One Synth Challenge #118: Elek7ro & Noisemaker (rghvdberg Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Elek7ro TAL-NoiseMaker

Noisemaker is completely rebuilt. It's a different engine.

An irony that was not lost on me is that in this OSC you get commercial plugins, but the synth is not that accessible for people in a garden of privilege. I'm not insinuating that it's bad to be in a garden of privilege, or to be impoverished with no hope of upward mobility.

bridgewize
quick, _ake what you want in life

@574X indeed, it is full of irony this time.

I'm not sure exactly what garden of privilege you think people are living in, but that's certainly not me. Perhaps some OSCers are, but I'm struggling to stay afloat because of a past year of mistakes. I just happen to still own FabFilter plugins and some others that I don't use because I can't seem to find motivation to do anything outside of OSC. They simply aren't so much better on the sound side of things than free or certain DAW effects, they just have very nice UIs, which makes editing easier and helps me keep motivation. The funniest thing about it all is that since I also have Bitwig, it does automatic 32-bit bridging and I _can_ actually use Elec7ro, it's just the UI is so broken it's hard to tell what's going on -- quite the opposite of the commercial plugs, so even more ironic for my own situation.

z.prime wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:06 pmBTW... I'll have to redeploy my spy drones again soon.

P.S. -- even back then your sound design was amazing. :tu:
Hah! And thanks :). If I happen to catch a drone of yours, I'll turn it into a sculpture in my garden of privilege. Ta!

Hey, it is me again! It seems that I am among those who made this thing working. I'm not a fan of posting WIPs, but as I did it already, some of you may be curious what happened with my track. I have spent some time on it and I'm pretty happy with the result.

So this is my first draft. It will change dramaticly in terms of production I guess. Enjoy...

https://soundcloud.com/vca089/elek7ro-synthpop-demo-v2
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Brian / Richard will you be able to give us a decision or input into the suggestion to use Noisemaker instead?
I'm kind of waiting to start and I don't want to start sound designing on the wrong one.. :)

Guenon wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:03 pm
z.prime wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:06 pmBTW... I'll have to redeploy my spy drones again soon.

P.S. -- even back then your sound design was amazing. :tu:
Hah! And thanks :). If I happen to catch a drone of yours, I'll turn it into a sculpture in my garden of privilege. Ta!
:lol:

It's abstract and open to interpretation (while referencing the garden of mac paradigmaticism). Guenon wins in his own way.

The question remains: Who has enough hope in themselves, to rise to this month's challenge?

Hey guys, after further consideration:
Tal Noisemaker (any version) can be used or Elek7ro, or both may be mixed freely
(any verison of elek7ro)
Party on...

HOLY MOLY

Guenon wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:08 pmHOLY MOLY
:lol:

RichardSemper wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:22 pm Hey guys, after further consideration:
Tal Noisemaker (any version) can be used or Elek7ro, or both may be mixed freely
(any verison of elek7ro)
Party on...
:party: Thanks for clarifying :D

WOW!! A double dose of awesome! Thanks Richard and Santa!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Greetings from the Garden of Privilege.

Thanks BJ and Richard -- mac users have a reason to rejoice!

In view of the limitations, maybe it would be cool to make every other OSC about a commercial synth. Most well-known synths have hundreds or even thousands of users, enough for an OSC. And it would be interesting to see if the results would be more commercial, professional, or whatever...

RichardSemper wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:22 pm Hey guys, after further consideration:
(any verison of elek7ro)
Party on...
sick!

although i am a little sad b/c that GUI on elek7ro is just sexy as hell

pps @richard semper, are you the TAL dev? if so... :hail:

https://soundcloud.com/zerothefox/elek7ro-wip/s-XxPIe
(THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS SO FAR)
I might be going a tad heavy on the distortion of some sounds, but at the same time, I dunno what I could do to replace them if this is unacceptable though. But this is what I'm currently working on. Maybe I'll finish it, Maybe not... depends on time and motivation really
It's very tasty, I swear!

Return to “Instruments”