Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

If someone is struggling getting the right timbres out of pigments ... I *highly* recommend searching out videos that explain the two engines, filters, effects, and sequencer, etc.. I initially thought the sounds needed to be slathered in effects, or didn't have snappy enough timbres, or were overly crunchy (I was over-using the Morph portions of the wavetables, in nearly every case), etc. What opened my eyes and ears were a few of the videos that have been posted up. That, and spending more time exploring both the manual more closely, pulling apart presets, and generally getting more time with the interface. I was missing a lot of the capabilities, and timbres. A good (recent) video is Andrew Huang's Pigments Sound Design Tips. Although it's only a shade over 8 minutes - Andrew goes through some important Pigments concepts. Highly recommend watching this video, and following along - if you are struggling at all in getting fat evolving timbres from Pigments..

Joe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxdCxrUhaGY

Hi,

I am using The latest Pigments synth from Arturia (tested x64 VST2 and VST3) in FL Studio v20.1.1 [build 795] Studio One 4.1.1.49941 and the latest BandLab SONAR.
For some reason, and i've tried all wrapper settings (FL Studio), the initial voice-on message won't trigger pigments when rendering. When i playback the song, there is no such issue (in all DAWs).

I've tried 'use fixed size buffers' (and the options under "more"). I've tried disabling 'play truncated notes' and enabling 'Reset plugins on transport'.
I've also tried different Buffer lengths and settings (Triple buffer and mix in buffer switch settings).

Anyone else having this problem?
Last edited by exmatproton on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

exmatproton wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:02 am Hi,

I am using The latest Pigments synth from Arturia (tested x64 VST2 and VST3) in FL Studio v20.1.1 [build 795] Studio One 4.1.1.49941 and the latest BandLab SONAR.
For some reason, and i've tried all wrapper settings (FL Studio), the initial voice-on message won't trigger pigments when rendering. When i playback the song, there is no such issue (in all DAWs).

I've tried 'use fixed size buffers' (and the options under "more"). I've tried disabling 'play truncated notes' and enabling 'Reset plugins on transport'.
I've also tried different Buffer lengths and settings (Triple buffer and mix in buffer switch settings).

Anyone else having this problem?
Windows 10 x64, 1809 [17763.195]
Steinberg UR28M, latest firm- and software (v2.1.6, bootV2.11, mainV2.11)

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:42 pm So, I had a some time with Pigments yesterday. This would have been a cool plugin 10 years ago. Do yourself a favor and buy ArcSyn instead.
zerocrossing: Arcsyn has a brilliant selection of waveshapes to use as oscillators; but theoretically: you *should* be able to emulate almost any one of them if you're using wavetables composed of individual waveforms in Pigments that represent 'stepping through' each of Arcsyn's waveshapes using the shape control. And please correct me if I'm wrong: Arcsyn's waveshapes read like a superset (super-duper-set would be more accurate - the selection is indeed brilliant) of an analog synthesizer's - Arcsyn is fundamentally marketed as a VA, true?

goldenanalog wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:08 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:42 pm So, I had a some time with Pigments yesterday. This would have been a cool plugin 10 years ago. Do yourself a favor and buy ArcSyn instead.
zerocrossing: Arcsyn has a brilliant selection of waveshapes to use as oscillators; but theoretically: you *should* be able to emulate almost any one of them if you're using wavetables composed of individual waveforms in Pigments that represent 'stepping through' each of Arcsyn's waveshapes using the shape control. And please correct me if I'm wrong: Arcsyn's waveshapes read like a superset (super-duper-set would be more accurate - the selection is indeed brilliant) of an analog synthesizer's - Arcsyn is fundamentally marketed as a VA, true?
Zero crossing :
Actually thanks for showing me arcsyn, bought it and it's great. But sorry, it's quite a different approach than pigments. Pigments strength is in workflow, visual appeal and feedback, which is great. I'm not saying that you can't get similar sounds. But pigments has more possibilities with wave tables, and arcsyn has more crazy modulation randomizers.
That's why I use both. Also the synths both inspire in a different way. And that's what's important to me.

aMUSEd wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:45 pm Here's a NKS template for using this in NI keyboards/Maschine

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hiwrbo8jcoah ... Rz17a?dl=0
Together with a couple of fellow NI user Library members (Cooner and Christos Adamos) we have now kompleted the NKS conversion with previews and the full factory library as .nksf

No doubt Arturia will eventually get round to doing this themselves but in the meantime I couldn't wait :)

Version 1.1 is available.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:26 am Version 1.1 is available.
Is there a change log posted?

I dont' have an official one yet
Fernando (FMR)

Pigments resources page.
Hit the i for info in the either download.

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... /resources

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

:tu:
Fernando (FMR)

Hi,

2 presets of Pigments with Spitfire...
01 - Spitfire Audio Symphonic Strings Evolution (C1 - Evo 46)
02 - Arturia - Pigments - Horror of Masters
03 - Arturia - Pigments - Cinemascope

https://soundcloud.com/user-919732565/like-a-spitfire

Thanks for the info, zvenx!

Poly aftertouch!!

fmr wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 pm:tu:
jsp1979 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:48 pm Thanks for the info, zvenx!
Most welcome.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”