Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:27 am Some absurd comments about the name - it matches the synth beautifully
Agreed on both fronts.

Imagine being the person who wouldn't use a tool because of the name it's been given.
f**k using a feeler gauge or sextant then.

Im not an owner of arturia synths, but i have mini filter v and it seems it gives me a big discount for this synth, it shows me 99 eu VAT included.

felis wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:56 pm
Proken wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:41 pm Im testing the 1 month trial and I love it, only I cant seem to find the unison and detune button on the analog engine, also I cant adjust the amount of voices in there as well, only in the wavetable engine. Am i blind or?

Not every synth has every feature.
After a while, you just pick and choose the ones that have what's important to you.
Well I hope they will add in in the future, because I love the synth.

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:14 pm Im not an owner of arturia synths, but i have mini filter v and it seems it gives me a big discount for this synth, it shows me 99 eu VAT included.
I don't think that it's because you own Mini Filter:
Until 10 Jan 2019, you can experience Pigments for free.
During this period, you can also purchase Pigments for a great introductory price.

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:14 pm Im not an owner of arturia synths, but i have mini filter v and it seems it gives me a big discount for this synth, it shows me 99 eu VAT included.
Hey me too! $99 for pigments, and $268 for pigments + v collection.

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:33 pm
During this period, you can also purchase Pigments for a great introductory price.
I logged out of my account, and the introductory price went up to $149. When logged in, it's down to $99. I also own just the Mini filter. Maybe you just need an account or at least own one Arturia product to get the bigger discount. Either way, that's nice of them. I was hesitant on getting this, but will do it now.
Last edited by seismicfm on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aliens wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:02 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:27 am Some absurd comments about the name - it matches the synth beautifully
Agreed on both fronts.

Imagine being the person who wouldn't use a tool because of the name it's been given.
f**k using a feeler gauge or sextant then.
I think the name is terrible, “matching” the synth or not. Arturia call it a polychrome synth and I think that would have been a better name.

I do agree, however, with what you said. I also think Diva is a terrible name, and have used that synth since release because I also think it’s a great synth.

seismicfm wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:45 pm
I logged out of my account, and the introductory price went up to $149. When logged in, it's down to $99. I also own just the Mini filter. Maybe you just need an account or at least own one Arturia product to get the bigger discount. Either way, that's nice of them. I was hesitant on getting this, but will do it now.
Oh, interesting. Guess it's right then, as i also own Mini Filter, and the price is $99 here as well. :)

$199 regular is pretty ridiculous though.

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:52 pm
You have to star with a high 'regular price' if you are going to make most of your sales with introductory and fairly regular 50% of sales...standard practice for many VSTs...and sofas!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

perpetual3 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:47 am It is a terrible name.
It really is. I think I will just call it the Arturia PS from now on.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:52 pm
seismicfm wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:45 pm
Oh, interesting. Guess it's right then, as i also own Mini Filter, and the price is $99 here as well. :)

And if I recall, I got the mini filter for free. Yeah, $199 is a bit steep but most of their synths are $149 and up. I suppose just like NI, they want to steer you toward purchasing the collection.

I've been playing around with the demo. Pigments just sounds like pretty much any other synth to me. I can't say the raw sound without FX is any better than budget VSTis I bought from Air Music. I think the main draw here are the included patches which are very nice. I may have been spoiled a little by Dune 3 but I think I'll wait for Pigments to be included in the next Arturia Collection. Massive X is also due in February and it just might be spectacular.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

As an owner of Mini-Filter (free), Analog Lab 3, BEV, and a Microbrute, I still get the $99 price as people who just have Mini-Filter. A little weird, but okay.

I'll at least try the demo; the talk of West Coast and flexible modulation has me intrigued, though I really don't need more synths.

foosnark wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:50 pm though I really don't need more synths.
you should be banned!

foosnark wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:50 pm I'll at least try the demo; the talk of West Coast and flexible modulation has me intrigued, though I really don't need more synths.
If you dont need any more synths I wouldn't risk trying the demo, you might like it :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”