling takes up to 40/50 percent cpu ( initilazed patch ) , when closing the gui ..cpu consumption drops to 10 %
I have a fairly old intel i5 gen2 +amd radeon ...but the pc is still capable enough ,
Running reaktor 6 and talmod ( which can also be cpu intesive ) do not have these issues
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Even on my internet computer which is a wimpy i3 running at 3.1Ghz with onboard Intel graphics Dune 3 doesn't use much CPU if any when open or closed and not processing audio in both FL Studio and Reaper.
D3 020919-1.png
Windows 10 64 bit, everything else 64 bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:07 am Even on my internet computer which is a wimpy i3 running at 3.1Ghz with onboard Intel graphics Dune 3 doesn't use much CPU if any when open or closed and not processing audio in both FL Studio and Reaper.

D3 020919-1.png

Windows 10 64 bit, everything else 64 bit.
Same here , everything is 64 bit
Well , the cpu meter in my host stays low (renoise ), windows taskmanager shows otherwise.
So this cpu consumption is not audio related , but graphics related and afaik no dawt cpu meter will show that

Edit I just loaded dune 3 in architect , and there the cpu (win taskmanager) is the same , iow low
So this is a renoise specific issue
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I had checked with Windows Task Manager with the same results.

Can you contact the Renoise developers and see what they have to say ? Posting on the Synapse forum is probably more likely to get a response than here. :)

Looks like this is one of those times when a certain plugin just doesn't play well with a certain DAW. It can be difficult to figure out just which one is to blame. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”