Arturia 11 December - Pigments Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

hope there will be a NKS update soon. The synth doesn't sound amazing like dune3, but the workflow is very beautiful

Think it's a great synth. I don't get all the negativity?
The filters sound fantastic, the intro price if you own V Collection etc. is great. The 30 day demo is such a good idea, why is it such an uncommon thing these days for there to be a really decent long demo?

Look I was hoping for a granular synth with spectral synthesis and additive synthesis etc. but right away I'm getting good things out of it.

Oh and who gives a rats ass what the name is? Really? that's even a bone of contention?

sacer wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:41 am hope there will be a NKS update soon. The synth doesn't sound amazing like dune3, but the workflow is very beautiful
I posted a controller only NKS template at least a couple of pages back - I am pretty sure it will come out as NKS, would be mad not to really, but I also know from personal experience how much work is involved in that - they held off a while for VColl6 too.

I think its good that they chose this name, its funny and it makes people talk, also smart from Arturia's side, because when people talk means more promotion.

Damn. After i bought it at full price the €69 price came up in my account.
That should have been there as soon it was for sale and not many hours later.

D-Fusion wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:55 am Damn. After i bought it at full price the €69 price came up in my account.

Artura are nice guys, tell them what happened I am pretty sure they will take care of you....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

D-Fusion wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:55 am Damn. After i bought it at full price the €69 price came up in my account.
Contact support, I am sure they will be kind

Ed A. wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:05 am The name isn't its worst point though, its sound is thin and harsh, IMO.
It's your opinion. It's curious that, when it appeared, the same was said about Serum. Look where it is now. :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

machinesworking wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:43 am Think it's a great synth. I don't get all the negativity?
For some people, there are names that awake the monster in them. They desperately try to find something negative. Nevermind. When Serum was launched, a lot of people also bashed it. Thin and harsh were common adjectives used too. Yet Serum conquered its place under the sun. "Dogs bark"
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:24 am
Ed A. wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:05 am The name isn't its worst point though, its sound is thin and harsh, IMO.
It's your opinion. It's curious that, when it appeared, the same was said about Serum. Look where it is now. :shrug:
The difference for me is that Serum was there very soon and we didn't have much alternatives. It had a great UI for the time, lots of filters and Steve did a great job at building a community around it.

Now we have a lot of alternatives ( and I guess more and more people are getting saturated with plugins).

Stefken wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:03 am
fmr wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:24 am
The difference for me is that Serum was there very soon and we didn't have much alternatives. It had a great UI for the time, lots of filters and Steve did a great job at building a community around it.

Now we have a lot of alternatives ( and I guess more and more people are getting saturated with plugins).
I agree about the alternatives (I know, I have almost all of them). However that argument is as valid for Pigments as it is for any other of the alternatives. Fortunately for us, we have all those. We have the oportunity to choose. I still remember when Jon Ayres closed Concrete FX to start RPCX, and how I begged him to create a new version of Kubik in RPCX. Back then, it was Kubik or nothing.
Fernando (FMR)

Stefken wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:03 am The difference for me is that Serum was there very soon and we didn't have much alternatives. It had a great UI for the time, lots of filters and Steve did a great job at building a community around it.

This. It seems for success you have to be the first at delivering a great product (or have deep pockets for marketing). Like Sylenth1, it was the first soft synth to have hardware VA like sound quality (or at least comes close).

The criticism is just embarassing on KVR to be honest. It's a perfectly good sounding instrument for its category, with huge potential for future updating, and the price is unbeatable if you own Collection 6 at 69 Euros. The flashy lights aren't there just for show, but help give you feedback to actually make musical sounding sounds (god forbid).
Where it falls short for me is that the effects section may not be as intuitive to get your head around as the rest of the synth, and there is no visual feedback to guide you, but the quality of the effects and possibilities are fantastic.
Also lack of wavetable editor, which must be something they are considering in an update. As for more advanced synthesis methods, again, Arturia would be crazy not to add them in future versions, such as a full FM engine, a resynthesis engine (aka Synclavier), and so on. Since they would compete directly with their own instruments, the price will obviously reflect that.
Also, a nice 303 filter for the EDM crowd, or possibly the Synthi for the rest of us, an updated Jupiter 8 filter would be nice in a future version. I must say, the Matrix 12 filter is surprisingly fantastic sounding.

Oh yes, while the unison is fantastic sounding, it's very basic and again no visual feedback. More in depth options for unison in future versions would be very nice.
<List your stupid gear here>

Exactly, as a 'V1' release it is a supurb framework for future (inevitable) innovation.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:59 am

Artura are nice guys, tell them what happened I am pretty sure they will take care of you....
Sent a Mail to support now so hope they fix it :)
The Pigments is a awesome synth with all the different filter options and my favorite is the SEM filter which reminds me of the OB 6 filter based on my memory from when i owned one.

I love all the Arturia synths and find them great in their own way + i love that one program installs them all in one go so the Pigments where a instabuy from me :tu:

Return to “Instruments”