Waves Flow Motion - New FM Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JoeCat wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:52 pm
Ableton has its issues, but I have a stupid amount of plugins and don't have this problem with any other company, so I'm assuming it has more to do with the Waves Shell.
+1.

Yoad Nevo who is one of the developers of this synth was talking about it today on Sonic Talk. Interesting..
See them here, starting at 04:35.

https://youtu.be/Z6F1kMbaNEo

is the gui a joke or does it really look like that?

Quite the contrary, old friend, quite the contrary. It might appear unintuitive though if you keep looking for the rack-ears.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

maybe i need to get back on the drugs.... its prob the worst commercial gui I've ever seen

AnX wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:37 pm maybe i need to get back on the drugs.... its prob the worst commercial gui I've ever seen
In fact it‘s a very straight forward way of visualizing 4 Oscillators with random modulations between them.
The only thing thatˋs non functional is the fake 3D background.

AnX wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:37 pm maybe i need to get back on the drugs.... its prob the worst commercial gui I've ever seen
After getting more familiar with it I can say the gui is excellent. It does look funky but the choice of colors, shapes and text is very tasteful and everything is well layed out. And how the gui visualizes sounds is quite brilliant. So as with most Waves plugins the gui is made to a very high standard with both form and function combined perfectly.
No signature here!

Yes, a few days in I think this is a realy top draw synth, the basic sound is great and I also like the workflow. I think it is one of the very best FM based synth available and probably one of the best buys I have made this year for the money....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

But I'm thinking that Waves could have a different installation manager, protocols, etcetera, but they seem content with this. And as has been said, it seems to work for more serious users, like professionals.

But KVR dudes complain. And complain. I have said before, Waves really did help build the plug-in industry as we know it nowadays...and we can get their plugs for $29.00 basically, so maybe just chill out, rejoice, actually. :hihi:

And I'm not saying KVR isn't important. I LOVE KVR!! well...sorta...hey, guys, let me think about that awhile, ok?

But it has been talked about, on these very sacred forums... :lol: 8) that KVR is comprised of a good many hobbyists, who like to, quite frankly...

socialize & complain! and I think that is pretty cool, actually...

except that, we need to put it all in some sort of perspective here... 8)

Oh, and by the way, Flow Motion looks fantastic!

hey, is anyone else having issues with[i][quote] italics and quotes [/quote][/i] in the forum software? It is not working well for me, Windows 7, over here.

Grizzellda wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:37 am And as has been said, it seems to work for more serious users, like professionals.
Because one guy hinted at that, does not make it true.
For the record, all my Wave plugins work just fine.

It 's just that there is a faulty install process and in my case I have to correct things manually to get things working. Not how things are supposed to work !

Also synths and fx are mingled in these waveshells.
I have different locations for synths and fx so everything is nicely organised. Not possible.
I can compensate this with the collection feature of Ableton though where I can restructure things.

I don't know where that waveshell structure comes from but it probably has to do with their internal dev structure that they are forcing on the user.

How about Waves provides a proper install where you can choose what components to install and where to place them, with a seperate dll per component? That's how it's done by 95% of the companies.

Stefken wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:58 am How about Waves provides a proper install where you can choose what components to install and where to place them, with a seperate dll per component? That's how it's done by 95% of the companies.
I think that their whole system is more complex than that. It is kinda like about a bunch of plug-ins all under one control system. Makes sense, really...are they the only ones? :hihi: :hihi:

But now many DAWs have plug-in management! So you can still organize stuff, regardless of how they are on the hard drive. :) 8)

Grizzellda wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:37 am But it has been talked about, on these very sacred forums... :lol: 8) that KVR is comprised of a good many hobbyists, who like to, quite frankly...

socialize & complain! and I think that is pretty cool, actually...
Go to any forum and you'll find a bunch of people who like to complain about stuff and often seem to go out of their way to find things to complain about: "I downloaded this because I know I will hate it and so I can tell other people how much I hate it."

That said, Waves installation and plugin management is an unusually clunky process that seems to have resulted from some development decisions taken years ago that probably made sense once but today not so much. It also assumes that you're WUPed all the time when they have an installer that can actually look at that status and react accordingly (if they wanted to) rather than encourage you to do stupid things like install plugins you can't run so you have to uninstall everything and start again. That can't be good for their support overhead.

OTOH, when you look at a lot of the complaints about it, I sometimes wonder whether some people do anything other than install and uninstall the plugins.

Go to any forum and you'll find a bunch of people who like to complain about a bunch of people who like to complain about stuff.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:31 am Go to any forum and you'll find a bunch of people who like to complain about a bunch of people who like to complain about stuff.
It's almost as if there's a common factor at work.

Stefken and Gamma-UT: So many yesses - You both hit the nail on the head with all those points :tu:

Return to “Instruments”