arturia synthi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:11 pm
Cinebient wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:05 pm Please not another wavetable synth....hell, please no.
This. We got hundreds of them already
So? We got lots of analog subtractive synths too, and everyday appears a new one (both in hardware as in software) :shrug:

BTW - For those that may be interested, I published a compilaton of several wavetable synths playing the same wavetable (three different wavetables, one synthetic and the other two resynthesized, without anything else, no modulations except the one needed to play the wavetable, no filters, no effects, just the synth playing the raw wavetable). Those that say all wavetables sound equal may have a surprise.

Here's the link to the thread page: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=511390&start=338
Fernando (FMR)

I’m guessing if this is not an emulation but a new soft synth (a first for Arturia?) it won’t be part of the V collection.

$$*@(&$(@&!($&!($%&!#)%*!)#($*^)@#(%&^@)%^ !!!

Dunno why but I keep making double posts..
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:24 pm I’m guessing if this is not an emulation but a new soft synth (a first for Arturia?) it won’t be part of the V collection.

^
^
^
What they said
:borg:

No wavetable plugin can replace my MicrowaveXT and all it's glory. If this one can, bring it on! Seems like they're using a different engine, it sounds a bit different from their current plugins, kind of more live sounding and organic.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

fmr wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:03 pm Anyway, let's wait for the 13th. I think you will like it :wink:
We Have Ways of Making You Talk!

fmr wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 pm
Cinebient wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:05 pm Please not another wavetable synth....hell, please no.
+1 billion
All wavetable synths are different (something we cannot say about VAs, for example).
Sure we can.

PPG with Waveterm or Waldorf WAVE
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW. wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:16 pm PPG with Waveterm or Waldorf WAVE
It's not an emulation, this time :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

crystalmsc wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:08 am No wavetable plugin can replace my MicrowaveXT and all it's glory. If this one can, bring it on! Seems like they're using a different engine, it sounds a bit different from their current plugins, kind of more live sounding and organic.
Not that i know much about the Microwave XT, but... at least Blofeld and Largo have the wavetables from the XT. Thing sounds nice though, very punchy, organic and analog. Typical Waldorf. :) I guess their newer stuff sounds a bit more bright and harsh.

chk071 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:26 pm XT. Thing sounds nice though, very punchy, organic and analog. Typical Waldorf. :) I guess their newer stuff sounds a bit more bright and harsh.
My impression too. I have a Microwave and a Microwave II (the II is the same engine of the XT, just the case is different). I think they sound "warmer" than the Largo, and also the Blofeld.

The Microwave I even had real analog filters, as did the big Waldorf Wave (which shared many similarities with the Microwave I).
Last edited by fmr on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

All wavetable synths are different (something we cannot say about VAs, for example).
Agree.

But you've gotta admit the market for WT synths is SUPER saturated.

Is there a wavetable synth that lets you morph between 4 different tables with x/y controller? Also would be cool if i could zone map the wavetables. I think there is room for something new.

DrEntropy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:10 pm Is there a wavetable synth that lets you morph between 4 different tables with x/y controller? Also would be cool if i could zone map the wavetables. I think there is room for something new.
KORG Wavestation.

DrEntropy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:10 pm Is there a wavetable synth that lets you morph between 4 different tables with x/y controller? Also would be cool if i could zone map the wavetables. I think there is room for something new.
The new Hive 2.0 maybe can do that.
Last edited by ZeePok on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”